Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 19, 2024, 02:00:54 AM
712922 Posts in 53040 Topics by 7722 Members
Latest Member: GenevaBarr
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  Reader Comments  |  Vampire Men of the Lost Planet « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Vampire Men of the Lost Planet  (Read 28372 times)
GT
« on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM »

Man this movie STINKS!

Now i love B-movies but i don't even think MST 3000 could save this one. It just doesn't have ANYTHING going for it, especially the special effects. Save your 2 dollars for something else, (something with atleast an ounce of story like Burning Moon-classic German gore!).
David Fullam
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2001, 11:30:33 AM »

The late Al Adamson will always be my all time favorite B Movie director. I sure hope this totally off the wall classic will get the DVD treatment like several other Adamson films have. If so, I hope it has a commentary from producer Sam Sherman, because I am very interested in the origins of the Filipino cave man footage.
Byron
« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2006, 04:10:12 PM »

All hail Andrew B.!  That is, indeed, the Tagalog word for "vampire", correct spelling and all.  If they'd landed on the island of Cebu, they'd be "onggo".  
  My beloved wife, a movie-hound of the first magnitude, is from Cebu City, and provided the reference for me.
  Apparently, stuff like this oddity of a movie clouds their late-night TV, too, and it provides them the same nyuk-nyuks as it does us.  I would think it's a clear sign that 30% unemployment leaves people desperate for entertainment!
Jeffery Weskamp
« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2006, 04:10:12 PM »

Adamson developed the "chromatic radiation" plot device to hide the fact that most of the stock footage he borrowed was from black-and-white movies.  I will admit that this is the most creative technique I have ever heard of to cut expenses in a B-Movie production.  You almost have to admire his ingenuity!  Now if he could only have been more creative in directing and writing his movies....
IT
« Reply #4 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM »

One of the worst B movies I'VE ever scene.I did enjoy the lobsterman he was the most convincing creature in the whole movie.The batmen and the tribe with the rubber snakes sticking out of their necks was a joke.It even tried to steal the cinamagic effect from the ANGRY RED PLANET but it didn't look good here it just added to the torture of watching this horrible mess.And whats even more stupid is that these idiots are bringing a virus to earth that could wipe us out why the hell didn't they wear space suits on the planet or have a decontamination chamber on the ship instead the scientice said the virus will die in our atmosphere what if he's wrong oh yeah by the way I love the beautiful cave girl other then that a terrible movie.
BobGorelick
« Reply #5 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:03 PM »

the filipino caveman footage seems to come from a flick by Rolf Bayer: Tagani (1965).

Now where to find that thing....
Bob Gorelick
« Reply #6 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:03 PM »

edit. Presumably it is a VAMPIRE caveman flick

hehehe
MR WEREWOLF!
« Reply #7 on: May 12, 2008, 10:03:55 PM »

This movie confused the hell out of me as a kid! First its a vampire movie then a Sci fi movie then a Caveman flick! The director didnt know what he wanted it to be! A terrible movie but I admit the lobster man ruled!!!
vanightwolf
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #8 on: October 09, 2008, 10:16:18 AM »

If vampirism came from outer space millions of years ago, why at the end of the film does John Carradine tells the vampire virus can't live in Earth's atmosphere? Ten-second memory span, anyone?
Theodorian
« Reply #9 on: January 07, 2009, 06:57:21 PM »

I find it a gross miscarriage of justice that you fail to credit Brother Theodore for his magnificent, heartfelt narration at the beginning of this film.
Keith
« Reply #10 on: June 22, 2010, 09:43:20 PM »

I am the proud owner of the DVD for this movie.  At the main menu, the cue to start the movie says, "Begin the Bloodsucking".  I think it would be more appropriate if instead it read, "Start the Sucking".  BounceGiggle
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  Reader Comments  |  Vampire Men of the Lost Planet « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.