Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 12:49:55 PM
713351 Posts in 53056 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  What Was That Film?  |  Solved  |  Pianist with severed hands becomes robot hand synth virtuoso « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Pianist with severed hands becomes robot hand synth virtuoso  (Read 7283 times)
hunkadoodledoo
New Visitor

« on: March 16, 2007, 11:31:12 AM »

Okay, I saw this movie in Mexico in 1995 or 1997, I don't remember which.  I seem to recall it having English audio with Spanish subtitles.  The plot went something like this:

A pianist playing at a bar flirts with the wrong girl.  When he leaves, the girl's boyfriend and crew follow him and run him off the side of the road at a construction site.  They end up dropping an auger on his hands and cut them off.  Fast forward to him being all sad that his livelihood has been destroyed when he meets a guy who does robotics for movie magic or whatever.  He sees that the guy has a robot hand in his work truck and together they come up with an idea.  They build a suit (probably with one of those eighties movies montage sequences) for him to wear that includes the robot hands.  This all culminates to him coming out on stage at a nightclub with smoke and lasers (he looks something like Cyrax or Sektor from Mortal Kombat 3) into a ring of synth keyboards and his robot hands do all the work.  Everyone cheers!

Not that this was the best movie ever, but I would like to see it again for nostalgia...and to make fun of it.  Thanks for your help!

p.s.  Yay, first post!
Misfitspunik
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2007, 11:30:06 AM »

Could it be this?
Vibrations (PG-13)
Small-town would-be rocker T.J. (James Marshall) loses his hands in a car accident cooked up by some thugs (don't ask). Distraught that he has stumps where his hands used to be, and that their limp prosthetic replacements (don't ask) are of no use, he makes off to New York, where he meets up with a new-agey dance club worker named Anamika (Christina Applegate). With her love and a pair of robotic hands fashioned by some of Anamika's friends (don't ask), techno-playing T.J. becomes a rave club superstar as a robot (don't ask) named Cyberstorm. No, this plotline is no joke. The only joke is the one on writer-director Michael Paseornek, who obviously was going for some serious drama with this 1995 effort--and instead came up with one of the most unintentionally hilarious films ever made. I mean, how can you not laugh when T.J. stops a stove fire in a diner by laying his latex hands on top of it, or at T.J. and Anamika's love scene, which tries to be tender and romantic in spite of a most untender and unromantic distraction--T.J.'s bulky metal hands? (Dimension Home Video)

I think this the movie that Futurama based the episode where Fry get the devils robot hands.
Andrew
Administrator
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

I know where my towel is.

« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2007, 06:34:00 PM »

Wow, that pretty much has to be it.  And Christina Applegate is in it?

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0114845/

Andrew Borntreger
Badmovies.org
hunkadoodledoo
New Visitor

« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2007, 12:54:06 AM »

Misfitspunik, you rock my socks off!  I HAVE to see this again!  I will laugh extra hard all thanks to you!
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  What Was That Film?  |  Solved  |  Pianist with severed hands becomes robot hand synth virtuoso « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.