Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 18, 2024, 05:42:41 PM
714221 Posts in 53092 Topics by 7734 Members
Latest Member: BlackVuemmo
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  How Do You Like Your Steak? « previous next »
Poll
Question: How do you like your steak cooked?
Raw! - 0 (0%)
Bloody as hell (rare or very rare) - 1 (6.7%)
Rare plus - 3 (20%)
Medium rare - 5 (33.3%)
Medium - 2 (13.3%)
Medium well - 2 (13.3%)
Burnt to a crisp (well done) - 1 (6.7%)
I don't eat meat - 1 (6.7%)
Total Voters: 14

Pages: 1 2 [3]
Author Topic: How Do You Like Your Steak?  (Read 25830 times)
BoyScoutKevin
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #30 on: March 23, 2007, 11:58:05 AM »

It's more like how I would like it, as opposed to how I eat it.

I'd use to like it medium rare, but with all the now more widely known problems that can occur by eating undercooked meat, I'm now eating my meat at medium, so it is cooked all the way through.

Actually, there are some restaurants that will not cook anything less than a medium, unless you specifically ask for it to be cooked less than that.

My father on the other hand, still likes his beef this way: "Wipe the cow's butt off. Thrown the steak on the grill for a second. Turn it over and grill it for another second. Then serve it."
T-Rex Television
Dedicated Viewer

I Am The Walrus!!

« Reply #31 on: March 24, 2007, 12:57:19 AM »

I eat mine rare/very rare. MMmmm... just had some steak tips tonight, rare. Probably the rarest i've ever had! I was nearly suffocating on them though, and took forever to chew it, jeez. I thought my jaw was going to fall off.

"Be still my dog of war, I understand your pain. We have all lost someone we love..."

Mr_Vindictive

By Sword. By Pick. By Axe. Bye Bye.

« Reply #32 on: March 24, 2007, 11:36:27 AM »

I prefer mine medium-well.  I used to order it well done but it seemed that everytime I did, it was completely burnt and nearly non-edible.

I like it to be dark, but with a slight amount of pink in the middle.

Can't stand a steak to be even remotely rare.  I had a girlfriend years back, and she invited me to her house one night for dinner.  They were having steaks.  The steak looked good until I put my fork into it, and the blood began to pour out.  I'm not a complainer, especially in front of a girlfriend's parents.  I ate the steak, and thought I was going to vomit for the rest of the night.  Their whole family ate the steaks that way.  Disgusting.

Just thinking about it makes me sick....

As far as Vegans/Vegetarians go - good for you.  I wish I could only eat vegetables.  At the moment, I eat nearly 0 vegetables.  Can't stand the taste.  I've tried eating salads a few times, and each time has been a horrible experience.  I guess I'm one of those people that Ash said doesn't exist - someone who only eats meat and no vegetables.

Well, except for potatoes.  They are a starch, correct?   Smile

A bald man named Savalas visited me last night in a dream.  I think it was a Telly vision.
Menard
« Reply #33 on: March 24, 2007, 12:31:01 PM »

As far as Vegans/Vegetarians go - good for you.  I wish I could only eat vegetables.

At times, so do I.

I am what would be considered an ovo-lacto vegetarian; I eat egg and dairy products, just not meat.

I eat plenty of junk food as well, as long as it does not have animal byproducts other than dairy or eggs in it.

The difference between a vegan and vegetarian, generally, is that vegans will eat no animal products; meaning no dairy or egg products or any food containing or derived from such. There are vegetarians who will eat meat, but limit it to strictly fish or white meat sources only.
CheezeFlixz

Pathetic Earthlings

« Reply #34 on: March 24, 2007, 03:37:31 PM »

There are vegetarians who will eat meat, but limit it to strictly fish or white meat sources only.

That's a contradiction of terms, you cannot be a VEGETARIAN and EAT MEAT, it's not possible. Yes I know there is a classification definition of those that do eat meat and call themselves vegetarian. IMHO this is nothing more than a self label to feel good about themselves and say "Oh look at me I'm a vegetarian, but I do eat some meat." That's BS! You either eat meat (regardless of selection) or not, period. What else are they Christians that don't believe in Christ? Tea-totaling non drinkers that only drink beer and wine.  If you eat meat, you eat meat and one must be stripped of the label vegetarian, because they aren't. Hell for that matter I'm a vegetarian too, I just eat some meat like, steak, pork, chicken, fish, turkey, mutton, etc. but I don't eat people, therefore I'm a vegetarian. That's up there in silly things I've heard.

OK I'm done ...

