Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 04:26:14 AM
714351 Posts in 53095 Topics by 7742 Members
Latest Member: KathleneKa
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  REMAKES: What next? « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Author Topic: REMAKES: What next?  (Read 10858 times)
moravec
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #15 on: March 14, 2007, 11:44:32 AM »

I understant the SiFi channel is doing a Flash Gordon series.
 With their hit & miss ratio one never knows, what it will be like.

I am the *Sciolist's* Worst Nightmare.
Him
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #16 on: March 14, 2007, 11:55:07 AM »

I understant the SiFi channel is doing a Flash Gordon series.
 With their hit & miss ratio one never knows, what it will be like.

I hope to god they don't go the "dark and serious" route. There are already enough bad sci-fi shows like that on the air.

I would prefer something along the lines of the Filmation cartoon, but in live action.
biff_debris
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #17 on: March 15, 2007, 05:19:41 AM »

I would prefer something along the lines of the Filmation cartoon, but in live action.

They already had that on, too. It was called LEXX.

Meanwhile, heard that they're wanting Gerard Butler from 300 to play Snake Plissken in a Escape From New York remake? http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=19320
Can I get sick now?
Him
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #18 on: March 15, 2007, 03:00:28 PM »

They already had that on, too. It was called LEXX.

How is LEXX like the Filmation Flash Gordon Cartoon? If anything it was more like Farscape, but with a sense of humor.
biff_debris
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #19 on: March 15, 2007, 05:05:57 PM »

How is LEXX like the Filmation Flash Gordon Cartoon? If anything it was more like Farscape, but with a sense of humor.

Sorry, that was pretty much a joke -- I was actually a fan of LEXX. If anything it was more like Flesh Gordon...
BoyScoutKevin
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #20 on: March 15, 2007, 06:48:18 PM »

How about Citizen Kane, Casablanca or The Godfather? TeddyR

Hmm, The Last Mimzy comes to theatres soon, how about remaking that?

Sorry, Briggs. But "Casablanca" has been remade as "Armaan," "Barb Wire," and "Caboblanco." "The Godfather" has been remade as "Sarkar." Only "Citizen Kane," as far as I know, has not been remade, but it is only a matter of time.
CoreyHeldpen
Bad Movie Lover

I think these komodos need to leave this cruise.

« Reply #21 on: March 16, 2007, 02:45:55 PM »

How about remaking a film that sucked in the first place? How about the Sci-Fi Channel remakes some of their own films, albiet with a better cast and crew?

Hmmm... Nah, the world doesn't need Hammerhead: Shark Frenzy or Puppet Master Vs Demonic Toys inflicted on it again.
« Last Edit: March 18, 2007, 06:28:09 PM by CoreyHeldpen » Logged

"The only three things I hate are demons, malfunctioning robots, and monster movies that don't show you the monster."
raj

« Reply #22 on: March 16, 2007, 02:51:49 PM »

How about remaking a film that sucked in the first place? How about the Sci-Fi Channel remakes some of their own films, albiet with a better bast and crew?

Hmmm... Nah, the world doesn't need Hammerhead: Shark Frenzy or Puppet Master Vs Demonic Toys inflicted on it again.

Hmmm, the Puppet Master series probably could be better with higher production values, but part of their charm is the low budget "Come on everyone, let's put on a show" attitude that doesn't get intimidated into not making a movie simply due to a lack of funds.
Kester Pelagius
B-Movie Site Webmaster
Bad Movie Lover

Not a Time Lord!

« Reply #23 on: March 18, 2007, 11:43:23 AM »

Rumors about a Day the Earth Stood Still remake are, apparently, all too true.

As has been confirmed by another poster there's supposedly a Flash Gordon sciffy series in the works or in production, but with their track record I'm not expecting much.

Actually of all the things they could turn into a series I think Mad Max should be given a shot.  Preferrably on a cable channel like HBO or Showtime or Skinemax.  Jeremiah had promise but was unceremoniously dumped when Showtime ditched it's sci-fi programming in favor of catering exclusively to the rainbow coalition.  And while Jericho isn't bad it's not great either, but it does show there's potential for such a series.

