Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 18, 2024, 11:43:31 PM
712920 Posts in 53040 Topics by 7722 Members
Latest Member: GenevaBarr
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Press Releases and Film News  |  Attack Of the Giant Leeches to be re-made.... « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Attack Of the Giant Leeches to be re-made....  (Read 14715 times)
Joe
Bad Movie Lover

What are you afraid of? It's only rock n' roll.

« on: March 22, 2007, 06:48:42 AM »

Brett Kelly, the Canadian director of the BONESETTER movies, MY DEAD GIRLFRIEND and the recently wrapped creature feature PREY FOR THE BEAST, gave Fango the scoop that he’s joining the remake brigade for his next project. He’s currently in preproduction on THE GIANT LEECHES, an update of the 1959 Roger Corman production a.k.a. ATTACK OF THE GIANT LEECHES, which was scripted by Jeff O’Brien, whose credits include PREY and the giant-bug flick INSECTICIDAL. “I got a taste of creature features with PREY FOR THE BEAST,” Kelly tells Fango, and I’m looking forward to reteaming with Jeff for some bloodsucking fun! This movie promises to be a sexy, gory romp that will tip its hat to the movies of the ’50s and ’60s, but still provide scares for modern audiences.”

GIANT LEECHES will roll this summer, once Kelly has finished up production on his current project PIRATES OF SNAKE ISLAND. Says O’Brien, “Brett currently has KINGDOM OF THE VAMPIRE and PREY in post and PIRATES in prep, so he had some time on his hands, and it was the right moment to start another project. This will be the second old-school monster movie I’ve written for Brett, and it’s really refreshing to work on: a simple story with fun characters, much like the old drive-in films of the ’50s—sexed up, gored up and maybe a little camped up, of course.” He adds, “Leeches are disgusting and big leeches are even more disgusting, so there will be no shortage of blood-bloated nasties in this one.”

Tempe Video will release KINGDOM later this year, and Kelly is currently in talks with several distributors regarding PREY; you can read more about the latter movie here. —Michael Gingold

is it just me or does any one else absolutly despise the word "sexy" when describing a movie that in all really has nothing to do with sex or sexiness for that matter? it makes me doubletake and get this weird feeling like , "why the f**k would you say that?"

Doc Daneeka
The Game is Finished?
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

It's neVer over!

« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2007, 06:34:54 AM »

Brett Kelly, the Canadian director of the BONESETTER movies, MY DEAD GIRLFRIEND and the recently wrapped creature feature PREY FOR THE BEAST,
Who?
gave Fango the scoop that he’s joining the remake brigade for his next project. He’s currently in preproduction on THE GIANT LEECHES, an update of the 1959 Roger Corman production a.k.a. ATTACK OF THE GIANT LEECHES,
My God, thank you! Do you realize how long I have been waiting for this? And with a title like that it's sure to kill at the box office!
which was scripted by Jeff O’Brien, whose credits include PREY and the giant-bug flick INSECTICIDAL.
And ignoring the fact that he wasn't involved in any film called PREY, gives him a grand total 4 other masterpieces including GHOST IN A TEENY BIKINI
“I got a taste of creature features with PREY FOR THE BEAST,” Kelly tells Fango,
What?
and I’m looking forward to reteaming with Jeff for some bloodsucking fun! This movie promises to be a sexy, gory romp that will tip its hat to the movies of the ’50s and ’60s,
Like that new Laurel and Hardy did for the 30s! And BTW, the sex is all supposed to be in the poster
but still provide scares for modern audiences.”
A lot of "things sneaking up behind people only to be revealed to be a friend and then another thing approaching in front of people with an axe."
GIANT LEECHES will roll this summer, once Kelly has finished up production on his current project PIRATES OF SNAKE ISLAND.
Oh, I'm liking this guy
Says O’Brien, “Brett currently has KINGDOM OF THE VAMPIRE and PREY in post and PIRATES in prep, so he had some time on his hands,
So he bought hookers for all of us?!? No?
and it was the right moment to start another project.
Don't do that stupid Leech one, ok?
This will be the second old-school monster movie I’ve written for Brett,
After SPACEMEN, GO-GO GIRLS AND THE GREAT EASTER HUNT?
and it’s really refreshing to work on: a simple story with fun characters,
Much like the s**tty movies they make today? No, that's simple charaters with simple stories
much like the old drive-in films of the ’50s—sexed up, gored up and maybe a little camped up, of course.”
Oh, just like Susperia or Friday the 13th?
He adds, “Leeches are disgusting and big leeches are even more disgusting, so there will be no shortage of blood-bloated nasties in this one.”
But they're disgusting!
Tempe Video will release KINGDOM later this year
Finally, the critically renowned surreal hospital dramedy is coming to American DVD!,
and Kelly is currently in talks with several distributors regarding PREY;
Don't do it guys! He's trying to trick you!
you can read more about the latter movie here.
On a site named Badmovies.com

Quote from: Joe
is it just me or does any one else absolutly despise the word "sexy" when describing a movie that in all really has nothing to do with sex or sexiness for that matter? it makes me doubletake and get this weird feeling like , "why the f**k would you say that?"
Did you see the movie "LEECHES!"? That was sexy and I hope we can expect the same level of sexiness from this movie.

https://www.youtube.com/user/silverspherechannel
For the latest on the fifth installment in Don Coscarelli's Phantasm saga.
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2007, 07:53:00 AM »

Dammit! Another AIP classic....defiled by clueless idiots! 
   The original had Yvette Vickers....now THAT'S "sexy"...!!! Growwwl-Rawr!

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
Jordan
B-Movie Site Webmaster
Bad Movie Lover

Thunderball Fists?! I can have such a thing?!

« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2007, 12:10:53 PM »

This one was due for an update methinks and after seeing Brett Kelly's "Spacemen & Go Go Girls" movies, I think he'll do an ok job with it. The guy has a great sense of humor and I think we'll see that in "The Giant Leeches." And why is everyone up in arms anyway? "Attack of the Giant Leeches" is (in my opinion) hard to sit through without Joel and the bots poking fun at it. Give it a chance is all I'm saying.  TeddyR

-----
The Vault Master
Caretaker of The B-Movie Film Vault
-----
Yaddo 42
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Where's that brick.......

« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2007, 02:36:32 AM »

"Sexy" = naked babes, so the R rating will spell out there's nudity in the warning box, guaranteeing at least a few rentals.

"Bloody" = we'll use lots of fake blood (karo syrup+food coloring) and a few gore effects if we can afford it.

Eh, Corman remade/reused stuff from his own flicks so I can't get worked up over someone else redoing his stuff. Surprised he didn't do it himself by now. Unless it's owned by someone else, who owns the old AIP flicks anyway or the remake rights to them?

And RCMerchant get a karma for posting that photo. Hotcha! I need to see that movie again, I remember so little of it. Shame on me for forgetting a hottie like that.

blah blah stuff blah blah obscure pop culture reference blah blah clever turn of phrase blah blah bad pun blah blah bad link blah blah zzzz.....
Jordan
B-Movie Site Webmaster
Bad Movie Lover

Thunderball Fists?! I can have such a thing?!

« Reply #5 on: March 28, 2007, 11:56:16 AM »

Actually I believe "Attack of the Giant Leeches" is in the public domain, as Alpha Video and numerous other budget DVD companies have releases this title, along with "The Giant Gila Monster," "The Killer Shrews," and several Roger Corman flicks.

-----
The Vault Master
Caretaker of The B-Movie Film Vault
-----
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Press Releases and Film News  |  Attack Of the Giant Leeches to be re-made.... « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.