Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 11:27:12 AM
713349 Posts in 53056 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Good Movies  |  Favorite Comedian(s) ? « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 4
Author Topic: Favorite Comedian(s) ?  (Read 22597 times)
Scott
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Hey, I'm in the situation room ! ! !

« on: March 18, 2007, 10:00:12 PM »

Which are your favorite comedieans of all time? A small list below to help you out?

Gracie Allen
Steve Allen
Tim Allen
Woody Allen
Louie Anderson
Fatty Arbuckle
Tom Arnold 
Dan Aykroyd
Lucille Ball
Jim Belushi
George Burns
Red Buttons
Sid Caesar
John Candy
Drew Carey
George Carlin
Art Carney
Jim Carrey
Carrot Top
Johnny Carson
Charlie Chaplin
Chevy Chase
Margaret Cho
Andrew "Dice" Clay
Sacha Baron Cohen
Tim Conway
Bill Cosby
Lou Costello
Billy Crystal
Jane Curtin
Rodney Dangerfield
Jimmy Durante
Chris Farley
Marty Feldman
W.C. Fields
Jeff Foxworthy
Gallagher
Jackie Gleason
Gilbert Gottfried
David Alan Grier
Buddy Hackett
Phil Hartman
Andy Kaufman
Danny Kaye
Buster Keaton
Larry the Cable Guy
Jay Leno
David Letterman
Jerry Lewis
Rich Little
Paul Lynde
Steve Martin
Groucho Marx
Carlos Mencia
Dennis Miller
Rick Moranis
Garrett Morris
Eddie Murphy
Bill Murray
Mike Myers
Bob Newhart
Laraine Newman
Leslie Nielsen
Paula Poundstone
Freddie Prinze
Richard Pryor
Gilda Radner
Michael Richards
Don Rickles
Joan Rivers
Chris Rock
Paul Rodriguez
Jerry Seinfeld
Peter Sellers
Garry Shandling
Molly Shannon
Pauly Shore
Martin Short
Phil Silvers 
Sinbad
Red Skelton
David Spade
Judy Tenuta
Lily Tomlin
Tracey Ullman
Unknown Comic
Damon Wayans
Keenan Ivory Wayans
Gene Wilder
Robin Williams
Jonathan Winters
Al Yankovic
Henny Youngman
Abbott and Costello
Amos & Andy
Cheech and Chong
Laurel and Hardy
The Marx Brothers
Monty Python
Not Ready for Prime-Time Players (Saturday Night Live)
The Three Stooges
Rowan and Martin
Smothers Brothers
Woody Allen
« Last Edit: March 18, 2007, 10:08:17 PM by Scott » Logged

CheezeFlixz

Pathetic Earthlings

« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2007, 12:15:43 AM »

Groucho Marx - quick and witty. A sarcastic smart ass such as myself. Hell even my dog is named Groucho.

Modern day stand-up - Lewis Black ... again I identify with his about to snap I've had enough rants.

Teams - Hmm Martin and Lewis, Abbot and Costello though I admit David Spade and Chris Farley together were a riot.

Troupe comedy - Monty Python hands down.

Funny but not considered comic ... William Powell and Cary Grant made a lot of funny movies.

Oh and so many more not on the list ...

Yaddo 42

Where's that brick.......

« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2007, 04:33:39 AM »

This will ramble a bit, and still not include everyone for sure:

Groucho and the Marx Bros.
Monty Python
Jack Benny
Fred Allen
Spike Milligan with or without the Goons
Richard Pryor - before he lost his edge and was chasing money, but I understand why
George Carlin - before he got too bitter to be funny
Eddie Izzard
Billy Connelly
Lewis Black
Ron White
Mitch Hedberg
Bill Cosby - The old stuff say pre-80s
Dave Chappelle
Dave Attell
Bill Hicks
Buster Keaton
Martin and Lewis
WC Fields
Duddley Moore and Peter Cook - Haven't heard much of Beyond the Fringe unfortunately.

Honorable Mentions:
Bob Hope
The Funny Boys
Gary Muledeer
Red Skelton
Denis Leary
Edgar Bergin & Charlie McCarthy (and Mortimer Snerd)
John C. McGinley - actor not a comic but he really makes Scrubs still worth watching even as it declines. He's even a hoot in cheesy talk show interviews.

blah blah stuff blah blah obscure pop culture reference blah blah clever turn of phrase blah blah bad pun blah blah bad link blah blah zzzz.....
felgekarp
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2007, 06:36:35 AM »

The Marx Brothers
Spike Milligan
Dylan Moran
Barry Cryer - he's written a lot of stuff for many a british comedian
Victoria Wood
Bill Bailey
Paul Merton
Jackie Mason

To name but a few.

RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2007, 06:52:38 AM »

Rhe 3 STOOGES are the funniest people ever!!!! They are the Trintiy of comedy. I even like Shemp just as much as Curly. But Joe Besser and Joe DeRita...I don't recognize them a bit.
 Moe and Shemp started off on the vaudville circuit in 1923,and later met up with Ted Healy in 1924,and a third stooge,Moody Braun joined as a third stooge in 1925(he was Healy's brother in law)Moody was fired by Healy ,and Larry Fine was signed up,who at the time was doing a solo act.Shemp quite just as the act was about to break into films in 1932,to go onBroadway in a play,and Curly joined the act.Healy dumped the Stooges  soon after,to go solo in films(he felt they were holding him back...whatta dope!).The Stooges were also tired of being underpaid by the smuck,and also of his constant boozing.
  On May 19,1946,Curly had a stroke,and dropped out of the act,and Shemp returned. Curly's  final appearence was a bit as a sleeping passenger on a train(with a full head of hair) in HOLD THAT LION,in 1947.
 Shemp died in 1955,and was replaced by Joe Besser,who's "big sissy act" did not really fit in with the Stooges at all,IMO, and when Columbia dunped them in the late 50's.That was it.Untill tv picked up on the old shorts,and they started big again in films and Joe DeRita joined the act,which reduced the violent slapstick because he didn't like to be slapped(wussy!).
 DAM! I gotta go to work...BYE!

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
CheezeFlixz

Pathetic Earthlings

« Reply #5 on: March 19, 2007, 09:01:54 AM »

Rhe 3 STOOGES are the funniest people ever!!!! They are the Trintiy of comedy. I even like Shemp just as much as Curly. But Joe Besser and Joe DeRita...I don't recognize them a bit.
 Moe and Shemp started off on the vaudville circuit in 1923,and later met up with Ted Healy in 1924,and a third stooge,Moody Braun joined as a third stooge in 1925(he was Healy's brother in law)Moody was fired by Healy ,and Larry Fine was signed up,who at the time was doing a solo act.Shemp quite just as the act was about to break into films in 1932,to go onBroadway in a play,and Curly joined the act.Healy dumped the Stooges  soon after,to go solo in films(he felt they were holding him back...whatta dope!).The Stooges were also tired of being underpaid by the smuck,and also of his constant boozing.
  On May 19,1946,Curly had a stroke,and dropped out of the act,and Shemp returned. Curly's  final appearence was a bit as a sleeping passenger on a train(with a full head of hair) in HOLD THAT LION,in 1947.
 Shemp died in 1955,and was replaced by Joe Besser,who's "big sissy act" did not really fit in with the Stooges at all,IMO, and when Columbia dunped them in the late 50's.That was it.Untill tv picked up on the old shorts,and they started big again in films and Joe DeRita joined the act,which reduced the violent slapstick because he didn't like to be slapped(wussy!).

Damn RC you do know your Stooge History, I love the stooges and have nearly all of them on DVD (yeah some of them are of questionable legality oh well) They are by far the best of the slapstick comedy. I agree Shemp and Curly were the only real stooges in addition to Moe and Larry. Joe and Curly Joe where nothing more than posers. Really anything after about 1955 isn't worth having and that includes there movies.

Scott

Hey, I'm in the situation room ! ! !

« Reply #6 on: March 19, 2007, 10:03:10 AM »

Joe Besser was good on his own.

We also need to mention Paul Reubens.

fortunato
Bad Movie Lover

The laziest man on mars.

« Reply #7 on: March 19, 2007, 10:17:00 AM »

Bill Hicks
George Carlin
Dave Chappelle
Sacha Baron Cohen
Bill Maher

Goblins still exist. Your Grandpa Seth is telling you!

Are you nuts? You tryin' ta turn me into a homo?

You're TEARING ME APART, Lisa!

"May I remind you that I am in command here! Only an idiot would attempt such a thing. I will do it myself."
trekgeezer

We're all just victims of circumstance

« Reply #8 on: March 19, 2007, 11:56:07 AM »

On May 19,1946,Curly had a stroke,and dropped out of the act,and Shemp returned. Curly's  final appearence was a bit as a sleeping passenger on a train(with a full head of hair) in HOLD THAT LION,in 1947.