Menard
« Reply #35 on: March 24, 2007, 04:27:30 PM »

There are vegetarians who will eat meat, but limit it to strictly fish or white meat sources only.

That's a contradiction of terms, you cannot be a VEGETARIAN and EAT MEAT, it's not possible. Yes I know there is a classification definition of those that do eat meat and call themselves vegetarian. IMHO this is nothing more than a self label to feel good about themselves and say "Oh look at me I'm a vegetarian, but I do eat some meat." That's BS! You either eat meat (regardless of selection) or not, period. What else are they Christians that don't believe in Christ? Tea-totaling non drinkers that only drink beer and wine.  If you eat meat, you eat meat and one must be stripped of the label vegetarian, because they aren't. Hell for that matter I'm a vegetarian too, I just eat some meat like, steak, pork, chicken, fish, turkey, mutton, etc. but I don't eat people, therefore I'm a vegetarian. That's up there in silly things I've heard.

OK I'm done ...

Kind of up there with "Dumb things I have said after reading Menard's post and not paying attention".

So, again, I shall repeat what I had said earlier.

The term vegetarian shares the same root word in Latin as does vegetable, which is 'vegetare'; which means 'to make healthy'. Vegetarian does not mean 'someone who eats vegetables' (regardless of what you may want it to mean). It instead means, by definition, someone whose lifestyle (henceforth: diet) is dedicated to their health; that would be regardless of whether they eat meat or not. The term vegetarian, in modern times, has simply become associated with someone who does not eat meat.

I find that just using the term 'vegetarian' saves me a lot of breath when using it as a term to tell someone that I don't eat meat as that is all that registers in their presumptuous minds when they hear the term.

If you don't mind, could you make a list of the things you want me to repeat from my previous post just to save time.
CheezeFlixz

Pathetic Earthlings

« Reply #36 on: March 24, 2007, 05:41:35 PM »

Kind of up there with "Dumb things I have said after reading Menard's post and not paying attention".

The term vegetarian shares the same root word in Latin as does vegetable, which is 'vegetare'; which means 'to make healthy'. Vegetarian does not mean 'someone who eats vegetables' (regardless of what you may want it to mean). It instead means, by definition, someone whose lifestyle (henceforth: diet) is dedicated to their health; that would be regardless of whether they eat meat or not. The term vegetarian, in modern times, has simply become associated with someone who does not eat meat.

I find that just using the term 'vegetarian' saves me a lot of breath when using it as a term to tell someone that I don't eat meat as that is all that registers in their presumptuous minds when they hear the term.

If you don't mind, could you make a list of the things you want me to repeat from my previous post just to save time.

Tomat'oes - to'matoes you said it yourself - MODERN TERMS, since I live in modern times that is the term I use along with 99% of the rest of the world. Now if you want to live in Latin times, more power to you. If you took a poll of what is a vegetarian you'd get a resounding "people that eat only vegetable" answer. And language like the law is based on interpretation and general consensus of the majority. You can split hairs and get technical about it if you wish, if I go to a restaurant and order a vegetarian dish, I've got a $1000, hell I've got $10,000 that says I'll get a dish with NO meat. If I got to the store and buy vegetarian labeled products, guess what it has NO MEAT. It not any gray areas about it. Like I said in modern terms a vegetarian has a non-meat diet. It's not carnivore light, you either are or your aren't.

Repeat yourself all you want, there is NO MEAT in a vegetarian diet regardless of what propaganda the weekend vegetarian want to spread. Even the Vegetarian Society agrees with that and the Mayo Clinic defines vegetarian into 3 groups ...

Vegetarians fall into groups defined by the types of animal-derived foods they eat:

* Vegans eliminate all foods from animals, including meat, poultry, fish, milk, eggs and cheese. They eat only plant-based foods.
    * Lacto-vegetarians consume milk and milk products along with plant-based foods. They omit eggs as well as meat, fish and poultry.
    * Lacto-ovo vegetarians omit red meat, fish and poultry but eat eggs, milk and milk products, such as cheese and yogurt, in addition to plant-based foods.

http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/vegetarian-diet/HQ01596

NOTE that every one OMITTED red meat, fish, poultry ... no exceptions. I'll take the majority and Mayo Clinic over some fringe opinion any day. I found ONE definition in Food Lover's Companion that included fish and chicken, I found tons that did not, Oxford, medical, Barrons, Webster, WordNet and dozens more. Majority rules.

If somebody want to be a vegetarian, great happy for you. More meat for me, but I'm not buying that some vegetarians eat meat sometimes and remain true to their convictions. You either eat meat or you don't.

