Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 20, 2024, 12:54:22 AM
714253 Posts in 53092 Topics by 7736 Members
Latest Member: ShayneGree
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Famous people/celebrities/etc. you personally know/knew or are/were related to! « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Famous people/celebrities/etc. you personally know/knew or are/were related to!  (Read 2668 times)
retrorussell
In the town of Valentine Bluffs, there are many ways to die. Take your pick.
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Hanniger! I'll be waiting in HELL for you!

« on: April 21, 2020, 11:28:56 PM »

Many of us have already mentioned some incredible celebs they're related to/knew.  And I'm jealous!

But I did know/was related to some at least sort of famous people.

Anthony Newman, NFL safety for 11 years, used to live a quarter mile or so from me and I watched him throw the football around on his street.  Talked to him a bit, though he was several years older.  I worked with his mom for a number of years.

My uncle Don was a millionaire inventor of a heart valve and has a wing on the San Diego St. campus named after him (Donald P. Shiley Bioscience Center).  Stayed at his house in San Diego when I was a kid, swam in his pool and watched roadrunners amble about.  Went to the San Diego Zoo with his kids.

I do not know for certain how I'm related to All-Star MLB player Richie Ashburn but I am; probably cousin of my late grandpa or something.

I could probably think of more but that's it for now. 

Name your famous friends/relatives!

"O the legend they say, on a Valentine's Day, is a curse that'll live on and on.."
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2020, 11:43:18 PM »

I was in rehab with Verne (Mini Me) Troyer.

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
claws
« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2020, 09:03:46 AM »

I've met Lou Ferrigno in Italy
I've talked with Lynn Lowry (The Crazies)
I've chatted online with director Patrick Read Johnson (Angus) who was promoting When Good Ghouls Go Bad (2001) on ain't-it-cool.com
I've never met her personally but German actress Bea Fiedler

gave me a signed autograph through my sister who knew her from shopping at her store. Her story is kinda sad though. Bea was a busy euro-actress in the late 1970s and early 1980s, and owned a restaurant in Ibiza. In 1987 she claimed Prince Albert of Monaco was the father of her son. She believes the DNA sample of Albert that was send in for testing was tampered with (he wasn't the father). After this scandalous accusation she lost her business in Ibiza, and all her celebrity friends turned their backs on her. In the 1990s she had to work as a waitress to make ends meet, which made local headline news. In the 2000s she made minor headlines because of health issues.
She was living in a one room apartment with rent paid by the social welfare office. Bea was a regular customer at a store my sister works at. A few years ago she was caught stealing groceries resulting in ban on entering the store.

My sister and me noticed Captain Hollywood at a video rental store in 1993 or 1994

Error 404 (Not Found)!!1 Small | Large

Captain Hollywood was a former American soldier stationed in Germany. After duty he decided to stay in Germany and formed a breakdance group. He also had a dance class / dance choreography studio, which led him to become a singer. His biggest hit was More and More that went to #17 in the US Billboard charts in 1992.
My sister and me didn't care about Captain Hollywood, but that didn't stop him from introducing himself to everyone at the video store. We had a good laugh afterwards because he gave my sister a wink with the eye. The whole situation was just "rofl".
« Last Edit: April 22, 2020, 12:59:21 PM by claws » Logged
Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2020, 09:55:00 AM »

I've met Lemmy before a few gigs, Sam Jones at a con and quite a lot of musicians from the Metal world of the 90's thanks to my work as a roadie including the original line-up of Queensryche, Cannibal Corpse, The Wildhearts, The Almighty, Sepultura and a few others.

But do you understand That none of this will matter Nothing can take your pain away
VenomX73

« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2020, 11:01:09 AM »

I've met Iron Sheik Nikolai volkoff got autographs
Taz from ECW he let me hold the FTW belt for a photo.

I talked to Kyle Reese (Michael Biehn) at monster Con

I also said hello to Spider (Miguel Nunez) at Monster Con.
The Return of the Living Dead (1985)

and also got a thumbs up from George the animal steele at MonsterCon

also met beetlejuice and his bodyguard from howard stern.. at a store lol
« Last Edit: April 22, 2020, 11:04:40 AM by VenomX73 » Logged

Gilligan's island, Goonies and Godzilla information booth here!
bob
I survived Bucky Larson

Torgo watches you masterbate!

« Reply #5 on: April 22, 2020, 02:43:17 PM »

Bordering on famous people, but career minor league baseball player Vinny Rottino.

He and I attended the same high school. He was friendly and nice. Raal down to earth.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vinny_Rottino

I also met and got autographs from Brett Favre, Mike Holmgren, John Cena, The Iron Sheik and Roddy Piper.
« Last Edit: April 22, 2020, 02:47:34 PM by bob » Logged

Kubrick, Nolan, Tarantino, Wan, Iñárritu, Scorsese, Chaplin, Abrams, Wes Anderson, Gilliam, Kurosawa - the elite

I believe in the international communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids.
chefzombie
zombie chef to the stars

« Reply #6 on: April 26, 2020, 06:24:47 PM »

i was fortunate enough to become friends with b.b.king and loretta lynn, got to hug and cook for zz top, and worked with barry sanders. my sister went to college with brett favre,she tutored him in math, lol! i met many other celebs, like the folks in insane clown posse, the original members of stomp, the original cast of wicked, but best of all was the russian ballet, they ROCKED! 

don't EVEN...EVER!
Allhallowsday
B-Movie Kraken

Either he's dead or my watch has stopped!

« Reply #7 on: April 26, 2020, 10:37:46 PM »

There is strong evidence that a relative of mine executed a very famous person about 370 years ago.   Thumbup TeddyR

If you want to view paradise . . . simply look around and view it!
lester1/2jr
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #8 on: April 27, 2020, 12:42:33 AM »

My great grandfather was the bond editor at the Wall Street Journal.
zombie no.one

Oookaay...

« Reply #9 on: April 28, 2020, 01:45:21 AM »

Dave Prowse (Darth Vader in STAR WARS) used to come to our school in his guise as 'The Green Cross Code Man' and teach us road safety. - this was around the same time as he was appearing in the early SW films...strangest case of moonlighting ever?

The Mandela Effect is a Mandela Effect
ER
B-Movie Kraken

The sleep of reasoner breeds monsters. (sic)

« Reply #10 on: April 28, 2020, 11:51:54 AM »

My grandma says I'm related to Eve and Adam.

What does not kill me makes me stranger.
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #11 on: April 28, 2020, 12:05:52 PM »

I was in the same bar as Billy Idol when he bought drinks for the house! On Long Island!  Drink

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #12 on: April 28, 2020, 12:09:41 PM »

I met Mattie Simmons, the editor of Heavy Metal comic mag- and almost got a job! Back in 1984!
Except I hated NYC so much I jumped a train and came back to Lawton.  Lookingup

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
Gabriel Knight
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #13 on: April 29, 2020, 10:22:42 AM »

I once shared a short talk with Luca Turilli, my favorite musician, during a VIP meet in one of his concerts. We both suck at english so it was quite hilarious. Such a humble and simple man, he's awesome.

Check my crappy and unpopular reviews and ratings:

https://www.imdb.com/user/ur85652268/?ref_=nv_usr_prof_2
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Famous people/celebrities/etc. you personally know/knew or are/were related to! « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.