Curly did appear in some shorts after his first stroke and it is quite noticable, his voice was changed slightly and he couldn't do all of his usual acrobatics.

Moe and Larry wanted Joe De Rita to replace Shemp but Joe Besser was on contract with Columbia Pictures so they got stuck with him. I understand he hated the slapstick (they did actually slap each other). He tried to refuse getting hit with pies and such too.

The Stooges worked for Columbia for like 24 years and never got a raise.

I always loved the way their stories would start off with a normal situation and then they would show up and it turned into total chaos.  My favorite has to be Disorder in the Court.  There is so much classic stuff in that episode. 

And you thought Trek isn't cool.
CheezeFlixz

Pathetic Earthlings

« Reply #9 on: March 19, 2007, 12:22:13 PM »

OK Judgy-wudgy.

Raise your right hand ...
Take off your hat.
Now, raise your right hand.
Take off your hat.
Raise your right hand.
Would you please take off your hat.

mmmmumphh.

Doyoupromtatelldatruthunnottenbutdatruth?

Aww, some kinda double talk huh?

Doyoupromtatelldatruthunnottenbutdatruth?

Please answer the question?

I don't know what he said ...

Do you swear ...

No! but I know all the words.

Nyuk Nyuk Nyuk!

Classic!!!

Poogie
Bad Movie Lover

uuummmmmm.....BOO!

« Reply #10 on: March 19, 2007, 12:29:34 PM »

I'm soooooooo confused.....there's so many.  Question
Chevy Chase-Saturday Night Live
Bill Cosby-Himself
Steve Martin-just plain funny
Cheech and Chong-Dave's not here
Robin Williams-Until he starts getting really dirty
Monty Python
The Three Stooges
Woody Allen-when he was younger
Peter Sellers
Louie Anderson
George Carlin-Earlier Times
Tim Conway
Johnny Carson
I like all comedians really, until they start getting real dirty to try to bring in the laughs. I find the funniest ones just talk of normal day to day events and how funny they really are.  Smile

« Last Edit: March 19, 2007, 12:32:26 PM by Poogie » Logged

Boogie...Boogie...Boogie...Boogie...  
CheezeFlixz

Pathetic Earthlings

« Reply #11 on: March 19, 2007, 12:47:12 PM »

Unless I missed it no one has listed ...

Lenny Bruce
Charlie Chaplin
Milton Berle
Shelley Berman
Phyllis Diller
George Jessel
Foster Brooks
Jonathan Winters
Sam Kinison

RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« Reply #12 on: March 19, 2007, 04:12:20 PM »

Ever notice in DISORDER in the COURT,where Curly is messing with his bubble gum,that he gives the audiance the finger,not once but twice!!!
  Long time foil Emil Sitka was set to replace Larry when he fell ill,and Moe,never to give up the show,planned to keep going...and then Moe died,and the act with him.Sigh....
   Another comedian,who didn't make the list, who was quite the original,was Harold Llyod. They used to show his shorts on Sunday mornings in the 70's back here in Michigan on Channel 3. BAD MOVIE note,his son,Harold Llyod Jr,appeared in some minor B-Movies,including FRANKENSTIEN's DAUGHTER(1958)!

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
quabrot
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #13 on: March 19, 2007, 05:26:55 PM »

Nobody has mentioned two of my favorites, Steven Wright and Chris Titus. 
zombie no.one

Oookaay...

« Reply #14 on: March 19, 2007, 08:01:10 PM »

movie-wise, Leslie Nielson. on the strength of Airplane and Naked Gun trilogy alone.

non-movie - Bill Hicks is head and shoulders above everyone else IMO. the guy was so funny with his unrelenting deconstruction of percieved human values/politics/everyday life...

HICKS: By the way, if there's anyone here tonight that's in advertising...kill yourself.

*audience laughs*

HICKS: I'm not joking. kill yourselves...you think there's a joke coming, there's no f-cking joke. You are Satan's scum of the earth, if you're in marketing kill yourself...

*audience laughs*

HICKS: I know what the marketing people are thinking now too: 'Oh. He's going for that anti-marketing dollar. That's a good market.'

The Mandela Effect is a Mandela Effect
Pages: [1] 2 3 4
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Good Movies  |  Favorite Comedian(s) ? « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.