Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 01:46:07 PM
713352 Posts in 53057 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Five Worst Movies You've Ever Had The Misfortune Of Watching « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]
Author Topic: Five Worst Movies You've Ever Had The Misfortune Of Watching  (Read 22693 times)
Kester Pelagius
B-Movie Site Webmaster
Bad Movie Lover

Not a Time Lord!

« Reply #45 on: March 27, 2007, 07:34:34 PM »

IN NO PARTICULAR ORDER.

bad b-movies
*Star Odyossey (I liked the robot boxing scene. Thats its only redeeming quality)

To be fair it you've seen it on DVD then you haven't really seen it.  As I point out in my review, which you can read here, it appears to be a very bad re-edit hack job.  Alas it's so hard to tell what the deal is with these old Alfonso Brescia titles (there's just no solid information on them) that I can't even begin to tell you for sure how the movie is supposed to play out.

Then again it's not like the other movies in the series were any better.  Though I suppose we could blame that on the dubbing.  ;)

Cosmic Cinema - SF articles and reviews.

Mise-en-scene Crypt - Rants, reviews, & more! (10% NSFW)
KYGOTC
Corprate slimeball of E.E.S.
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Be EXELLENT to each other...and PARTY ON DUDES!!

« Reply #46 on: March 27, 2007, 11:30:11 PM »

IN NO PARTICULAR ORDER.

bad b-movies
*Star Odyossey (I liked the robot boxing scene. Thats its only redeeming quality)

To be fair it you've seen it on DVD then you haven't really seen it.  As I point out in my review, which you can read here, it appears to be a very bad re-edit hack job.  Alas it's so hard to tell what the deal is with these old Alfonso Brescia titles (there's just no solid information on them) that I can't even begin to tell you for sure how the movie is supposed to play out.

Then again it's not like the other movies in the series were any better.  Though I suppose we could blame that on the dubbing.  ;)

why would they edit out stuff  for the dvd?

"I'm a man too, you know! I go pee-pee standing up!"
ghouck

Afro-Mullets RULE!

« Reply #47 on: March 29, 2007, 02:30:33 PM »

I liked War of teh Roses, , the first time I saw it, , it's definately not a re-watcher. I can't find any amusement in "Coming to America", , it just plays out so predictably, , and not well IMO. The Matrix: That's one of my favorite movies, the entire trilogy even.
I think the only reason I liked "War of the Roses" is because it made me think of "Ruthless People". .

Raw bacon is GREAT! It's like regular bacon, only faster, and it doesn't burn the roof of your mouth!

Happiness is green text in the "Stuff To Watch For" section.

James James: The man so nice, they named him twice.

"Aw man, this thong is chafing my balls" -Lloyd Kaufman in Poultrygeist.

"There's always time for lubricant" -Orlando Jones in Evolution
Kester Pelagius
B-Movie Site Webmaster
Bad Movie Lover

Not a Time Lord!

« Reply #48 on: March 30, 2007, 11:05:08 AM »

why would they edit out stuff  for the dvd?

As I state above it appears to be a very bad re-edit/ hack job.  In short the DVD is unlicensed, meaning it's"PD wink wink, nudge nudge", so the source used was likely pretty shady to begin with.   I go into detail about it in this review where I compare the Brentwood and PC Treasures versions.

Cosmic Cinema - SF articles and reviews.

Mise-en-scene Crypt - Rants, reviews, & more! (10% NSFW)
Neville

« Reply #49 on: March 30, 2007, 04:46:57 PM »

I usually forget awful movies within the week, but I can list the last two I've seen:

- The Holiday --> Holy s**t! This one was painful to watch. Unfunny, overlong, badly acted (Cameron diaz's most irritating role so far, but even Jude Law sucks here) and pretentious. f**k Nancy Meyers.

- Moscow Zero --> OK, a film about archeologists that investigate in the spooky underground of Moscow. Plus the leads are Vincent Gallo and Val Kilmer. What's the problem? That it sucks! It's only 80 minutes, but it's 80 minutes of people walking in the dark, intercut with flashes of light and a small girl in white. No atmosphere, no f**king plot! Nothing! Worst movie ever, period.

