Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 04:08:36 AM
713324 Posts in 53055 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Dating Advice? « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7
Author Topic: Dating Advice?  (Read 44416 times)
HappyGilmore
B-Movie Kraken

I know Quack-Fu.

« Reply #75 on: August 12, 2007, 10:08:45 PM »

I never got that, i'm a grown a$$ adult who can decide if i wanna drink. I think it makes the drinkers feel more comfortable for some reason, gives them someone to rag on. I've actually been to parties and decided i didn't want to get smashed so I didn't drink and had people make an entire ordeal out of the fact i wasn't drinking. When i'm drinking i never come down on someone who isn't, in fact i'm the one defending them and telling everyone else to mind their own business. I respect free choice

BUT, it is the social lubricant. I would just be wary of it on first dates. It can make people obnoxious, it can also also make people like eachother who would normally not like eachother more sober. A great first date is one where you don't "have to" drink because you're having enough fun as it is. You can also tell when the date isn't going well one one party suggests to go to a bar and get some drinks. In other words "it really sucks being around you sober, but maybe you'll put out after a few beers"

I pretty much agree with that. 

Although, I can't say much based off of experience.

"The path to Heaven runs through miles of clouded Hell."

Don’t get too close, it’s dark inside.
It’s where my demons hide, it’s where my demons hide.
JaseSF
Super Space Age Freaky Geek
B-Movie Kraken

Soon, your brain will turn to jelly.

« Reply #76 on: August 13, 2007, 01:31:17 PM »

Yeah it's pretty sad and desperate when a guy actually tries to drug (alcohol is a drug after all) his potential lady friend looking for favors.  Of course it all depends on whether said female minds or not...

In the past women have actually made advances towards me but honestly it kinds of weirded me out when it happened and I couldn't get away from these women fast enough. It didn't help that it occured in public places and in somewhat embarrassing fashion. Sadder still, the women in question were actually very attractive.
« Last Edit: August 13, 2007, 07:35:56 PM by JaseSF » Logged

"This above all: To thine own self be true!"
BTM
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #77 on: August 13, 2007, 08:39:45 PM »

Women are attracted to men with children in public because when they are without the wife it portrays a very nurturing characteristic women want. Women like men who love their kids, not just who father them, and when they do daddy things with their kids it gets them attention. Then they go home and beat their husbands and say "why can't you be more like that? How come you never wanna take little jr out shopping??"

I think it depends on the age of the women, I think if they're like mid twenties or older, then that's true, but I now a young man (about twenty) who told me how a lot fo girls lost interest in him as soon they found out he had a son (cute little one year old, too.) 

Granted, maybe it they had SEEN the boy first, rather than just hearing about him, it'd have the opposite effect...

"Some people mature, some just get older." -Andrew Vachss
BTM

« Reply #78 on: August 13, 2007, 08:42:42 PM »

I thought it might be a fun, and possibly even educational, idea to have a thread where dating advice is given

Oh, I thought of another nugget of wisdom I got from the tv series Titus (good show, BTW, look up the DVDS.)  Titus' dad gives him this advice on women...

"Son, you're aiming too high!  When I go into a bar, I don't go for the ten, I got for the six and drink till she's a nine!"

Twirling Twirling Cheers

Hammock Rider

« Reply #79 on: August 14, 2007, 11:13:51 AM »

As usual, the answers to life's problems can be found in an episode of "King of the Hill".

In one episode, Bobby was broken hearted because his girlfriend broke up with him. His parents tried everything to console him but to no avail. Finally, they turned to Boomhauer,the resident ladie's man, to help Bobby find a new girl. Boomhauer agreed to take Bobby under his wing.

Bobby and Boom drove to a local mall where Boomhauer proceeded to hit on women. Dozens of women. Dozens and dozens of women. Although he was rejected most of the time, he did collect a few numbers. That was his secret;perseverence. AND he did't take it personally when he was rejected

I take all my advice from animated sitcoms. That's probably why my wife has tall blue hair and I brake my car with my bare feet.

Jumping Kings and Making Haste Ain't my Cup of Meat
BTM

« Reply #80 on: August 14, 2007, 03:59:58 PM »

In one episode, Bobby was broken hearted because his girlfriend broke up with him. His parents tried everything to console him but to no avail. Finally, they turned to Boomhauer,the resident ladie's man, to help Bobby find a new girl. Boomhauer agreed to take Bobby under his wing.

