Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 09:10:33 AM
713333 Posts in 53056 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  Reader Comments  |  Ultraman: Ultra Operation #1 « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Ultraman: Ultra Operation #1  (Read 17135 times)
Andrew
Administrator
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

I know where my towel is.

« on: March 24, 2007, 12:29:34 PM »

Pilot episode for the TV series.  Hayata's ship collides with the being from Nebula M78, resulting in their combining and becoming one unified monster-fighting hero.

Andrew Borntreger
Badmovies.org
Flangepart

« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2007, 03:13:01 PM »

Ah, but you did not mention the dubbing, Grasshopper. What of the dubbing?

"Aggressivlly eccentric, and proud of it!"
Andrew
Administrator

I know where my towel is.

« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2007, 03:29:07 PM »

Ah, but you did not mention the dubbing, Grasshopper. What of the dubbing?

Oddly, the only time the dubbing or sound caught my attention was when the DVD shifted from English to Japanese.  I think that they used some Japanese parts when the section of the English print was too badly damaged.  It did not occur during this episode, if memory serves, but happens in some of the others.

The reason I failed to notice it could also be due to a steady diet of kaiju films and martial arts flicks.  I have built up a tolerance.

Andrew Borntreger
Badmovies.org
Captain Tars Tarkas
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2007, 02:46:07 AM »

Some of the American airings had a few minutes cut, so there was no dubbings done of those sections, so the DVD reverts to the original soundtrack, as it shows the entire episode.

Xenorama
Dedicated Viewer

define "bad", please

« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2007, 08:04:30 PM »

every line of dialog in was dubbed into English- my boots were all completely dubbed.  because BCI didn't work with TPC to get the materials (due to the Chaiyo nonsense).  so wherever they got their dubs, they only access to the incomplete edited ones.

David

"The length of a film should be directly related to the endurance of the human bladder." ~ Alfred Hitchcock
Project: Marine Boy
Xenorama Message Board
Tsukasa Macleod
« Reply #5 on: March 06, 2008, 10:28:40 PM »

See if you can get your hands on the English dubbing of the other Ultra Series' they're terrible and would make for great reviews.
George
« Reply #6 on: April 06, 2008, 03:03:39 PM »

Okay let me see if remember the them song,"Ultraman,Ultraman,Here he comes from the sky!","Ultraman,Ultraman!,He's our Hero Guy!","In an instant here he comes from a distant plantain,comes our hero Ultraman!".                                                                                              Yes it's Ultraman!,but a riddling controversy Batman,although Ultraman was seen by all of us back in the late 60s & early 70s,this was not the one that started it all!.That's right,according to what I've read and heard,Eiji Tsuburaya,the special effects man from Toho who created Tsuburaya Television,started with either Mirror Man or Ultra Q,if it was in fact Mirror Man,why was it filmed in color and Ultra Q not?.    Anyways way back in the good old days of Saturday Night Monster Movies,this was a regular week day feature,in our first episode the narrator explains the why The Science Patrol was created(listen & see if he doesn't sound like Captain Moura,I think he does),to keep us safe from strange things.                                           Over the Kabora forest Hayata reports sighting two flying objects,unfortunate,or fortunate,(depending on how you look at it),the red ball hits his ship,meantime the blue lands in Loch Ness,(Ah I mean lake Kabora),sighted by a group of campers they rush to the scene to see Hayata dead,then he surrounded by a ball of lite lifted into the air,where,he meets Ultraman.                                                     He explains to Hayata he comes from the galaxy M78,and was going to dispose the monster Bedla on M90,don't ask me where they come with names,anyway Ultraman's sorry he ran into Haytas ship so he give Hayta a Beta Video Recorder,I mean Capsule! to change into Ultraman whenever he needs to.                           This is basically,the formula for the entire 39 classic Honeymooners,or I mean Ultraman episodes(sad to say not all are as good as they should of been),as the rest of the story goes,The Patrol and everyone else searches for Hayata,encounter Nessie,I mean Bedla,Hayata contacts Fuji,who's the Emma Peelson of Japan,and informs her to send the sub to the lake.                                                          He looks for the thing underwater while the rest of the Patrol use the flying Vole is seen in Gorath to attack the thing should it surface!,it does with the sub in it mouth,Bedla throws it down chases the Patrol away with its ray then wants to flatten the sub.                                                                                           It's here Hayata changes into Ultralman,everyone's stunned by the sudden appearance of spaceman but he's fighting Bedla so it's ok,as far as Bedla goes,his arms are small tree twigs,he has that ray and upperbody strength,but in the end Ultraman breaks his back throws him into the water where he turns into that ball again,Ultraman uses his Mray to destroy it,and afterward fly back to the sun,he can only stay on Earth a few minutes because he gets energy for monster fighting from sunlight,(to bad he never met the energizer bunny hey!).                            After all is said and done,Hayata meets with the Patrol and they ask him if that man from space is one who saved him. He says yes but now he can't leave Earth because he lost his spaceship. Ide ask Hayata what the mans name is,Ultraman,for Ide that sound Ultragood,the captain declares Hayata a very lucky man,and Hayata knows that better than anyone.                                                                                      Sad to say that not all Ultra episodes where as good as they should of been,we want to see Ultraman fighting with monsters and giant space aliens,unfortunately some fights didn't last long as others,but that's for future reviews,still all and all Ultraman was the first,and still the best,eventually though we would begin to see another Ultraman like show,Johnny Sokko and His Flying Robot,now there's anotherone for the TV Review Board to review!.
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  Reader Comments  |  Ultraman: Ultra Operation #1 « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.