Due to the horrifying nature of this film, no one will be admitted to the theatre.
hansey
« Reply #50 on: April 04, 2007, 01:03:52 PM »

1)  Dune....took me a week to finish I kept falling asleep threw it.   Why did I subject myself to that? 
2) Titanic....So much fluff I found it hard to breathe.  I was cheering at the end when Leo drowned, it p**sed my wife off (gf at the time)  but felt so good!
3)  Pay it Forward...actually anything starring Helen Hunt is an instant pile of junk.  uugghhh her face makes me wanna go gouge my eyes out.
4)  Godzilla (US remake)....what the hell did they do to you Godzilla?  They made u into a wussy!  ohh the humanity!
5) All the Harry Potter movies...yet i keep going to watch them...i must be a masaochist.

cuse me, thinking about these is making me sick!
ps:  bad guy at the end of Howard the Duck rules!
venomx
« Reply #51 on: April 04, 2007, 02:00:45 PM »

Yeah I did feel the same way about the US Godzilla ... what a joke ... now did you know in a movie title Godzilla Final Wars the US Godzilla and the Godzilla from Japan we all love fights the US version. I know I was in shock too. its a good movie its got all the old Monsters from tohos past even at one part of the film you can see the rare Smog monster in the background ... yeah every monter but MechaGodzilla and the good robot Jet Jaguar but thats another story, (I think) if anyone here likes to watch Godzilla films watch it ... its good and also I think its the last movie gona be made about Godzilla ... Theres more info about that film at a site I found ... and a mini clip ...
http://www.kensforce.com/Godzilla_Final_Wars_2004.html

« Last Edit: April 04, 2007, 02:05:08 PM by venomx » Logged
KYGOTC

« Reply #52 on: April 04, 2007, 02:12:08 PM »

its good and also I think its the last movie gona be made about Godzilla ... Theres more info about that film at a site I found ... and a mini clip ...
http://www.kensforce.com/Godzilla_Final_Wars_2004.html

I doubt that they'll stop making Godzilla movies. As long as Godzilla has a big fanbase, Japan'll keep making them.

And if they stopped makeing them, id be very very sad. Bluesad

But i dont think any of the new stuff will be as good as the old 60s and 70s films, but maybe they will be. Who knowz?
« Last Edit: April 06, 2007, 12:08:11 PM by KYGOTC » Logged

MoronBoy
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #53 on: April 29, 2007, 10:29:36 PM »

Date Movie: To make this worse, I had to sit and watch it with 2 people who thought it was freaking hilarious. They said I didn't like it because I had bad taste in movies. Question

Straight to Hell: From the director of Repo Man, come a movie that makes no stinking sense whatsoever. I had high hopes for this one when I say it for sale on DVD.

Garbage Pail Kids: Had to watch it twice just to confirm it was as awful as I thought it was initially.

Police Academy: Mission to Moscow: Loved the first movie, the rest had good moments(part 6 was pretty lame though). I seen this the first time when I was 12(and would laugh at almost anything), and felt maybe I should have spent the time working on that book report that was due in two weeks I hadn't even started on.

Scary Movie 2: Let's reuse all the jokes that people laughed at in the first one. No one will ever notice.

Someone mentioned City of Rott, which while I haven't see, but a friend watched and said, "It was the only movie I've ever wanted to UNwatch."
KYGOTC

« Reply #54 on: April 29, 2007, 10:57:58 PM »

Moronboy, Screeching weesels are super rad. Thumbup

Allhallowsday
B-Movie Kraken

Either he's dead or my watch has stopped!

« Reply #55 on: April 30, 2007, 12:02:17 AM »

I don't know if these are the Worst, or even if they're BAD movies, but they weren't good for me and in no particular order:

CANNIBAL FEROX: stupid and gross
WHEN A STRANGER CALLS: the original over-rated "classic." You know you're old when you saw a "classic" new in the theatre and couldn't even crack up about it because it was so boring. 
LAST HOUSE ON THE LEFT: an important film, and I despise it. 
Q:  p. u.
MOM AND DAD SAVE THE WORLD: despite Dwier Brown in a cave-boy outfit and cute and savage (and edible) sewer dwelling creatures, this was so very silly and tedious. 

