Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 10:30:50 AM
713337 Posts in 53056 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Its The End Of The World As We Know It « previous next »
Poll
Question: What do you think of the theory that life as we know it will end in 2012?
Ridiculous!
We're all gonna die!
I'm kind of half-and-half.

Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Its The End Of The World As We Know It  (Read 13532 times)
CoreyHeldpen
Bad Movie Lover

I think these komodos need to leave this cruise.

« on: March 19, 2007, 12:21:27 AM »

Alright, get this. I've read in a magazine called Maclean's that on December 21, 2021, a rip the size of California in the Earth's magnetic field will cause a multitude of earthquakes and volcanic eruptions, which combined with Global Warming, may just cause the end of civilization as well know it, or something to that effect. As some of you may know, December 21, 2021 is when the Mayan calender ends. Some rather credible scientists are thinking bad things will happen with the planet in 2021 as well. But I just can't buy into this. Wasn't the world supposed to end in 2000? I'm pretty sure we're in 2007 now.

What do you think?
« Last Edit: March 19, 2007, 03:16:56 AM by CoreyHeldpen » Logged

"The only three things I hate are demons, malfunctioning robots, and monster movies that don't show you the monster."
fortunato
Bad Movie Lover

The laziest man on mars.

« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2007, 12:31:22 AM »

Look, we survived Y2k, the millenium, nuclear warfare, and the "race war" that weirdo groups were trying to engineer, all in the last ten years. Any day now, Yellowstone Park is supposed to be swallowed into a pool of magma that exists just below it, but we haven't seen that happen yet, either.

As much as I would like the world to end, I just don't think it's gonna happen.

Goblins still exist. Your Grandpa Seth is telling you!

Are you nuts? You tryin' ta turn me into a homo?

You're TEARING ME APART, Lisa!

"May I remind you that I am in command here! Only an idiot would attempt such a thing. I will do it myself."
CheezeFlixz
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Pathetic Earthlings

« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2007, 12:43:34 AM »

According to some the Mayan Calendar stops at Dec 21, 2021 the winter solstice. (Which is odd since the Mayans have been gone for over a 1000 years. You'd think they'd mark their demise on the calendar too, but they didn't.) This is according to the calendar the end date of time. That is where all that 2021 comes from.

OK ...

That was said about the year 1000, 1666, 1999, 2000 and a few others I'm to lazy to look up is THE END OF THE WORLD! As I see it well are still here and those END days didn't live up to the hype.

But to go a little ZEN on you ... every day is the end of the world as we know it, it changes every day it's always evolving and devolving. Out with old, in with the new. Hell son when I was born there were not color TV's, Man on the Moon, cell phones, VCR's, DVD's CD's, PC's etc etc ... so the world as I knew it is long gone. 

Global Warming - don't get me started. HOAX! It was far warmer in the middle ages than it is now, what caused that medieval SUV's?

Remember kids there's research money in scaring people. You don't scare some people, you don't get a big pile of cash to research. So is it about saving the world or lining the pockets?

EDIT: Check this out to read a bunch of people who truly believe they know what they are talking about.
http://www.december212012.com/

My question is, if they really believe it then why are they wasting their time with a web site? Get out they and do everything ... party.

Be sure to buy a couple of t-shirts and coffee mugs ... after you'll need cash in the after life they don't do credit.
« Last Edit: March 19, 2007, 01:06:09 AM by CheezeFlixz » Logged

Zapranoth
Eye of Sauron and

« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2007, 03:05:48 AM »

Dang, where'd I put that sandwich board that says THE END IS NIGH?

Caronte
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2007, 08:19:56 AM »

2012?probably we'll die sooner by a nuclear war, the world is crazy  Bluesad

the title is from the REM song?  Lookingup

PD:how can I put an avatar on my profile?

Menard
« Reply #5 on: March 19, 2007, 08:48:06 AM »

Dang, where'd I put that sandwich board that says THE END IS NIGH?

Love the sig Thumbup Thumbup Thumbup Thumbup Thumbup

Gave you some karma for that. Cheers
Scott

Hey, I'm in the situation room ! ! !

« Reply #6 on: March 19, 2007, 09:56:55 AM »

The Book Of Revelation should be looked at as an internal transformation of the individual. Bringing a new life that comes from a higher source/place. To know the end of time is really pointless without the internal part. That's not to say that there isn't an end time as most imagine it. Smile

raj

« Reply #7 on: March 19, 2007, 10:46:04 AM »

My bold prediction:  For some people, the world will end on that date, as they will die.
CheezeFlixz

Pathetic Earthlings

« Reply #8 on: March 19, 2007, 11:24:01 AM »

I love people that predict things, they always seems to be vague and nonspecific and left to people after the event to decipher.

