Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 11:10:41 AM
713347 Posts in 53056 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Zombie Town « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Zombie Town  (Read 16686 times)
Zombie Town
New Visitor

« on: March 20, 2007, 02:22:22 PM »

Alright.  So I'm the director of an upcoming zombie movie titled, aptly enough, Zombie Town.  As the director it was a tough decision as to put this in the good movie or the bad movie forum, but let's be honest.  Zombie Town's certainly a bit more Mortal Combat than it is Little Miss Sunshine.  The reason I'm here is that my production partners have been pushing me to start a viral marketing campaign.  I guess it's common practice to plant people on message boards to plug your movie.  I thought this seemed a bit silly.  Instead I thought I'd just come out and tell you I'm the director, Zombie Town's my film, and I'd love it is some of you guys could take the time to check out our trailer and let us know what you think of it.  The trailer link is below and the film will be released in the US later this year.  Thanks

Damon

http://www.artistviewent.com/horror/Zombie%20Town/zombie_town.htm
BTM
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2007, 07:40:28 PM »

Looks neat, I'll keep my eye out for it. 

BTW, what's that song playing in the trailer? 

"Some people mature, some just get older." -Andrew Vachss
Kooshmeister
The King of Koosh!
Bad Movie Lover

Must have caffeine...

« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2007, 04:48:50 AM »

Zombie Town, huh? Are there Condo Kings involved?

(A free cookie to anyone who gets that referance.)
Zombie Town
New Visitor

« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2007, 10:26:46 AM »

Is that a Billy Joel reference
moravec
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2007, 03:10:12 PM »

Lets see-- 1970's hairstyles- Wardrobe from the dollar store--Dialogue written for a 12 year old; guns- blood- gore, and Zombies! Might fly.

I am the *Sciolist's* Worst Nightmare.
peter johnson

« Reply #5 on: March 23, 2007, 01:16:48 AM »

Where was this filmed?
     Your voiceovers and cast sound American, yet the date given is 2 years ago/2005.  Were there great problems with distribution/release?
I am also confused by the disparity in Production Values:  You were able to afford 3 helicopters for a flyover, yet some of the individual scenes shown in the trailer seem to have very poor lighting, re.  Some scenes are properly lit, whereas others have a sort of "direct spotlight" quality that bespeaks a low budget.  If you could get 3 helicopters to fly by, why not buy several filters and another indirect light source?
     I'm not being a b***h, just deeply curious, as some scenes look as if they come from different movies.  Yeah, it does look like it has some comedic quality of "Shaun of The Dead" and seems to make reference to other Zombie movies, but the disparity between different scenes used in the trailer leaves me puzzled.  Did you have to fire some people & then resume filming at a later date?  Did you run out of your original film stock?  I've done that too.  It's just that your scenes look as if they're from different movies -- did you cobble together?  I don't mean to be insulting, I am, in fact, genuinely curious.
peter johnson/denny crane/movie veteran

I have no idea what this means.
JPickettIII
A BAD MOVIE IS A TERRIBLE THING TO WASTE!
Bad Movie Lover

HELP! WE ARE STUCK IN A GOOD MOVIE!!!

« Reply #6 on: March 23, 2007, 08:56:58 AM »

I just saw the trailer.  I like it.  Is it going straight DVD or theater?

I will be picking up a copy of it if it comes to DVD first.

Good job.

Also, welcome to the site.

John

\\\\\\\"Freedom is not free\"\\\\\\ or ///\"Where ever you go, there you are!\"///
Zombie Town
New Visitor

« Reply #7 on: March 23, 2007, 09:15:47 AM »

Peter,
Thanks for all the questions.  First, we filmed in and around Rutland, Vermont.  As for the date on the Artistvew site, that's a mistake on their part.  I'd never noticed that before so thanks for pointing it out.  Our principle photography did take place in 2005, with the film going through post during 2006.  A year is not an uncommon length of time for post on a feature film, particularly one with model work, blue screen, and other effects work to be done after principle photography ends.  We were fairly certain we would be going with Artistview and MTI for foreign and domestic distribution before we finished post, so there were no real with finding a home for the movie.

As for the helecopters, I don't want to give away too many secrets but those were, of course, miniatures.  Aquiring a real military helicopter for a shoot would not only be way too expensive, but require assistance from the military.    For some miniature shots we did change film stocks to get a tighter grain structure, perhaps that's somthing you're picking up on between shots.  If so, great eye.  For some establishing night shots we did have to do some day-for-night as well.  Perhaps you're noticing that in the trailer as well.  As for personel changes, I'm proud to say that of the many, many independent films I've worked on ours was one of the most strife free and pleasent.  No one fired, no stops in filming for disasters, didn't run out of anything, not even much in the way of overtime.  Hope that answers some questions for you.
peter johnson

« Reply #8 on: March 23, 2007, 06:01:58 PM »

Heck, yeah, hope it does Gangbusters!
Those are some very good looking minatures, then -- or I have a very crappy computer screen, or both.
Yes, I do know how expensive helicopters can be -- A ton of money was blown on just one with a cheesy explosion for ROBOchic --
Thanks for the compliment, re. my eye -- yeah, you watch enough post on these things, you start picking up on where they go from flood to wash to spot to blown-out bulb, etc. etc.  Lighting problems have always been of special interest to me, as they can effect the whole thrust of a scene, and perhaps break suspension of disbelief for the audience.  Sorry you had to go "day for night", as that's a booger-bear in anybody's book and I don't care how much money you have --
Anyway, yes indeed I'll watch for this & said I chatted with the director to whoever!! 
Hope you all make a bit of lunch money on this endeavour!!  One of my short things, "Still Water", is getting a Hollywood screening sometime this summer from Flickering Images Film Festival. 
Look me up if you ever film in Colorado!!
Showbizzily Yours
peter johnson/denny crane

