Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 05:12:54 PM
714379 Posts in 53096 Topics by 7742 Members
Latest Member: KathleneKa
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Dropped a pan on my toe! « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Dropped a pan on my toe!  (Read 12244 times)
Raffine
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #15 on: September 07, 2007, 01:16:34 PM »

Never kick with your toes. 

Yep, it was just my bare shin bone against his bare toe bone. I don't think toes are much good for anything.

Good gravy!! Your buddy kicked you-while ranting?! Your pal poured hot peanut brittle on his foot?!  What kinda loonatics do you hang out with?!?! 

Just your average "Usual Gang of Idiots" here in rural Tennessee!

If you're an Andy Milligan fan there's no hope for you.
Allhallowsday
B-Movie Kraken

Either he's dead or my watch has stopped!

« Reply #16 on: September 07, 2007, 05:46:57 PM »

Yep, it was just my bare shin bone against his bare toe bone. I don't think toes are much good for anything.
Well, they do help us to stand upright and come in handy for walking...

I had crushed my right thumb in a door jamb--twice--more than 30 years ago.  The nail fell off after turning purple and never grew back right... if medical attention can help your toenail grow back right, I urge you to consider it.  That bad thumbnail has been a small curse my whole adult life. 

If you want to view paradise . . . simply look around and view it!
Raffine

« Reply #17 on: September 07, 2007, 09:48:19 PM »

Well, they do help us to stand upright and come in handy for walking...

Isn't nature supposed to be evolving our toes right off our feet? Maybe one day people with have something like Barbie or G.I. Joe feet. If the five toenails combine together like some kind of hoof, they'd be finally useful for kicking non-attentive companions.

I did know a guy in school who had six toes on one foot. Whatta throwback!

If you Google "six toes" you'll discover there is some kind of trend out there in internet-land regarding rumors of certain celebrities having six toes including:
Marilyn Monroe
Oprah Winfrey
Halle Berry
Kate Hudson

Some kill-joy skeptic claims Oprah's alledged sixth toe is actually a bunion.

I don't know if it's a freak toe or a bunion, but for a billionaire, Oprah sure has some ugly feet.

If you're an Andy Milligan fan there's no hope for you.
Allhallowsday
B-Movie Kraken

Either he's dead or my watch has stopped!

« Reply #18 on: September 07, 2007, 10:02:37 PM »

I don't know if it's a freak toe or a bunion, but for a billionaire, Oprah sure has some ugly feet.
I've seen uglier.

If you want to view paradise . . . simply look around and view it!
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« Reply #19 on: September 08, 2007, 02:57:00 AM »

My wifey had to have an extra toe removed as a child...and the making of one on her other foot that never formed still needs work.   She has ugly feet! But a beautiful heart! My mother has some horrendous feet! The middle toe on each foot iis the longest! Which looks real creepy! My big toe toenails need to be cut with wire cutters...their thick and yellow...they  look like Larry Talbot's toenails...! This is kinda making me sick!!!  BounceGiggle

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
Dennis
Yes, it's true, absolutely true. I am a

I'm sorry, did I break your concentration?

« Reply #20 on: September 09, 2007, 10:30:57 AM »

At the first lumber yard I worked at one of the forklift drivers, with a little help from me, managed to run over my left foot and ankle, not all the way, they got stuck under the right rear wheel and acted like a block, actually stopped the lift truck's forward motion. This was a very painful experience to say the least, at the ER I was told that x-rays showed that I had really bad sprain of my foot and ankle, was wrapped in ace bandage, given a pair of crutches and a prescription for pain relievers and sent home. It was about 7 - 8 weeks before I could walk without a limp, and when ever it's cold my ankle hurts. Fast forward about 25 years, working in the office now, during inventory as I stepped off a rack of molding that I'd been counting I turned my left ankle, it started to swell and get painful so I went to the industrial clinic. They x-rayed my ankle, the doctor comes back to the examining room with the x-ray, tells me my ankle is sprained and then says he has something interesting to show me. We're looking at the x-ray and he says at some point a long time ago you ankle was broken and it never healed correctly, the bones are only back together in this small area, what you have is a fractured ankle, but we can fix it if you want us to. I asked him how and he said they would just break my ankle again, then put it in a cast for 8 weeks. I declined his offer.

Reach for the heavens in hope for the future for all that we can be, not what we are. Henry John Deutschendorf Jr.
BTM

« Reply #21 on: September 09, 2007, 11:09:27 PM »

We're looking at the x-ray and he says at some point a long time ago you ankle was broken and it never healed correctly, the bones are only back together in this small area, what you have is a fractured ankle, but we can fix it if you want us to. I asked him how and he said they would just break my ankle again, then put it in a cast for 8 weeks. I declined his offer.

So, they screwed up fixing it the first time around?  Wow. 

Guess as long as your ankle doesn't bother you normally, I'd decline that "fix" as well. 

"Some people mature, some just get older." -Andrew Vachss
Jack
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #22 on: September 10, 2007, 07:26:37 AM »

On Saturday I was in the laundry room putting a piece of cardboard behind the drier, to block the cat from being able to crawl down into the sump pump area.  The cat is white and grey and of course it's pretty dirty down by that pump.  So anyhow, I've got an X-acto knife to cut the cardboard, and I set it on top of the drier.  I have to move the drier a little farther to get behind it, so of course the knife falls off.  An X-acto knife isn't a particularly aerodynamic object, I would think the chances would be about 99% that it would fall on its side, or blunt end first.  What do you suppose the chances are that it would fall blade end down, perfectly balanced so as to focus the entire weight of the shaft right on top of the blade?  On top of my foot?  Right into the big bone on the inside of the foot, for maximum impact.  It didn't really hurt (though there was some blood), just made me chuckle at the odds of that happening.  Now I've got a nice 1" diameter perfectly round bruise with a little red dot in the middle.

Oh well, that was nothing compared to when I ran over the hornet's nest with the lawn mower a couple of weeks ago.   TeddyR 

The world is changed by your example, not by your opinion.

- Paulo Coelho
Dennis
Yes, it's true, absolutely true. I am a

I'm sorry, did I break your concentration?

« Reply #23 on: September 10, 2007, 08:29:34 AM »

We're looking at the x-ray and he says at some point a long time ago you ankle was broken and it never healed correctly, the bones are only back together in this small area, what you have is a fractured ankle, but we can fix it if you want us to. I asked him how and he said they would just break my ankle again, then put it in a cast for 8 weeks. I declined his offer.

So, they screwed up fixing it the first time around?  Wow. 

Guess as long as your ankle doesn't bother you normally, I'd decline that "fix" as well. 

It only hurts when it's cold, only time it really bothered me was surfing, it would get so painful that I would have to get out of the water.
I haven't been surfing for a number of years so it's not really a problem.

Reach for the heavens in hope for the future for all that we can be, not what we are. Henry John Deutschendorf Jr.
Andrew
Administrator

I know where my towel is.

« Reply #24 on: September 10, 2007, 09:05:38 AM »

What do you suppose the chances are that it would fall blade end down, perfectly balanced so as to focus the entire weight of the shaft right on top of the blade? 

Pretty good, for some reason.  I had a Marine do the same thing to me with a Benchmade tanto-point, assisted-opening knife once.  He was above me, dropped it, and it hit me point down into the arm.  I was able to look at it, still sticking out of my bicep, and make a noise ("Arrrggghhh!") before it twisted over and fell out.  It was only in the muscle, not the bone, but that was a little painful.

The LCpl was apologetic.

Andrew Borntreger
Badmovies.org
Pages: 1 [2]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Dropped a pan on my toe! « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.