Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 06:36:21 AM
713393 Posts in 53059 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  What Was That Film?  |  Solved  |  Money On Trees « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Money On Trees  (Read 5986 times)
sirpsychosexy
New Visitor

« on: March 15, 2007, 07:03:41 PM »

Ok, dont know if this is an old Twilight Zone or maybe even Outer Limits episode but it's been driving me crazy. It may even be an older movie - who knows (well, maybe you do!)

It's Black & White (50', 60's) and it's about an older couple that has a tree in their yard that grows dollar bills instead of leaves. they deposit the money in the bank but when they go to withdraw some money later in the week, the cash has turned brown and crinkly like a leaf would.....

anybody.....? Lookingup
T-Rex Television
Dedicated Viewer

I Am The Walrus!!

« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2007, 11:23:45 PM »

Gah, well, I tryed to find the episode of a show you were looking for, and i searched nearly every single episode of Twilight Zone reading each of their descriptions, and none seem to match what you described. I have never seen it as a T.Z. episode myself either, although it sounds like something they would do. It could be an outer limits one like you said, but i have never really watched that show. I scanned through all the titles to most their episodes, but didnt see anything that might suggest a storyline like you said (not that the title would provide exactly the right words to fit the storyline). But I looked online for about, say half-an-hour (give or take a few) searching for that episode of whatever TV show it is, but I have had no luck. I really wish I knew it, it's even driving me crazy not knowing it! It sounds like an interesting episode anyways. But alas, i won't give up, if I find out what it is  I will post it here (that is, unless someone else finds out first).

"Be still my dog of war, I understand your pain. We have all lost someone we love..."

sirpsychosexy
New Visitor

« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2007, 11:46:28 AM »

thanks for the effort. it's been driving me crazy. i'm assuming it was an episode of TZ or OL but it may have been a movie too. i came home late one night a few years ago and it was on TV (wish i remebered the channel - TCM, AMC, SF, TNT could of been any of them)
Andrew
Administrator
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

I know where my towel is.

« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2007, 03:46:01 PM »

Funky, I just read the entry for this one the other night in my copy of "The Psychotronic Video Guide."

This is probably "It Grows on Trees" (1952):

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0044758/

Andrew Borntreger
Badmovies.org
JaseSF
Super Space Age Freaky Geek
B-Movie Kraken

Soon, your brain will turn to jelly.

« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2007, 05:50:14 PM »

Pretty sure Dave Sindelar has reviewed a movie or two similar to this in his Movie of the day postings at Scifilm. I know it's not an Outer Limits or Twilight Zone.

"This above all: To thine own self be true!"
JaseSF
Super Space Age Freaky Geek
B-Movie Kraken

Soon, your brain will turn to jelly.

« Reply #5 on: March 18, 2007, 12:18:31 PM »

Here's a link to Dave's article on It Grows On Trees. Sounds like it's definitely the film in question. http://www.scifilm.org/talk/index.php?topic=602.0

"This above all: To thine own self be true!"
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  What Was That Film?  |  Solved  |  Money On Trees « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.