Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 06:15:37 PM
713370 Posts in 53058 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Five Worst Movies You've Ever Had The Misfortune Of Watching « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
Author Topic: Five Worst Movies You've Ever Had The Misfortune Of Watching  (Read 22697 times)
felgekarp
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #15 on: March 19, 2007, 06:39:08 AM »

Scary Movie - I didn't find this at all funny I'm afraid.
Freddy's Dead: The Final Nightmare - This I did find funny, but for all the wrong reasons.
How To Get Ahead In Advertising - The only film I've ever fast forwarded to the end.
Eat the Rich - I never really got into any of The Comic Strip Presents stuff.

Do you know I really can't think of another one.
Trevor
Uncle Zombie and Eminent Shitologist
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #16 on: March 19, 2007, 07:11:45 AM »

In South African terms:

5: A Dry White Season Hatred
4: A World Apart  Hatred
3: Bopha (what was Morgan Freeman thinking?)  Hatred
2: Country of My Skull / In My Country  Hatred
1: (Tie) Cry Freedomand Lethal Weapon 2 (I sort of liked these in their own crummy way)

Dishonourable mention:

Irreversible (I nearly threw up all over my brand new TV) Buggedout

I know I can make it on my own if I try, but I'm searching for the Great Heart
To stand me by, underneath the African sky
A Great Heart to stand me by.
Joe
Bad Movie Lover

What are you afraid of? It's only rock n' roll.

« Reply #17 on: March 19, 2007, 07:16:33 AM »

1.The Jar
2.The Hitcher(remake)
3.BoogeyMan(remake)
4.Silent Hill
5.Silent Night Deadly Night Part 2

Jack
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #18 on: March 19, 2007, 08:08:52 AM »

5)  Anacondas:  Hunt for the Blood Orchid - the characters and plot were so cliched and banal that watching it was like enduring the Chinese water torture.
4)  Carnage:  The Legend of Quiltface - Definitely the cheapest, most ineffective, poorly acted, most dull piece of crap I've ever seen.
3)  Broken Skull - bottom of the barrel production values and characters that come and go in a never ending parade of "What the hell's going on?".
2)  Stick It - So annoying that it was a test of endurance to make it to the end even though I fast forwarded through nearly the entire thing.
1)  Death Tunnel - An entire movie edited like an MTV video, with barely a scene longer than a few seconds.  Acting was awful, the plot I've seen numerous times before but never done this poorly.  Utterly Wretched.

The world is changed by your example, not by your opinion.

- Paulo Coelho
The Burgomaster
Aggravating People Worldwide Since 1964
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #19 on: March 19, 2007, 08:41:28 AM »

I could probably write this list tomorrow and come up with 5 completely different movies, but here are a few that come to mind (in order, with #1 being the worst of the worst):

1.  DUNE - I saw this during its original theatrical run and it seemed like it would never end.  Painful.

2.  WIRED - The story of John Belushi based on the best selling book.  I rented it years ago when it came out on VHS.  I actually got a headache watching it.

3.  THE SICILIAN - Christopher Lambert as a Sicilian?  PLEASE.  Another movie that I saw during its original theatrical release and I couldn't WAIT for the end credits to start rolling.

4.  ROCKY IV - Dolph Lundgren, Brigitte Nielsen, and a talking robot.  Need I say more?

5.  JAWS 3-D - Smelled worse than rotten seafood.

"Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me either. Just pretty much leave me the hell alone."
JaseSF
Super Space Age Freaky Geek
B-Movie Kraken

Soon, your brain will turn to jelly.

« Reply #20 on: March 19, 2007, 10:24:19 AM »

Hmm I'm surprised by some of these as I recall enjoying some of them. No they may not have been particularly good overall but I still felt Howard the Duck, Rocky IV, Jaws 3-D and Dune (I own those last three on DVD) all had their moments.

"This above all: To thine own self be true!"
ghouck

Afro-Mullets RULE!