Poor HOWARD THE DUCK is just reviled, but I don't think that's at all fair.  Critics have been taking pot shots at it since the night it opened.  I saw it in the theatre, and it certainly had been terribly over-hyped, but what did anyone expect from a movie called HOWARD THE DUCK?  I haven't seen it since it was new, but I remember being mildly amused by it.  I also liked EQUINOX (as cheap as they get.) I think BOOGIE NIGHTS and NATURAL BORN KILLERS are great films, but can see where they might be too painful.   

I like SssssssssS , idk why i just do. they should re-make that, i bet it could be good if handled properly.
  I like SSSSSSS too, sssilly ass it iss! 

If you want to view paradise . . . simply look around and view it!
Just Plain Horse
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #56 on: April 30, 2007, 12:49:05 PM »

I doubt that they'll stop making Godzilla movies. As long as Godzilla has a big fanbase, Japan'll keep making them.

And if they stopped makeing them, id be very very sad. Bluesad

But i dont think any of the new stuff will be as good as the old 60s and 70s films, but maybe they will be. Who knowz?
[/quote]

No, they will not stop making them- I've already heard that someone is working on a Godzilla IMAX movie somewhere.

I personally feel the bulk of the "classic" Godzilla movies were a mixed blessing- some of the actors did a better job creating original human characters, but the monsters generally looked very poor. Some films- like King Kong vs. Godzilla or Godzilla vs. Monster Zero- seem like they could've only come about at a certain time and could never be redone successfully (even if the results weren't flawless). Others- like the basic stories behind the Mechagodzilla movies and the "Destroy all Monsters" movies seem to be steadily improving. In my opinion, Godzilla vs. Megalon was pretty awful, and Son of Godzilla and Godzilla's Revenge could've been rolled into one movie. With maybe the exception to the original and possibly Godzilla vs. Mothra, I don't think there aren't many G movies that couldn't be redone and come out looking better for it, provided they don't have such a heavy-handed feel to them that many before GMK and Final Wars did.
Hunky Magoo
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #57 on: May 01, 2007, 05:46:36 AM »

Scary Movie 4
Halloween 5
Uncle Sam
The Harry Potter Movies
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles III

Oh listen Tender Lumplings let me take you by the hands.
I'll take you from this hell-hole to the Promised Land.
But don't blame me, oh children, if those promises don't keep.
'Cause promises like lives, can be bought so very cheap.
batty007
New Visitor

« Reply #58 on: May 01, 2007, 06:46:56 AM »

If by "worst", you mean "Best", this list becomes easy. But in the spirit of those who have posted before me, I will list 5 films which have annoyed me.

Field of Dreams- Kevin Costner always leaves me cold, but this schlocky weeper left me numb.
Mission To Mars- With Tim Robbins in it, it can't be half bad, right? WRONG!
The Fountain- For those who thought "Dune" was senseless gobbledy gook, you have the definition of it right here.
Grindhouse- There are 2 movies in this. The first is tremendous, with Robert Rodriguiez' Planet Terror. Now you've been waiting for Quentin to blow you out of your seat with "Death Proof". It never happens. The carachters talk and talk and talk, the dialogue is NOT fun, and theres some fol- de- rol at the end that doesn't come close to negating the incredible dissapointment.
Million Dollar Baby- I payed good money to see women beating the crap out of each other...and what the hell is this? A Poop Sandwich, that's what it is.
BoyScoutKevin

« Reply #59 on: May 01, 2007, 07:01:44 PM »

I really don't like to use the word "worst," as I am sure I have seen "worst" movies then the ones I list here. What I like to use is "Five Most Unenjoyable Movies You"ve Ever Had the Misfortune of Watching."

And they include only movies that I have seen in the theater. And movies I have sat all the way through, which would exclude "Some Kind of Nut," as I walked out on that one. And there are actually only four movies that I have rated lower than a C- with B being the grade for an average movie.

D+
"Death of a Gunfighter"

D
"Horror House"

D-
I did walk out on this one, but I had seen it before, and I knew it wasn't going to get any better.
"Beyond Atlantis"

F
I know this one has its fans, but for me, after the saucy, French comic, it was a real letdown.
"Barbarella"
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Five Worst Movies You've Ever Had The Misfortune Of Watching « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.