Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 18, 2024, 09:43:07 PM
712916 Posts in 53040 Topics by 7722 Members
Latest Member: GenevaBarr
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Entertainment  |  Vanilla Ice needs professional help!... « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Vanilla Ice needs professional help!...  (Read 9532 times)
D-Man
Bad Movie Lover

Only my head is tiny...

« on: March 25, 2007, 10:17:27 PM »

I've been watching "Surreal Life: Fame Games" on VH1, and just got to the finale.  Rob Van Winkle, AKA Vanilla Ice, flipped out over the smallest thing, and despite the fact that this was a game, it didn't stop him from destroying most of the set in a frightening tirade.  I'm not a big fan of Ron Jeremy, but Rob had no business in nearly smashing his head in with a drum set over what is ultimately a trivial matter, turning on his friend and screaming "Backstabber!" to his face. 

It absolutely makes me sick to my stomach, especially when you consider that this guy has a wife and kids...think about that for a moment...would you want to live with a guy who acts like he does?  If I were his neighbor I'd either call the cops on him, or maybe convince one of those UFC guys he likes to try and buddy up with to kick his ass.  It's really uncalled for. 

Normally I love outrageous behavior as a means to promote reality TV, if nothing because it's entertaining...but this wasn't like that...this was disturbing. 

Oh...I found some more info...got it off Wikipedia, but still worth bringing up:

Van Winkle was arrested by police in Davie, Florida in January 2001 for assaulting his wife. According to the criminal complaint, they got into an argument as they drove on Interstate 595, with Ice allegedly pulling the hair from his wife's head. He pleaded guilty to charges of disorderly conduct in April 2001 and was sentenced to probation and ordered to attend family therapy sessions
« Last Edit: March 25, 2007, 10:26:51 PM by D-Man » Logged
Zapranoth
Eye of Sauron and
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2007, 10:42:05 PM »

Yeah, you mean
Small | Large

D-Man
Bad Movie Lover

Only my head is tiny...

« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2007, 10:47:56 PM »

^ Not the same show, but the same basic idea, yeah...that clip you posted was entertaining, while what I saw tonight was horrifying...but one thing that clip does is show that he's got a history of this behavior. 
Ash

23 Year Badmovies.org Veteran

« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2007, 12:35:52 AM »

I remember a few years ago when MTV tried to do a show in which Rob tried to reinvent himself.
They proposed several ideas that were actually quite good, but Ice rejected every single one of them.
His objections and reasons for doing so often didn't really make any sense.

I agree...the guy does have some serious issues he needs to work out in his mind.

On a side note...
Remember when he switched from rap to alt-metal in the late 90's?
I got to see him in concert in Iowa City in 1999 and you know what?  He wasn't bad.
He actually rocked the house to a sold out crowd and I had a good time.   Smile

So I know he's got talent onstage...he just needs to figure out his image...if it can be saved at all.

« Last Edit: March 26, 2007, 04:21:32 AM by Ash » Logged
Him
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2007, 08:40:20 AM »

I've been watching "Surreal Life: Fame Games" on VH1, and just got to the finale.  Rob Van Winkle, AKA Vanilla Ice, flipped out over the smallest thing, and despite the fact that this was a game, it didn't stop him from destroying most of the set in a frightening tirade.  I'm not a big fan of Ron Jeremy, but Rob had no business in nearly smashing his head in with a drum set over what is ultimately a trivial matter, turning on his friend and screaming "Backstabber!" to his face. 

I saw that. Makes you wish someone would just knock Vanilla Ice out. He only acts like that in front of people (women) he knows he can over power.

Speaking of women, Tracey Bingham is super hot.  Twirling
Yaddo 42

Where's that brick.......

« Reply #5 on: March 27, 2007, 12:39:22 AM »

I saw the YouTube clip above when it first aired. I always figured the MTV producers put him up to that tirade, and just neglected (on purpose) to tell the other members of the group, to provoke a reaction when he destroyed more than just the tape which was "supposed" to be the original ending of that show. The tape of the "number one worst video of all time" was supposed to be destroyed on air. Like MTV played anything that old regularly anyway, or they couldn't find another one if they wanted it.

But what you posted doesn't surprise me, he always came off as a jerk who made good and held onto his money unlike a lot of flash in the pan stars.

If the stories are true, Vanilla Ice played a frat party in my town around the time he went alt-metal like Ash posted. This was before he debuted the new image nationally, although the person who told me about it kept talking how he had a "new sound" without explaining it was change in genres rather than just updating his rap sound to what was then popular. Which is what I thought he meant and wondered why Ice would be playing in a small town in Alabama unless he was really hard up for money, which I had heard he wasn't. I knew about his motocross phase, and had see him on TV seeming to still be living well even as a hasbeen performer.

blah blah stuff blah blah obscure pop culture reference blah blah clever turn of phrase blah blah bad pun blah blah bad link blah blah zzzz.....
Torgo

« Reply #6 on: April 04, 2007, 10:45:15 PM »

"There is no way out of here. It'll be dark soon. There is no way out of here."
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Entertainment  |  Vanilla Ice needs professional help!... « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.