I have no idea what this means.
Jim H

« Reply #9 on: March 27, 2007, 12:39:04 AM »

Peter,
Thanks for all the questions.  First, we filmed in and around Rutland, Vermont.  As for the date on the Artistvew site, that's a mistake on their part.  I'd never noticed that before so thanks for pointing it out.  Our principle photography did take place in 2005, with the film going through post during 2006.  A year is not an uncommon length of time for post on a feature film, particularly one with model work, blue screen, and other effects work to be done after principle photography ends.  We were fairly certain we would be going with Artistview and MTI for foreign and domestic distribution before we finished post, so there were no real with finding a home for the movie.

As for the helecopters, I don't want to give away too many secrets but those were, of course, miniatures.  Aquiring a real military helicopter for a shoot would not only be way too expensive, but require assistance from the military.    For some miniature shots we did change film stocks to get a tighter grain structure, perhaps that's somthing you're picking up on between shots.  If so, great eye.  For some establishing night shots we did have to do some day-for-night as well.  Perhaps you're noticing that in the trailer as well.  As for personel changes, I'm proud to say that of the many, many independent films I've worked on ours was one of the most strife free and pleasent.  No one fired, no stops in filming for disasters, didn't run out of anything, not even much in the way of overtime.  Hope that answers some questions for you.

So you're actually shooting with film?  It was hard to tell from the trailer, it looks like it (the trailer itself I mean) was sourced from video.  And I must say those were excellent miniature shots.  It was probably partly the relatively low quality of the trailer, but they're still very good.  I'm usually great at picking that sort of thing out, and didn't suspect it there.

That aside, the movie looks entertaining.  Based on the trailer alone, it's already better than Dead Life, at least.   TongueOut

BTW, the poster art is fairly decent, but there's one thing I wish more releases would do...  Air brushed posters.  Just a small suggestion, as it makes it instantly stick out on the store shelfs and usually looks better than photoshopped stuff. 

A recent example is the cover of The Fallen Ones.

I just love the look and wish more releases would use it, especially with certain straight-to-video releases getting such AWFUL photoshopped covers.  I know local artists who could do a good airbrushed poster in a couple days for like $200.  You can just give them a print of the existing cover, tell him to airbrush it and make it look a bit cooler if he can.
Kooshmeister
The King of Koosh!
Bad Movie Lover

Must have caffeine...

« Reply #10 on: March 27, 2007, 02:46:21 AM »

Is that a Billy Joel reference

*Gives you a cookie.* :)
Zombie Town
New Visitor

« Reply #11 on: March 28, 2007, 08:39:32 AM »

So you're actually shooting with film?  It was hard to tell from the trailer, it looks like it (the trailer itself I mean) was sourced from video.  And I must say those were excellent miniature shots.  It was probably partly the relatively low quality of the trailer, but they're still very good.  I'm usually great at picking that sort of thing out, and didn't suspect it there.

That aside, the movie looks entertaining.  Based on the trailer alone, it's already better than Dead Life, at least.   TongueOut

BTW, the poster art is fairly decent, but there's one thing I wish more releases would do...  Air brushed posters.  Just a small suggestion, as it makes it instantly stick out on the store shelfs and usually looks better than photoshopped stuff. 

A recent example is the cover of The Fallen Ones.

I just love the look and wish more releases would use it, especially with certain straight-to-video releases getting such AWFUL photoshopped covers.  I know local artists who could do a good airbrushed poster in a couple days for like $200.  You can just give them a print of the existing cover, tell him to airbrush it and make it look a bit cooler if he can.
[/quote]

We did indeed shoot on film.  I know there are a lot of economic benefits to the various video formats, but I'll fight to keep shooting film as long as possible.  It just looks better and, having worked with film cameras for the past seven years, I have enormous affection for the format.

Thanks for the complements on the miniatures.

As for you suggestions on the cover art, they're appreciated.  This may or may not surprise you, but I actually have very limited involvement with that decision.  It is an advertising tool and, as such, the various regional distributors have final say on how they market the film.  I did sign off on the American poster, which is the one you've seen.  I know they have slightly different cover art in Australia which I actually quite like.   
Jim H

« Reply #12 on: March 28, 2007, 01:40:29 PM »

As for you suggestions on the cover art, they're appreciated.  This may or may not surprise you, but I actually have very limited involvement with that decision.  It is an advertising tool and, as such, the various regional distributors have final say on how they market the film.  I did sign off on the American poster, which is the one you've seen.  I know they have slightly different cover art in Australia which I actually quite like.   

I should have realized that.  Ah well.  Got a link to the Aussie poster?
Zombie Town
New Visitor

« Reply #13 on: April 04, 2007, 12:10:20 PM »

You can see the Australian poster on any of the Australian equivilants to Netflix.  www.videoezy.com.au, and www.quickflix.com.au are two of them.
Zombie Town
New Visitor

« Reply #14 on: July 25, 2007, 11:48:15 PM »

Hello folks,

It's been a while since I've been able to get on here and post, but I wanted to stop in and give you the newest Zombie Town news.  MTI Home Video has set our release date in the US for November 20th.  It'll be out in stores and on-line.  I hope you'll look out for us.

Between now and then I should be doing some promotional events.  I was at Flashback Weekend in Chicago a few days ago.  I'll let you all know as we hit conventions and festivals.

Thanks for all the interest,
Damon LeMay
Pages: [1] 2
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Zombie Town « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.