Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 19, 2024, 02:36:20 AM
712922 Posts in 53040 Topics by 7722 Members
Latest Member: GenevaBarr
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Press Releases and Film News  |  Curtain falls quickly on 'Captivity' ad campaign « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Curtain falls quickly on 'Captivity' ad campaign  (Read 13865 times)
CheezeFlixz
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Pathetic Earthlings

« on: March 20, 2007, 08:44:55 AM »

UPDATE LINKS FIXED I THINK!

http://www.impawards.com/2007/captivity_ver2.html

In the wake of a public outcry against Los Angeles billboards and New York taxicab tops advertising the upcoming movie "Captivity" with images of the abduction, torture and death of a young woman, After Dark Films said it will take down the offending ads by.....

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/hr/content_display/news/e3i898ca0de1754206a72612f6e991544a2

Aren't there bigger problems in the world than whining about a movie poster? Just wondering ....

Oh here's the new one .... wonder who long it will last.

http://www.impawards.com/2007/captivity.html
« Last Edit: March 20, 2007, 09:39:44 AM by CheezeFlixz » Logged

dean

« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2007, 09:01:42 AM »

Not long, since apparently those links don't go anywhere.

Unless of course the poster is a green text saying impawards.com.  Which I do consider kind of offensive I suppose, since it's flagrantly misleading if they are trying to advertise a movie called Captivity.    TeddyR

We had an interesting debate in the local newspaper a while back arguing about a giant billboard for a legal Brothel in Kew, a nearby suburb.  The funny thing about it was that the add itself didn't actually have anything bad on it other than a pair of cartoon red lips, and a giant slogan saying "Got the Urge" yet many people went up in arms about it all and a fair chunk of the community were protesting it.  Luckily the council had some balls, and told the people who opposed it that the billboard didn't break any laws, was not overtly raunchy or inappropriate in anyway, and kept the ad.

Compare something in simple text like that to an ad for say, an alcoholic drink or some fashion crap, and I'd say they're a lot more subversive and awful, and I found it funny that people were protesting a simple ad, that just happened to be for a brothel.

Sure I understand why they protested it, but you get my point: there's a lot worse out there than what those posters apparently have, though I must admit I haven't seen them yet, unless they are the above-mentioned green text ads  Twirling

------------The password will be: Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch
Ash

23 Year Badmovies.org Veteran

« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2007, 09:09:21 AM »

Looks like Cheeze tried to link directly to the images and the site isn't allowing it.
Upload them to an image hosting service first then paste the url.

Try www.imageshack.us
CheezeFlixz

Pathetic Earthlings

« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2007, 09:36:24 AM »

Looks like Cheeze tried to link directly to the images and the site isn't allowing it.
Upload them to an image hosting service first then paste the url.

Try www.imageshack.us

That's odd I guess sine they are in my cache they display on mine.

Try this with alt versions below ...

http://www.impawards.com/2007/captivity_ver2.html

CheezeFlixz

Pathetic Earthlings

« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2007, 11:47:16 AM »

Not long, since apparently those links don't go anywhere.

Unless of course the poster is a green text saying impawards.com.  Which I do consider kind of offensive I suppose, since it's flagrantly misleading if they are trying to advertise a movie called Captivity.    TeddyR

We had an interesting debate in the local newspaper a while back arguing about a giant billboard for a legal Brothel in Kew, a nearby suburb.  The funny thing about it was that the add itself didn't actually have anything bad on it other than a pair of cartoon red lips, and a giant slogan saying "Got the Urge" yet many people went up in arms about it all and a fair chunk of the community were protesting it.  Luckily the council had some balls, and told the people who opposed it that the billboard didn't break any laws, was not overtly raunchy or inappropriate in anyway, and kept the ad.

Compare something in simple text like that to an ad for say, an alcoholic drink or some fashion crap, and I'd say they're a lot more subversive and awful, and I found it funny that people were protesting a simple ad, that just happened to be for a brothel.

Sure I understand why they protested it, but you get my point: there's a lot worse out there than what those posters apparently have, though I must admit I haven't seen them yet, unless they are the above-mentioned green text ads  Twirling

Some people have to much time or their hands and to big of an heart on their sleeve. People around here get all up in arms over stupid sh!t instead of putting there energy into something more useful like getting city government to curb spending and create jobs or inprove the quality of life. Makes little sense to me.

ulthar

I AM serious, and stop calling me Shirley

« Reply #5 on: March 20, 2007, 01:04:21 PM »

getting city government to curb spending and create jobs or inprove the quality of life.

Isn't there a fundamental contradiction there?  I mean, you say you want the City gov't to curb spending (hooray for that), but then mention creating jobs and improving the quality of life.  Neither of those latter choices would lower spending.

Just a thought ....

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Professor Hathaway:  I noticed you stopped stuttering.
Bodie:      I've been giving myself shock treatments.
Professor Hathaway: Up the voltage.

--Real Genius
CheezeFlixz

Pathetic Earthlings

« Reply #6 on: March 20, 2007, 03:26:03 PM »

getting city government to curb spending and create jobs or inprove the quality of life.

Isn't there a fundamental contradiction there?  I mean, you say you want the City gov't to curb spending (hooray for that), but then mention creating jobs and improving the quality of life.  Neither of those latter choices would lower spending.

Just a thought ....

Point taken ...

Right now they want to raise taxes again ... whereas if they recruited employers (real jobs that bring money into the community i.e industry) they'd have more taxes without raising them. And then they could go out and buy a $10K police dog we don't need instead of taxing people for it. Note the area I live in is very low crime, a drunk jay walker makes the news here, so we don't need a $10K police dog when a pound puppy will do.

