Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 16, 2024, 03:07:07 PM
714160 Posts in 53091 Topics by 7732 Members
Latest Member: Larryfiste
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Good Movies  |  The Science of Sleep « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: The Science of Sleep  (Read 6999 times)
SaintMort
Bad Movie Lover

« on: March 27, 2007, 09:22:28 PM »

I just finished watching this and waht more can I say but WOW! This film was brilliantly done, written, edited, ect

I've always loved Michael Gondry's work (specifically his music videos) and I think that's why I love this movie... because it's one big dream and looks like a music video.
KYGOTC
Corprate slimeball of E.E.S.
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Be EXELLENT to each other...and PARTY ON DUDES!!

« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2007, 11:37:33 PM »

I really want to see this. I also need to see Eternal Sunshine.

"I'm a man too, you know! I go pee-pee standing up!"
Yaddo 42

Where's that brick.......

« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2007, 05:25:02 AM »

LIked both films, but this one a little less since the ending disappointed me. I was glad it didn't go for the standard happy ending but it rubbed me the wrong way for some reason.

Cool "inventions" though, and how he used them. I liked the visuals as well, very dreamlike and nice to see old-style visual effects used so effectively.

blah blah stuff blah blah obscure pop culture reference blah blah clever turn of phrase blah blah bad pun blah blah bad link blah blah zzzz.....
Mofo Rising
Global Moderator

My cat can eat a whole watermelon!

« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2007, 03:38:48 PM »

I didn't care for this one so much.  I summed it up to a coworker as "young man with paper maché imagination neuroticizes about neighbor girl".  I kept hoping the young man would break out of his obsessive head, but I guess that wouldn't lend itself to the film's construction.

I did enjoy the interactions between the guy and the girl whenever the movie got around to them.  They had a simple honesty to them that you don't see in movies often enough.

Every dead body that is not exterminated becomes one of them. It gets up and kills. The people it kills, get up and kill.
LegionOfPuppets
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2007, 03:33:41 PM »

I actually loved this movie. Gael Garcia Bernal is a genius. I have a giant poster of this film in my room.
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Good Movies  |  The Science of Sleep « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.