Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 19, 2024, 04:10:11 AM
712925 Posts in 53040 Topics by 7722 Members
Latest Member: GenevaBarr
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Good Movies  |  The Father Kino Story (1977) « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: The Father Kino Story (1977)  (Read 9288 times)
Scott
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Hey, I'm in the situation room ! ! !

« on: March 24, 2007, 10:21:27 PM »

THE FATHER KINO STORY (1977) a.k.a. Mission to Glory: A True Story - This is the story of Father Kino a Jesuit missionary in Mexico, Arizona, and California during the 1600's. The film is rather dry for a movie about a historical figure. Tells the facts and that's about it. Might be good material for The History Channel or EWTN.  In the 70's this might have been one of a few movies about the missions of the Southwest and for that reason alone it could have found an small audience. There are a number of big stars in this film including Richardo Monteblan, John Ireland, Ceasar Romero, and Keenan Wynn.

(5 out of 5 Stars) Thumbup Thumbdown Could have been better, but at least they attempted an interesting subject.

Yaddo 42

Where's that brick.......

« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2007, 05:31:47 AM »

I'm surprised EWTN didn't show this when I still had cable. They used to air lots of badly dubbed films about the lives of various saints and religious figures. Most appeared to be Italian, and were often b&w and looked like 1950s or 60s vintage. There were some shot on video made for TV looking religious dramas also, again most appeared Italian and were ridiciously dubbed. Something with familiar faces and names, especially to an older audience, sounds up their alley.

Strangely, TBN has begun to show stuff like Shoes of the Fisherman and Pasolini's Gospel of St. Matthew in with some of the old religious epics they show at times. Wouldn't figure on such Catholic themed films would make the cut there. Figured Paoslini's life and other work might convince them not to air a film by him.

blah blah stuff blah blah obscure pop culture reference blah blah clever turn of phrase blah blah bad pun blah blah bad link blah blah zzzz.....
Scott

« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2007, 11:16:15 PM »

I've tried to watch some of the EWTN religious films and they are rough viewing even for me.  Smile

Yaddo 42

Where's that brick.......

« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2007, 02:59:23 AM »

Yep, dry and dull viewing. And this is coming from someone who used to enjoy watching that show about G.K. Chesterton, The Apostle of Common Sense, sanctimonious as it was.

I'd still like to see the film Anthony Quinn starred in the 70s about the life of Mohammad, that got many worked up at the time, for obvious reasons. IIRC correctly it was produced by the man who made the Halloween films, and was killed along with his daughter and many others in that suicide bombing at a Jordanian wedding a few years ago.  I've seen part of Lion of the Desert, starring Quinn and produced with Libyan money, I'd still like to see it all.

blah blah stuff blah blah obscure pop culture reference blah blah clever turn of phrase blah blah bad pun blah blah bad link blah blah zzzz.....
Scott

« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2007, 09:27:30 AM »

Rented THE MESSAGE which is the story of Mohammad and I was dissapointed and found it dull. Netflix has both THE MESSAGE and LION OF THE DESERT. After seeing THE MESSAGE I didn't have any desire to see LION OF THE DESERT.

Here is my post about THE MESSAGE (1976) from a while back in 2004.

http://www.badmovies.org/forum/index.php/topic,77959.msg77959.html#msg77959
« Last Edit: March 27, 2007, 09:29:46 AM by Scott » Logged

Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Good Movies  |  The Father Kino Story (1977) « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.