Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 19, 2024, 06:05:11 AM
712927 Posts in 53040 Topics by 7722 Members
Latest Member: GenevaBarr
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Its The End Of The World As We Know It « previous next »
Poll
Question: What do you think of the theory that life as we know it will end in 2012?
Ridiculous!
We're all gonna die!
I'm kind of half-and-half.

Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Its The End Of The World As We Know It  (Read 13483 times)
Scott
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Hey, I'm in the situation room ! ! !

« Reply #15 on: March 24, 2007, 10:37:22 PM »

My goal: get off this planet and leave the doomsdayer religionists here to off themselves with their self-fulfilling prophecy :)   j/k folks

Yes, the idea would be to get off the planet and do what the early pioneers did. They just have to find an easier way of getting up there and a better way of getting from place to place. Current rocket science isn't the way to go.

The funny thing about Christians is that they would have to preach the Gospel as they know it to intelligent alien life forms on other planets outside this solar system which at this moment most of them don't even acknowledge as a possibility. Most see only our earth and human element on this earth as being important enough for God to consider.
« Last Edit: March 24, 2007, 10:41:12 PM by Scott » Logged

Yaddo 42

Where's that brick.......

« Reply #16 on: March 25, 2007, 06:43:48 AM »

I've met a few Christians, and not fringe dwelling whackjobs either, who are convinced that if we ever encounter intelligent alien life, the Judeo-Christian God (the one true God in these people's eyes) will have already revealed himself to them, much like they believe he did here. Since they are a part of His creation, and being intelligent beings, presumably made in His image, they will need salvation also. Never got to ask if Jesus would have appeared to and lived among them also (like an interplanetary version of some Mormon beliefs or some such) , or they were to be made aware of what they needed to know that is supposed to have happened here on Earth.

blah blah stuff blah blah obscure pop culture reference blah blah clever turn of phrase blah blah bad pun blah blah bad link blah blah zzzz.....
Jack
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #17 on: March 25, 2007, 09:18:34 AM »

a rip the size of California in the Earth's magnetic field will cause a multitude of earthquakes and volcanic eruptions,

You have no idea how silly that sounds to someone, anyone, who's even taken Introduction to Electronics back in high school  TeddyR

The world is changed by your example, not by your opinion.

- Paulo Coelho
CheezeFlixz

Pathetic Earthlings

« Reply #18 on: March 25, 2007, 10:39:15 AM »

It's the end of the world as we know it. Small | Large

RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« Reply #19 on: March 25, 2007, 06:18:36 PM »

The world as we know it will end when it ends, I'm not sure how it will end but I'm willing to bet it will be by something we don't know about and couldn't do anything about even if we did. It is just not worth worrying about, fun to talk about, write books about, or even make movies about, but when all is said and done, when it's time, it's time, and all the worry, fear, and prayer won't change the result. Making predictions about it has been a favorite pastime of a lot of people who, you would think, should know better. Still it's an entertaining topic.

Yup...when hell freezes over....

oops! spoke to soon!
           ( Yes...Hell is a small town here in good ol' michigan!)

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
Dennis
Yes, it's true, absolutely true. I am a

I'm sorry, did I break your concentration?

« Reply #20 on: March 26, 2007, 08:42:51 PM »

I've met a few Christians, and not fringe dwelling whackjobs either, who are convinced that if we ever encounter intelligent alien life, the Judeo-Christian God (the one true God in these people's eyes) will have already revealed himself to them, much like they believe he did here. Since they are a part of His creation, and being intelligent beings, presumably made in His image, they will need salvation also. Never got to ask if Jesus would have appeared to and lived among them also (like an interplanetary version of some Mormon beliefs or some such) , or they were to be made aware of what they needed to know that is supposed to have happened here on Earth.

I'm a Christian, of sorts, and I actually believe that there is life on other planets, probably intelligent, and that as such they probably believe in a supreme being, same guy I believe in, but to assume that the Lord would reveal himself to each and every culture in the same way is very foolish.
The thought occurs to me that if the aliens believe in God, and he has revealed himself to them in a different way, then they may try to convert the fundamentalists to their belief system. I'd kind of Like to see a debate between Jerry Falwell from the good old U.S.A. and Brother Gorba from the planet Archerant.

Reach for the heavens in hope for the future for all that we can be, not what we are. Henry John Deutschendorf Jr.
Scott

Hey, I'm in the situation room ! ! !

« Reply #21 on: March 26, 2007, 11:31:08 PM »

I'm a Christian, of sorts, and I actually believe that there is life on other planets, probably intelligent, and that as such they probably believe in a supreme being, same guy I believe in, but to assume that the Lord would reveal himself to each and every culture in the same way is very foolish.
The thought occurs to me that if the aliens believe in God, and he has revealed himself to them in a different way, then they may try to convert the fundamentalists to their belief system. I'd kind of Like to see a debate between Jerry Falwell from the good old U.S.A. and Brother Gorba from the planet Archerant.

Forgive me, but I haven't hung around Christians in 20 years and didn't realise they had adapted to this possible scenario during that time. Thanks for the info Yaddo and Dennis. I'll bring it up the next time I meet one of them from either earth or Archerant.    Smile

Pages: 1 [2]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Its The End Of The World As We Know It « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.