Menard
« Reply #37 on: March 24, 2007, 06:21:26 PM »

Tomat'oes - to'matoes you said it yourself - MODERN TERMS, since I live in modern times that is the term I use along with 99% of the rest of the world. Now if you want to live in Latin times, more power to you. If you took a poll of what is a vegetarian you'd get a resounding "people that eat only vegetable" answer. And language like the law is based on interpretation and general consensus of the majority. You can split hairs and get technical about it if you wish, if I go to a restaurant and order a vegetarian dish, I've got a $1000, hell I've got $10,000 that says I'll get a dish with NO meat. If I got to the store and buy vegetarian labeled products, guess what it has NO MEAT. It not any gray areas about it. Like I said in modern terms a vegetarian has a non-meat diet. It's not carnivore light, you either are or your aren't.

Repeat yourself all you want, there is NO MEAT in a vegetarian diet regardless of what propaganda the weekend vegetarian want to spread. Even the Vegetarian Society agrees with that and the Mayo Clinic defines vegetarian into 3 groups ...

Vegetarians fall into groups defined by the types of animal-derived foods they eat:

* Vegans eliminate all foods from animals, including meat, poultry, fish, milk, eggs and cheese. They eat only plant-based foods.
    * Lacto-vegetarians consume milk and milk products along with plant-based foods. They omit eggs as well as meat, fish and poultry.
    * Lacto-ovo vegetarians omit red meat, fish and poultry but eat eggs, milk and milk products, such as cheese and yogurt, in addition to plant-based foods.

http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/vegetarian-diet/HQ01596

NOTE that every one OMITTED red meat, fish, poultry ... no exceptions. I'll take the majority and Mayo Clinic over some fringe opinion any day. I found ONE definition in Food Lover's Companion that included fish and chicken, I found tons that did not, Oxford, medical, Barrons, Webster, WordNet and dozens more. Majority rules.

If somebody want to be a vegetarian, great happy for you. More meat for me, but I'm not buying that some vegetarians eat meat sometimes and remain true to their convictions. You either eat meat or you don't.

You can quote a consensus of stupid people who choose to stereotype everything they don't understand and call it a definition all that you want.

Our history is littered with misquotes and misunderstandings:

Fulton's steamboat was not called the Clermont, it's destination was Clermont. Nor did he invent the steamboat (that would be John Fitch).

Bogart never said 'Play it again Sam', he said 'Play it Sam'.

Many misunderstandings have been taught in schools, printed in encyclopedias, and simply handed down. Just because people believe it, does not make it so. Believe all you want that Bogart said 'Play it again Sam', but the next time you watch Casablanca he is still going to say 'Play it Sam'.

Regardless of what you want to believe about a stereotyped misunderstanding of a term, and might I mention 'lifestyle', does not make it so. If I want to understand a Buddhist, I would ask a Buddhist and not you. I can certainly guarantee you that I know more about my lifestyle and vegetarianism than you do.

P.S. I do, slightly  TongueOut, agree with you on one point. I have had people try to tell me that fish is not meat, and it is okay for me to eat it Question. I frankly never understood that, but each to their own. I guess it is my personal opinion that fish are animals, and meat, even though I have had others argue with me vehemently to the contrary.
« Last Edit: March 24, 2007, 06:28:47 PM by Menard » Logged
CheezeFlixz

Pathetic Earthlings

« Reply #38 on: March 24, 2007, 07:31:41 PM »

Quote from: Menard
consensus of stupid people

That's would include the Mayo Clinic, Websters, Oxford Unabridged, WordNet, American Heritage Stedman's Medical Dictionary, Cognitive Science Laboratory at Princeton University, American Medical Association, USDA, to name a very few ... yeah I'll hang with those "stupid people".

Steamboats and Casablanca are nothing but diversions, please.

BUT, it's good to see that "slightly, agree" on one point that fish don't grown on vines.

Menard
« Reply #39 on: March 24, 2007, 08:46:17 PM »

BUT, it's good to see that "slightly, agree" on one point that fish don't grown on vines.

TeddyR
dean

« Reply #40 on: March 24, 2007, 09:49:07 PM »

All this talk about vegetables and vegans and "Weekend Vegetarians" got me thinking of a funny quote I heard when I saw a movie called Shortbus two weeks ago:

"These people spend all night sucking cock and eating ass, and then hit the buffet claiming they're vegan."

Buggedout

------------The password will be: Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« Reply #41 on: March 25, 2007, 07:12:03 PM »

Would flesh eating zombies be considered "humanitarians"? Question
« Last Edit: March 25, 2007, 07:14:06 PM by RCMerchant » Logged

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
Pages: 1 2 [3]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  How Do You Like Your Steak? « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.