Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 01:13:30 PM
713351 Posts in 53056 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  A Lobo for every Vornoff.... « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: A Lobo for every Vornoff....  (Read 4502 times)
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« on: March 30, 2007, 05:11:17 AM »

Every mad Dr. Vornoff has his Lobo.Frankenstien his Fritz,Master his Torgo...blah blah blah...
 Ok...what I'm trying to say here is-who is your favorite second fiddle? Is it the doofy fat clown who emulates Bruce Lee in the CHINESE CONNECTION? The dog man at Dr.Moreau's fetch and call? Mebbe the Gimp in Pulp Fiction?  Well,you get the picture....
 Thanks!

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
Joe
Bad Movie Lover

What are you afraid of? It's only rock n' roll.

« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2007, 06:15:45 AM »

jabbas salacious crumb

and

the dark ones minions(the gate)
Kooshmeister
The King of Koosh!
Bad Movie Lover

Must have caffeine...

« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2007, 08:39:03 AM »

An odd choice to be sure, but...

Hammerhead Hannigan, the gangster-talkin' (that is, 1930s gangster-talkin') right-hand goat to Taurus Bulba. I just love how he's such a coward in Bulba's presence but the minute he's alone he totally abuses the other henchmen he has authority over. A really nice example of the "s**t rolls downhill" phenomenon.

I'm also quite fond of Otis in Superman: The Movie, too. :)
« Last Edit: March 30, 2007, 08:40:59 AM by Kooshmeister » Logged
fortunato
Bad Movie Lover

The laziest man on mars.

« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2007, 09:18:34 AM »

I like Tom Waits' Renfield in Bram Stoker's Dracula.

Goblins still exist. Your Grandpa Seth is telling you!

Are you nuts? You tryin' ta turn me into a homo?

You're TEARING ME APART, Lisa!

"May I remind you that I am in command here! Only an idiot would attempt such a thing. I will do it myself."
Doc Daneeka
The Game is Finished?
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

It's neVer over!

« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2007, 03:09:16 PM »

Mm hmm, I like the henchman, many times more than the boss man! Sometimes even the writer seems to do this and makes a henchman more prominent then his or her employer, without having a more important role. obvious examples being Jaws from Moonraker, Preacher and Fatty in Alone in the Dark '82, and Janeway out of Marathon Man. I have many more but these are who are on my mind now

https://www.youtube.com/user/silverspherechannel
For the latest on the fifth installment in Don Coscarelli's Phantasm saga.
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #5 on: March 30, 2007, 04:30:26 PM »

I tend to lean to the classics...but my very favorite is LOBO!

On top of being big and scary looking, he can take a b***h slap from Vornoff,and barely flinch,toss cops around like dolls,rip the shirts off heros,yet still can be as gentle as a kitten, and save the girl from certain death. And he has his own cool Don Post mask,which can be seen at football games world wide!!!
   He even appeared minus Bela in a semi sequel,NIGHT of the GHOULS!

I got ALOT more favorites,'cause,likeMr. Briggs, I many times find the henchmen the funnest part of a movie!

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
Raffine

« Reply #6 on: March 30, 2007, 05:12:57 PM »

I don't know if he counts (he does wind up making Dr. Frankenstein his b*tch!) but my favorite is Bela Lugosi's Ygor from SON OF FRANKENSTEIN.

If you're an Andy Milligan fan there's no hope for you.
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #7 on: March 30, 2007, 05:47:16 PM »

I don't know if he counts (he does wind up making Dr. Frankenstein his b*tch!) but my favorite is Bela Lugosi's Ygor from SON OF FRANKENSTEIN.

You must be have ESP!!!!  I started this thread as a way to promote Ygor(NOT Igor) as the Ultimate side kick! But the more I thought about it...the more I thought about it. Ygor, in the SON of FRANKENSTIEN  was the driving force,if not the main charecter in the movie....and the Monster himself (Karloff) and Frankenstien (Rathbone),were secondary charecters to the story of Ygor"s revenge! Cookies,man!
  In fact,I had planned on writing a post about this very fact! WoW.

Well...I am done kissing your ass...THEIF.... TeddyR

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
Dennis
Yes, it's true, absolutely true. I am a

I'm sorry, did I break your concentration?