So perhaps I should have said spend wisely. Like it was coming out of your pocket instead of the publics.

Jack
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #7 on: March 20, 2007, 05:13:58 PM »

Same here.  They had some water damage in the courthouse and by the time they were done repairing it, they could have built a new one out of solid gold for less money.  They ordered hundreds of thousands of dollars worth of furniture, then found out it wasn't substantial enough for public use, but they couldn't return it because they approved it and told the company to go ahead and build it all.  The company wanted somebody to come and take a look at it before they went ahead with the project, but it was a two hour drive and nobody could be bothered to go look at it. 

They passed a levy for millions of dollars to put new boilers in the schools, then found out that the state would have paid for it.  They built a freakin' bathroom in a park for 3 million.  A bathroom.  Three million dollars.  I've been meaning to find out where it is so I can take a dump in a three million dollar toilet.

The world is changed by your example, not by your opinion.

- Paulo Coelho
Poogie
Bad Movie Lover

uuummmmmm.....BOO!

« Reply #8 on: March 20, 2007, 07:02:58 PM »

A place I used to work for, I was the one who typed up the government forms, they would pay $200.00 for a screw. It was a simple little screw....no lie....but they paid it and they would buy 1,000's of them. Screws weren't the only things we sold them, there were many parts for the Space Shuttle (having to do with the electrical aspect) that were bought for millions.  Buggedout

Boogie...Boogie...Boogie...Boogie...  
CheezeFlixz

Pathetic Earthlings

« Reply #9 on: March 20, 2007, 07:27:45 PM »

A place I used to work for, I was the one who typed up the government forms, they would pay $200.00 for a screw. It was a simple little screw....no lie....but they paid it and they would buy 1,000's of them. Screws weren't the only things we sold them, there were many parts for the Space Shuttle (having to do with the electrical aspect) that were bought for millions.  Buggedout

It's easy to spend money when it's not your's and they forget it's their money too. I read today that not only do we need a $10K police dog, we also need a $50K K9 cop car to go with it and $5K in K9 cop training with matching K9 cop uniforms for $2K ... so now this mutt is going to cost us at least $67K the few drug bust they have made have netted the police department some like $3000.00 and '72 pickup truck in the last 5 years, and that was busting our local drug kingpin I think they even got his trailer too (Net value $75.62  Lookingup). Seems like a good return on an investment.

Perhaps we need to start a b!tch about government spending thread ...

ulthar

I AM serious, and stop calling me Shirley

« Reply #10 on: March 20, 2007, 07:36:42 PM »

It's easy to spend money when it's not your's and they forget it's their money too.

That's my gripe with academic research, too.  All 'those guys' do when they get together is sit around and complain about lack of money/funding.  In the current era, most of 'em have never had a 'real job' at all - college, grad school, postdoc, teach.  I've even heard some say "well, it's not MY money."

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Professor Hathaway:  I noticed you stopped stuttering.
Bodie:      I've been giving myself shock treatments.
Professor Hathaway: Up the voltage.

--Real Genius
Poogie
Bad Movie Lover

uuummmmmm.....BOO!

« Reply #11 on: March 20, 2007, 08:31:35 PM »

Not only will they not give money for things the police need, they don't pay well. My father worked for the police dept. for 17 years and we were living from paycheck to paycheck. There were the 4 kids and my mom to support. As he moved up in rank he didn't make much more.
The government doesn't speak any language that we speak. When I would fill out the government forms everything had to be written a certain way or they wouldn't know what I was talking about. I'm telling you.....it was hilarious the way I had to describe things.  Lookingup

Boogie...Boogie...Boogie...Boogie...  
CheezeFlixz

Pathetic Earthlings

« Reply #12 on: March 20, 2007, 08:52:06 PM »

Most BIG CITY cops are under paid, keep in mind where I live all we have is basically Andy and Barney ... the police report in the paper the others day (yes they list everything they do) had a report about "Mrs. McPherson reported 2 of her prized hens missing no FOUL play is suspected. Coyotes tracks seen in the area." now this is news! They should have put a big city spin on it ...

The notorious Coyote gang suspected in the latest round of hit and run violence against the Leghorns at McPherson's

Dennis
Yes, it's true, absolutely true. I am a

I'm sorry, did I break your concentration?

« Reply #13 on: March 21, 2007, 12:34:00 AM »

When it comes to government spending and accountability I agree with the man who said "These people have the relationship mixed up, they think that we all work for them, the truth is they're supposed to work for us, and I'll tell you, if they worked for me I'd fire all of them."

Reach for the heavens in hope for the future for all that we can be, not what we are. Henry John Deutschendorf Jr.
Joe
Bad Movie Lover

What are you afraid of? It's only rock n' roll.

« Reply #14 on: March 22, 2007, 06:55:04 AM »

i think people do this s**t because they want to draw attention away from themselves when in reality they are the f**ked up things in this world, not a movie with FAKE things in it. are these people really dead? no Did they actually bleed on the set? no ITS f**kING FAKE. if it was real argue all you want but you are going on about fictional characters and special effects make-up. and might i ad for that last poster that photochopped blood looks horrible, and so do the fingernails. though i like the one where she is submerged in sand.
« Last Edit: March 22, 2007, 06:58:02 AM by Joe » Logged
Pages: [1] 2
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Press Releases and Film News  |  Curtain falls quickly on 'Captivity' ad campaign « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.