Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 08:43:04 AM
713331 Posts in 53056 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Press Releases and Film News  |  Did anyone else hear about this? « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Did anyone else hear about this?  (Read 21179 times)
Joe
Bad Movie Lover

What are you afraid of? It's only rock n' roll.

« on: March 13, 2007, 09:30:55 AM »

The Day The Earth Stood Still - Remake

http://www.comingsoon.net/films.php?id=19019

Doc Daneeka
The Game is Finished?
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

It's neVer over!

« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2007, 06:10:20 AM »

Thumbup AWESOME! TeddyR

Just seeing what kind of reaction that brings

https://www.youtube.com/user/silverspherechannel
For the latest on the fifth installment in Don Coscarelli's Phantasm saga.
Mr_Vindictive

By Sword. By Pick. By Axe. Bye Bye.

« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2007, 08:35:23 AM »

I hate you Mr. Briggs.   Smile

The Day The Earth Stood Still was an amazing film, and one that was a childhood favorite of mine.  I can't imagine someone remaking it.  The appeal of the original was that it was so understated.  It's a very talky film with only a small amount of the robot.  I have a feeling it will turn out as IRobot did.

But, I believe the films message rings true today.  Nuclear threats seem to be on the news every single day,  so the message will still ring true.

A bald man named Savalas visited me last night in a dream.  I think it was a Telly vision.
JPickettIII
A BAD MOVIE IS A TERRIBLE THING TO WASTE!
Bad Movie Lover

HELP! WE ARE STUCK IN A GOOD MOVIE!!!

« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2007, 11:38:58 AM »

WHY!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

Hatred Hatred Hatred

\\\\\\\"Freedom is not free\"\\\\\\ or ///\"Where ever you go, there you are!\"///
T-Rex Television
Dedicated Viewer

I Am The Walrus!!

« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2007, 04:21:24 PM »

*super headdesk*

I say we all hide in a hole in the ground until people stop being idiots and remaking perfectly good movies, into horrible pieces of sh*t. Who's with me? *Starts digging a hole in the ground*

"Be still my dog of war, I understand your pain. We have all lost someone we love..."

VogNhymn
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #5 on: March 14, 2007, 10:04:17 PM »

Again, another needless remake. I know stories and such have been remade since time began but at least it seems like if someone feels like a theme or a storyline needs updating than take the story and remake it into a totally new monster without the use of the title.
fortunato
Bad Movie Lover

The laziest man on mars.

« Reply #6 on: March 15, 2007, 01:04:41 PM »

Why do companies always feel the need to remake good films? They'd stand a better chance of improving quality on bad movies. We should submit a list of bad movies to Paramount, Fox, and the rest so that they can remake stuff like Sisters of Death, Devil's Rain, Manos, and Glen or Glenda.

Goblins still exist. Your Grandpa Seth is telling you!

Are you nuts? You tryin' ta turn me into a homo?

You're TEARING ME APART, Lisa!

"May I remind you that I am in command here! Only an idiot would attempt such a thing. I will do it myself."
raj

« Reply #7 on: March 15, 2007, 01:39:48 PM »

Why do companies always feel the need to remake good films? They'd stand a better chance of improving quality on bad movies. We should submit a list of bad movies to Paramount, Fox, and the rest so that they can remake stuff like Sisters of Death, Devil's Rain, Manos, and Glen or Glenda.

Or Gigli

(What?  Someone had to say it.)
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« Reply #8 on: March 15, 2007, 02:03:01 PM »

I refuse to see it.

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
ulthar

I AM serious, and stop calling me Shirley

« Reply #9 on: March 15, 2007, 02:10:05 PM »

Where's ya'll's sense of ad-ven-ture in movie making?  TDTESS is long overdue for a remake.  I'm surprised it took this long.

Just imagine, Will Smith as Klaatu.  He could give it that special 'urban' charm he oozes so well.  Add to that depth some cheese, visually uninteresting CGI space-war effects showing the backstory about why he made the trip to earth in the first place and you've got a cinematic gold mine.  Finally, the moral could underscore the war on terror and how we often 'become just like them.'  Lots to do with this folks, and we can only hope Rob Cohen directs.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Professor Hathaway:  I noticed you stopped stuttering.
Bodie:      I've been giving myself shock treatments.
Professor Hathaway: Up the voltage.

--Real Genius
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« Reply #10 on: March 15, 2007, 02:28:12 PM »

Mebbe they could get Paris Hilton to play the Coffee  Lady's role? And instead of turning off all the electricity,mebbe just the TV sets and computers? That would REALLY freak people out!

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
moravec
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #11 on: March 15, 2007, 02:40:27 PM »

It's been confirmed. Personally I think  this is one classic that does not need to be re-done.

Apparently Box Office Mojo, the best website for all things box office earnings, has updated their schedule for summer 2008 and included a listing of The Day the Earth Stood Still to open on May 9th, 2008 (one week after Iron Man). The original is a sci-fi classic 1951 movie about an alien and a robot that land on Earth to try and save the world from being destroyed. IMDB doesn't even have a listing for this remake, but Box Office Mojo claims it's being produced by Fox, fast-tracked for a spot in 2008′s busy summer.

Is this real? We don't know yet, but we'll put in some requests with Fox to find out. I can bet if it is real, it's going to be directed by someone who will give all sci-fi geeks quite a tingle. This movie is a very well-known classic and I don't think they'd risk screwing up a remake - like War of the Worlds, another 50′s classic, fortunately they did a pretty good job with that. Updated inside!

Update: Fox confirmed with us that this is true and the date is correct, meaning a The Day the Earth Stood Still remake is definitely underway for summer 2008!

I am the *Sciolist's* Worst Nightmare.
JaseSF
Super Space Age Freaky Geek
B-Movie Kraken

Soon, your brain will turn to jelly.

« Reply #12 on: March 15, 2007, 05:57:38 PM »

Does anyone think they'll go with an anti-war message this time around? Or will it be basically just Gort on a rampage against the world? I honestly think maybe they should take off from where the original ended with Klaatu doing what he threatened to in the first one: sending in an army of Gorts to stop people on Earth from destroying themselves. At least it would be its own animal then.

"This above all: To thine own self be true!"
Scott

Hey, I'm in the situation room ! ! !

« Reply #13 on: March 15, 2007, 09:29:28 PM »

Or Gigli

(What?  Someone had to say it.)

I heard that.  hot

CoreyHeldpen
Bad Movie Lover

I think these komodos need to leave this cruise.

« Reply #14 on: March 16, 2007, 02:03:09 AM »

Well, this could either be a half-decent film, or a rancid piece of crap. Either way, it won't be anywhere near as good as the original. Sadly, the "peice of crap" turnout is the more likely.

"The only three things I hate are demons, malfunctioning robots, and monster movies that don't show you the monster."
Pages: [1] 2
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Press Releases and Film News  |  Did anyone else hear about this? « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.