Alas on the sci-fi front what we'll probably get is more of the same.  Enterprise redux, rebooted, re-envisioned, and probably with half a hundred more new aliens instead of exploring the show's already overfull background of extant critters.

Speaking of Critters I'm kind of surprised they haven't remade those old 80s genre movies.   There's a ton of them.  Alas a remake of Gremlins would probably use CGI.

Cosmic Cinema - SF articles and reviews.

Mise-en-scene Crypt - Rants, reviews, & more! (10% NSFW)
fortunato
Bad Movie Lover

The laziest man on mars.

« Reply #24 on: March 18, 2007, 04:37:05 PM »

I might agree with that Mad Max theory, maybe even Road Warrior, as well. Just so long as they don't remake Beyond Thunderdomem, which was, really when you think about it, totally unnecessary.

Goblins still exist. Your Grandpa Seth is telling you!

Are you nuts? You tryin' ta turn me into a homo?

You're TEARING ME APART, Lisa!

"May I remind you that I am in command here! Only an idiot would attempt such a thing. I will do it myself."
CoreyHeldpen
Bad Movie Lover

I think these komodos need to leave this cruise.

« Reply #25 on: March 18, 2007, 06:29:47 PM »

How about remaking a film that sucked in the first place? How about the Sci-Fi Channel remakes some of their own films, albiet with a better bast and crew?

Hmmm, the Puppet Master series probably could be better with higher production values, but part of their charm is the low budget "Come on everyone, let's put on a show" attitude that doesn't get intimidated into not making a movie simply due to a lack of funds.

Yep, gotta respect that attitude.

"The only three things I hate are demons, malfunctioning robots, and monster movies that don't show you the monster."
daveblackeye15

« Reply #26 on: March 18, 2007, 07:27:06 PM »

"Rumors about a Day the Earth Stood Still remake are, apparently, all too true."

Well that's just wrong on so many levels.

Now it's time to sing the nation anthem IN AMERICA!!!

Bandit Keith from Yu-Gi-Oh the Abridged Series (episode 12)
Jack
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #27 on: March 19, 2007, 08:31:45 AM »

I think a remake of The Gods Must Be Crazy is just an awful idea.  That movie had such a wonderfully quirky sense of humor, it could never be duplicated.  Except maybe by people with a lot of talent, but, yeah.  Maybe I'll win the lottery tomorrow too.

The world is changed by your example, not by your opinion.

- Paulo Coelho
KYGOTC
Corprate slimeball of E.E.S.

Be EXELLENT to each other...and PARTY ON DUDES!!

« Reply #28 on: March 19, 2007, 05:05:33 PM »

I really HATE Remakes of movies. Whats the point? Its just ruining the clasic! If the movie already exists, let it be! Dont whore it out just to make a few bucks! Sorry, It just seems that movie makers are running out of ideas. Last summer I think every movie was either a remake, a seaquel,  or a comicbook or videogame or book adaptation, NOT That those are always a bad idea, but  some originality would be refreshing. 

"I'm a man too, you know! I go pee-pee standing up!"
ulthar

I AM serious, and stop calling me Shirley

« Reply #29 on: March 19, 2007, 05:34:07 PM »

I really HATE Remakes of movies. Whats the point? Its just ruining the clasic! If the movie already exists, let it be!

Not to belabor the point, which has been made MANY times here before, but if there were NO remakes ever, we would not have Carpenter's THE THING.  There are other examples of good remakes, too.  (We had a thread a while back on films whose remakes are better than the original - do a search for that thread, there were some VERY interesting points made).

It's true that MANY remakes are cheap pieces of garbage.  But some stand on their own as powerful, well made classics in their own right.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Professor Hathaway:  I noticed you stopped stuttering.
Bodie:      I've been giving myself shock treatments.
Professor Hathaway: Up the voltage.

--Real Genius
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  REMAKES: What next? « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.