« Reply #8 on: March 30, 2007, 05:58:33 PM »

My choice is Toshiro Obata, primarily because I know him, lives across the street, his sons went to school with my daughter. He's one of the guys I watch for in martial arts movies, he's usually there as a technical consultant on weapons use and combat but occasionally he gets bit parts as a bad guy. He's most visible in 2 films "Showdown in Little Tokyo" as Sato the yakusa killer, and as Tatsu in "Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles I & II"

Reach for the heavens in hope for the future for all that we can be, not what we are. Henry John Deutschendorf Jr.
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #9 on: March 30, 2007, 07:05:15 PM »

Dennis,that is VERY cool! I had the honor of hanging out with Verne Troyer(aka Mini Me) for a spell not to long ago,but that is a different story for a different time...
 Dwight Frye as Renfield is a classic favorite of mine. The scene of him climbing the steps, laffing and growling ,from the ships hold in DRACULA...wow. His image,for me,has become almost iconic. When Alice Cooper writes a song about you...(the Ballad of Dwight Frye), you know youv'e made the grade!

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
Poogie
Bad Movie Lover

uuummmmmm.....BOO!

« Reply #10 on: March 30, 2007, 08:12:20 PM »

I like Barney Fife.....just because he's cute.  Lookingup

And I like Don Knotts.  Smile

Boogie...Boogie...Boogie...Boogie...  
Kooshmeister
The King of Koosh!
Bad Movie Lover

Must have caffeine...

« Reply #11 on: March 31, 2007, 03:52:50 AM »

I got ALOT more favorites,'cause,likeMr. Briggs, I many times find the henchmen the funnest part of a movie!

You too, huh? I'm a henchman nut, although more for henchmen in cartoons and TV series moreso than movies. Which reminds me, and I can't believe I didn't think to mention him before since he's my freaking avatar and everything, but another nominee from me would be Thimblenose Ted from Flushed Away...

He had only two lines, and never did anything particularly interesting, but he was there in almost every scene featuring the henchmen and he did ride an eggbeater jetski:

Teddy boy here lost his nose in a tragic lawnmower accident (according to the commentary on the DVD anyway) but he tells everyone he lost it in a knife fight. Add to that the fact he behaves like a zombie half the time, and he's pretty much Tor Johnson after Slim Fast, turned into a sewer rat.
« Last Edit: March 31, 2007, 03:56:07 AM by Kooshmeister » Logged
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #12 on: March 31, 2007, 05:55:07 AM »

Some other favorites...
 Bucky-Peter Fonda's biker pal in EASY RIDER.
 Loser-Peter Fonda's biker pal in the WILD ANGELS! "I...I wanna...get...high!"
 Glenn Strange's Frankenstien-Next to Karloff,the coolest looking Frankenstien Monster EVER!!! Too bad he was always a lacky for mad doctors and Dracula.

Deputy Perkins as played by Mills Watson in the MISADVENTURES of SHERIFF LOBO TV show-Old  program from the 7o's...Perkins was the idiot sidekick of Sherrif Lobo(Claude Atkins). The only reason I watched this lame show was to see Perkins...funny as all hell!

I gotta agree with Poogie on Barney...he upstaged Andy all the time! A favorite movie when I was a kid was the GHOST and MR.CHICKEN!Don Knotts was great!

KATO!!!!! from the GREEN HORNET!!!! BRUCE LEE!!!

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
Raffine

« Reply #13 on: April 01, 2007, 02:12:34 PM »

Here's one I bet you know, RC: Andreas the Werewolf from THE RETURN OF THE VAMPIRE.

He probably has the most speeches of any werewolf in history and always seemed to be carrying around bundles of clothes for Bela. You can tell this was made by Columbia because Andreas' makeup is almost identical to the werewolf  that chases the Three Stooges around a hotel in one of their shorts.

If you're an Andy Milligan fan there's no hope for you.
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #14 on: April 01, 2007, 02:43:42 PM »

Also by Columbia...and also with practicly the same make up job,was Steven Ritchie in the WEREWOLF(1956)!!!

Yeah...Matt Willis had more dialouge than most of the humans!!!!A fun movie,to be sure. Thumbup

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  A Lobo for every Vornoff.... « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.