« Reply #21 on: March 19, 2007, 02:32:22 PM »

5. Golden Child
4. Moonstruck, ,, saw it in a theater,, not sure why. .
3. Coming to America
2. Twister

1. Chariots of Fire. . .Worst movie ever made IMO, , My father took myself, my sister, his then G/F and her son to see it, , ,the G/Fs daughter wasn't allowed to go , , SHE was being punished. . . I remember this movie being so bad I couldn't even fall asleep in the theater. Pretty bad when a movie sucks so bad the sound of it sucking keeps you awake. .

I'm sure there are more that would fit into the 2-5 range, , but I seem to be blocking them out. . .

Raw bacon is GREAT! It's like regular bacon, only faster, and it doesn't burn the roof of your mouth!

Happiness is green text in the "Stuff To Watch For" section.

James James: The man so nice, they named him twice.

"Aw man, this thong is chafing my balls" -Lloyd Kaufman in Poultrygeist.

"There's always time for lubricant" -Orlando Jones in Evolution
quabrot
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #22 on: March 19, 2007, 03:42:56 PM »

I'm seeing alot of movies that I have enjoyed on these lists.  But the only one that I can really disagree with is Coming to America.  Coming to America was Eddie Murphy's last great comedy, before it all went the way of Pluto Nash and Norbit.
KYGOTC
Corprate slimeball of E.E.S.

Be EXELLENT to each other...and PARTY ON DUDES!!

« Reply #23 on: March 19, 2007, 04:57:04 PM »

IN NO PARTICULAR ORDER.

bad b-movies
*Star Odyossey (I liked the robot boxing scene. Thats its only redeeming quality)

*Popeye: The Movie (why robin williams, WHY?!)

*The Skydivers (This one wasnt even good with the MST3K commentary)

*Manos Hand of Fate

*The Stuff

Bad a-movies
*Batman and Robin (.......oh, God, why? ........Why?)

*Pocohantis (the disney movie)

*My Big fat greek wedding

*ALL of the Saw movies

*The Ring 

"I'm a man too, you know! I go pee-pee standing up!"
KYGOTC

« Reply #24 on: March 19, 2007, 05:40:18 PM »

What would you honestly say the five absolute worst films you've ever had the displeasure of watching from beginning to end are?

4- Date Movie (What is this crap? No, really, what IS this CRAP?)
3- Spy Kids (And how did this get two sequels?)
2- Snakes On A Train (The Asylum is destroying itself with dull, cruddy rip-offs.)

I also cant stand Date Movie. All of the movies that those guys have made suck. Not another teen movie, Epic movie, And all the scary movies blew, but i havent seen scary movie 3.

As for spy kids, I liked the first one, but its sequels sorked. As did Sharkboy And Lavagirl.

And does snakes on a train have any relation to Snakes on a  plane? Sound s interesting.

RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« Reply #25 on: March 19, 2007, 06:11:47 PM »

Worst A-Movies? Hmmm...I dunno about worst,but these come to mind..
1.KING KONG (1976) Whatta overhyped piece of crap! I wanted to spit at the screen!Even at the age of 14,I recognized its sh!ttiness!
2. the ROCKY HORROR PICTURE SHOW-I'm sorry...this is a personal worst list for me.Iv'e had to sit through this stoopid movie I-don't-know-how -many-times, to the point of pukeavomitousis!
3.GODZILLA-the AMERICAN version...blashphemous!!!!
4.ARMAGEDDON-I dunno why...it just irratated the hell outta me that the studio had the nerve to pass this garbage off as a serious movie!5.ME,MYSELF and IRENE-I rented this for me and the kids to watch on a Sunday after dinner...jeez! Not funny...just a crappy,long,dirty joke...
 Im' sure I can think of more big budget crap,but these came to mind first...

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
KYGOTC

« Reply #26 on: March 19, 2007, 06:17:34 PM »

Worst A-Movies? Hmmm...I dunno about worst,but these come to mind..