If prediction are true and can really be made, then why is it psychics never win the lottery?

I'll make a prediction, mystic like ...

In the year of torment.
A great capsule will be known to man.
And the world will be changed.
So sayth the Cheezer.

OK  write that down and lock it away for a 1000 years then dig it out and see if something in the next 1000 years fits it's vagueness. If it does they'll do a Discovery Channel program on me.

And as far as Revelations goes, read your history. Armageddon is a place not a event and it is a battle that was fought some 2000+ years ago. The code 666 refers to the Roman Emperor Nero. You also have to look at all the edits to the Bible by the powers that be that decided what would go in and what wouldn't based on the beliefs they wanted put forth at the time. See the 'The Council of Nicaea' and the King James mandate amongst others, but I don't want to get off on that tangent.

moravec
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #9 on: March 19, 2007, 02:44:07 PM »

A rip the size of California in the Earths magnetic field, won't need to be combined with anything, to end civilization as we know it .

Also I think we could get rid of about one fourth of our civilization and not miss it.

I am the *Sciolist's* Worst Nightmare.
Poogie
Bad Movie Lover

uuummmmmm.....BOO!

« Reply #10 on: March 19, 2007, 02:46:51 PM »

To be honest I live for the moment. I don't think about what's going to happen tomorrow, it's a big waste of time. I could be sitting here typing away my opinion on this subject or any other subject and puff the house blows up or we have the Big One, as in Earthquake, or maybe a 747 may crash on the house. Out there somewhere someone has this written  down and they'll say they predicted it....huh...and they'll be right. It's like reading your horoscope, anything they write could go with anybody, but it's entertaining in the long run. The difference in the horoscope and what they have written about the world ending on a certain date is that some people are going to believe it and do away with themselves before the date arrives out of fear of the forthcoming event.
So I say we get a bazooka and blow their heads off so they'll shut the buck up! I've made my world a happy place to be in and I won't let anybody  take away my happiness. So there! Well that felt good.  Smile

Boogie...Boogie...Boogie...Boogie...  
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« Reply #11 on: March 19, 2007, 04:33:59 PM »

DAM! I won't be able to retire from this rotton factory job! I'll only be 59! (Come to think of it,with my job,I'll be too  poor to EVER retire anyway....Hmmm...I could get a good drunk on one last time,though! C'mon,2021! Cheers

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
Dennis
Yes, it's true, absolutely true. I am a

I'm sorry, did I break your concentration?

« Reply #12 on: March 20, 2007, 10:50:36 PM »

The world as we know it will end when it ends, I'm not sure how it will end but I'm willing to bet it will be by something we don't know about and couldn't do anything about even if we did. It is just not worth worrying about, fun to talk about, write books about, or even make movies about, but when all is said and done, when it's time, it's time, and all the worry, fear, and prayer won't change the result. Making predictions about it has been a favorite pastime of a lot of people who, you would think, should know better. Still it's an entertaining topic.

Reach for the heavens in hope for the future for all that we can be, not what we are. Henry John Deutschendorf Jr.
clockworkcanary
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #13 on: March 23, 2007, 08:53:11 AM »

Well, the only thing I can guess with some amount of certainty is that the Earth will likely end in about 2 billion years (but likely a bit sooner) as Sol will grow as she ages, slowly transforming from yellow-orange to a red giant, increasing in size to the point where it encompasses earth's orbit.

My goal: get off this planet and leave the doomsdayer religionists here to off themselves with their self-fulfilling prophecy :)   j/k folks

Join us as we discuss all things schlock at Three Knock Theater podcast:

Facebook Group:
https://www.facebook.com/groups/197572800347267/

Youtube channel:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCrLYkyXabfSwpcRQjhUMErQ
BoyScoutKevin

« Reply #14 on: March 23, 2007, 12:25:50 PM »

2012 or 2021?

When I went down to that part of Mexico, where the Mayans use to live, the tour guide talked about the Mayan calendar, and on how each significant date on the calendar, something momentous happened. He mentioned this date, but he didn't say, exactly, when it occurred. Now, I know.

Actually, we know that at some point in time the world will end, because the sun is going to become a burnt-out star. The problem is trying to predict, when this will happen.
Pages: [1] 2
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Its The End Of The World As We Know It « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.