Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 01:20:04 AM
713383 Posts in 53058 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  The Garbage Pail Kids Movie « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: The Garbage Pail Kids Movie  (Read 7273 times)
Andrew
Administrator
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

I know where my towel is.

« Reply #15 on: March 26, 2007, 07:29:58 PM »

Oh, I completely understood that you were tweaking my nose.  I think that sometimes I have a hard time turning off Marine Andrew - something that you all have dinged me on before.

Still, it is saying something when scrubbing cheese off a plate is preferable to the "entertainment" that I am watching.

EDIT:  This is what I get for trying to type posts before the children are asleep.
« Last Edit: March 28, 2007, 11:53:53 AM by Andrew » Logged

Andrew Borntreger
Badmovies.org
Zapranoth
Eye of Sauron and

« Reply #16 on: March 27, 2007, 02:08:59 AM »

It's the difference between the pain you can understand, and the pain that defies understanding.
Mr. DS
Master Of Cinematic Bowel Movements
B-Movie Kraken

Get this thread cleaned up or YOU'RE FIRED!!!

« Reply #17 on: March 28, 2007, 11:34:56 AM »

Few points of interest (or is that uninterest) in this movie.  One is the fact I aboslutely HATED Dodger.  Whenever he was getting the snot beat out of him I was in hysterics laughing.  The kid was so whiny.  I remember at the end when he told off the girl by saying something along the lines of "you're mean". 

Secondly, a fashion show is simply an odd thing to build around a movie based on a collector card. 

Lastly, Nat Nerd wetting himself happens several times in the flick.  All of which were unfunny. 

DarkSider's Realm
http://darksidersrealm.blogspot.com/

"You think the honey badger cares?  It doesn't give a sh*t."  Randall
Fausto
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #18 on: March 28, 2007, 11:51:28 AM »

I saw this a while back...the whole fashion show angle seemed a bit weird to me, too...I did a review on my myspace blog, but it has since been deleted. One thing to look out for: this film, like pee wee's big andventure and howard the duck, had a bar scene involving a character walking on the bar itself (that was apparently a big thing in the 80's).  Drink

"When I die, I hope you will use my body creatively." - Shin Chan

"Tonight, we will honor the greatest writers in America with a modest 9 by 12 certificate and a check for three thousand dollars...three thousand dollars? Stephen King makes more than that for writing boo on a cocktail napkin." - Jimmy Breslin
Andrew
Administrator

« Reply #19 on: March 28, 2007, 11:55:56 AM »

Lastly, Nat Nerd wetting himself happens several times in the flick.  All of which were unfunny. 

They did that with several gags, but the water pouring out of his suit was definitely a forlorn joke. 

Interesting point, Trevor.  And all of those people walking on the bars were "vertically challenged."

Andrew Borntreger
Badmovies.org
TheSinisterQuinn
Dedicated Viewer

Fiend Extraordinaire

« Reply #20 on: March 28, 2007, 01:29:46 PM »

Thanks for the welcome Andrew.

and as for pain....... I DO have almost every series of the darn card collection in full........ I think the pain of viewing such an atrocity is in order.

hehehehe, i've seen some pretty BAD stuff already. I'll just brace myself for spooning my eyes out mid flick.
Dennis
Yes, it's true, absolutely true. I am a

I'm sorry, did I break your concentration?

« Reply #21 on: March 28, 2007, 07:59:59 PM »

Due to Katie's work schedule, I end up cleaning up after dinner, giving the kids their bath, putting them to bed, etc. 

I believe that we had eaten stuffed peppers that night and, hence, the dishes involved were soaked for a bit.  The dishes are always done before I go to bed.  The dishes from tonight are all done.
Well you were a very good boy tonight...I hope you know I was teasing you. It made me laugh because my better half uses the excuse that the dishes are soaking all the time. Usually I do them, but there are times I'll wait around,  he'll go in and start filling the sink to let them soak and says he'll do them a little later. Next thing I know it's morning and there he is doing the dishes. Anyway you made my day when I read that.  BounceGiggle

See Andrew, you do this and it makes her day, I do it and she says something like "you crack me up, it's so stupid, just do the *&*^% dishes and your finished with it, then watch the movie. Smile Smile Smile

Dish washing aside, I have to say that getting the kids (kid in my case) ready for bed and getting them to sleep is one of the high points of a father's day, sometimes I miss having the little one to read to and then tuck in. Bluesad

Reach for the heavens in hope for the future for all that we can be, not what we are. Henry John Deutschendorf Jr.
rebel_1812
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #22 on: March 29, 2007, 12:36:10 AM »

i saw this one while high and thought it was quite funny.

Joe
Bad Movie Lover

What are you afraid of? It's only rock n' roll.

« Reply #23 on: March 29, 2007, 06:30:53 AM »

Interesting point, Trevor.  And all of those people walking on the bars were "vertically challenged."

not pee wee  TongueOut

i saw this one while high and thought it was quite funny.

ive viewed it one time high as well and i was cracking up for the first part of it (when they came out of the can i was actually a little freaked out i was so ripped) then i started to burn out and it started to get painful, it was like novacaine wearing off after youve just got teeth pulled.
Andrew
Administrator

« Reply #24 on: March 29, 2007, 05:18:43 PM »

not pee wee  TongueOut

You know, I had always taken it that Paul Reubens was rather short.  The IMDB states that he is 5'10".  I stand corrected and thank you.

Andrew Borntreger
Badmovies.org
Pages: 1 [2]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  The Garbage Pail Kids Movie « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.