2. the ROCKY HORROR PICTURE SHOW-I'm sorry...this is a personal worst list for me.Iv'e had to sit through this stoopid movie I-don't-know-how -many-times,
Is the ro ho pic sho overall concidered an A or a Bmovie? Ive seen it go both ways, and Im not sure what i would name it to be.

SaintMort
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #27 on: March 20, 2007, 11:39:41 AM »

I also cant stand Date Movie. All of the movies that those guys have made suck. Not another teen movie, Epic movie, And all the scary movies blew, but i havent seen scary movie 3.

And does snakes on a train have any relation to Snakes on a  plane? Sound s interesting.

Scary Movie 3 I enjoyed alot... I think it was because it was done by the people who did Naked Gun and the Kentucky Fried Movie and actually I quite enjoyed Not Another Teen movie. Snakes on a Train is a cash-in direct to video film released the same week Snakes on a plane was released in theaters.

as for my top 5 worst:
5. Blair Witch Project - I think of all the over-rated films in horror history this one takes the cake
4. Jaws of Death - An awful Jaws cash-in about a guy with a telepathic connection to his sharks... the box was about a thousand times more interesting than the movie
3. Hulk - Worst Comic Book Movie Ever
2. Garbage Pail Kids the Movie - So painful to sit through
1. Wolf Creek - The most upsetting film I've ever seen in the theater
raj

« Reply #28 on: March 20, 2007, 12:47:03 PM »

Is the ro ho pic sho overall concidered an A or a Bmovie? Ive seen it go both ways, and Im not sure what i would name it to be.

I put it as a B.

My worst:
Dune -- incomprehensible mess of an incomprehensible book.
Air America -- ugh.
War of the Roses -- alleged black comedy that lacked comedy.
Prospero's Book -- has a naked John Geilgud in it -- the old version -- shudder.

Oh, I forgot:  Reign of Fire.  Um, youv'e been fighting dragons worldwide for a century, and there's still a military helicopter able to fly -- with special fuel -- and it can cross the Atlantic.  Now, I don't mind suspending disbelief, but do not abuse that privilege.
« Last Edit: March 20, 2007, 01:48:24 PM by raj » Logged
peter johnson

« Reply #29 on: March 23, 2007, 12:48:08 AM »

Oh, Ha Ha Ha!!
Ain't Opinion fun??
     Personally, I found "Chariots of Fire" to be a grim study of human Ambition for Its Own Sake/a meditation on pursuit of Goal above all else.  The scene where the coach collapses and cries, though you know that's all against his entire raison d'erte, I found quite touching.
     But, yes, in all, minor and overrated film -- though I can turn on the TV right now and see any number of things worse than that!!
     "War of The Roses"-- Yes!! Never got the joke -- hated it from beginning to end!  A celebration of ugliness & without any comic relief -- Everyone dies at the end.  How funny . . .
     "Dune" I look upon as a failed masterpiece, sort of like Eric Von Stroheim's "Greed" -- In the first place, the book is quite fully realized -- Herbert's understanding of Mideastern Desert/Islamic cultures was decades ahead of its time in the West, and should be respected, I think.  Lynch had no real feeling for Science Fiction, but did his best to recreate the Spiritual aspects of the novel.  I would hope that this film would get a better reception 20 years from how -- Lynch is a man who works in lace when the script would sometimes demand concrete.  I cannot simply p**s on this film and wish it away . . .
Also, "Reign of Fire" had that great scene wherein the kids were being told the "Star Wars" story as if it were real myth, and you had those great scenes of dragons crawling like dismembered sea-creatures up to the Castle walls -- Well, never mind the logic, I still love the images.
You think "Reign of Fire" was worse than "Reptilicus"?
peter dragon/denny FXS

I have no idea what this means.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Five Worst Movies You've Ever Had The Misfortune Of Watching « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.