Did he ever hook up with Con Jr?  I remember an ep where Con Senior bans Bobby from seeing his daughter.  At one point Bobbie goes to the garage to get a ladder so we can climb up to Con Jr's window. He's looking at the ladders (there's three ladders on the wall) when suddenly the light comes on and Hank is standing there in the doorway.  He looks at Bobby, looks at the ladders, looks over at Con Jr's window, and just goes, "I think the six footer out to do it."

Really loved that moment, Hank giving his tacit approval to their relationship.

Haven't the show regular;y in a long time though.. maybe I should look up the DVDS on Netflix...

Oh, BTW, if you're unfamiliar with the show, Con Jr is FEMALE, but for some her dad named her after himself.  (Think we're told once it's because he wanted a boy...)
« Last Edit: August 15, 2007, 02:27:11 PM by BTM » Logged

HappyGilmore
B-Movie Kraken

I know Quack-Fu.

« Reply #81 on: August 14, 2007, 10:29:47 PM »

I think Bobby and Khan did get together eventually.  I don't think they are anymore, but for a bit I think they were. 

I've been trying to watch a bunch of the reruns.  I forgot how good it was.

JaseSF
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #82 on: August 15, 2007, 08:46:36 PM »

When I look at most women, I find myself laughing inside. Why? Because more often than not, they remind me of some Hollywood starlet past or present or even more often, of a cartoon or storybook character.  Hmm, should I tell that cashier she reminds me of Peppermint Patty (in a good way) ?

Susan
« Reply #83 on: August 15, 2007, 08:50:23 PM »

When I look at most women, I find myself laughing inside. Why? Because more often than not, they remind me of some Hollywood starlet past or present or even more often, of a cartoon or storybook character.  Hmm, should I tell that cashier she reminds me of Peppermint Patty (in a good way) ?

jase, just be sure she's actually a lesbian before you tell her
JaseSF
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #84 on: August 15, 2007, 09:22:21 PM »

Hmm, there's nothing cuter than an offended female  BounceGiggle .

JaseSF
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #85 on: September 05, 2007, 10:30:56 PM »

Doncha hate it when this happens to you as a guy? Makes you want to kick yourself in the arse and say "Be a Man!"

You like a girl. You really like a girl. You approach said girl and try and think of something, anything to say. Your mind goes blank. Panic and sweat begins to take hold. You're searching for something to do, to say. You get that sinking feeling. Then suddenly you realize the chance has passed you by and most often said girl ain't giving you another. Never a good sign when said girl looks embarrassed and seems to want to get rid of you as fast as she can. Sadly the more attracted a man is to a woman, the more likely this seems to happen to him. Bluesad
« Last Edit: September 06, 2007, 12:56:42 PM by JaseSF » Logged

HappyGilmore
B-Movie Kraken

I know Quack-Fu.

« Reply #86 on: September 06, 2007, 08:36:17 PM »

Very true.  There's this girl I felt like that about.  We were even friends for the past ten years.  Sadly, she started seeing some guy and hasn't talked to me in a month.

trekgeezer

We're all just victims of circumstance

« Reply #87 on: September 06, 2007, 09:09:44 PM »

Doncha hate it when this happens to you as a guy? Makes you want to kick yourself in the arse and say "Be a Man!"

You like a girl. You really like a girl. You approach said girl and try and think of something, anything to say. Your mind goes blank. Panic and sweat begins to take hold. You're searching for something to do, to say. You get that sinking feeling. Then suddenly you realize the chance has passed you by

What's really bad is when you like someone and they feel the same way (only neither is sure how the other feels) and when you see each other both of you are so dumb-struck that neither of you can say anything intelligible.

And you thought Trek isn't cool.
nshumate
B-Movie Site Webmaster
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #88 on: September 06, 2007, 10:00:37 PM »

You like a girl. You really like a girl. You approach said girl and try and think of something, anything to say. Your mind goes blank. Panic and sweat begins to take hold. You're searching for something to do, to say. You get that sinking feeling. Then suddenly you realize the chance has passed you by

What's really bad is when you like someone and they feel the same way (only neither is sure how the other feels) and when you see each other both of you are so dumb-struck that neither of you can say anything intelligible.

Which is great, if you're both into wookiees.  "Aaaaauggggh!"  "Aooorrraauggh!"

(Married fourteen years and aaaaaaaaain't missing the single scene.)

Nathan Shumate
Cold Fusion Video Reviews
Sci-fi, Horror, and General Whoopass
Susan
« Reply #89 on: September 07, 2007, 07:45:23 AM »

[youtube=425,350]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=deXyDI1T8J0

Question
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Dating Advice? « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.