Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 07:26:30 AM
713326 Posts in 53056 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Television  |  Deadly Games - can anyone help me find this show? « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Deadly Games - can anyone help me find this show?  (Read 10853 times)
sebastianjackal
New Visitor

« on: April 01, 2007, 02:41:11 PM »

Does anyone here remember a TV show called "Deadly Games"?  It was aired in 1995 on the network formerly known as UPN, and it focused on a scientist who develops a video game where he is the hero, and the villains are based on people who have wronged him in real life.  However, due to a freak accident, the villains cross over into the real world, and proceed to carry out their sinister missions as per the rules of the game.  The leader of the villains is called "The Jackal," played by Christopher Lloyd.  Now the scientist and his friends must work together to thwart the Jackal and his minions, and send them back into the game.

I've been trying to find this show, but I've had no luck.  Can anyone help me?
sebastianjackal
New Visitor

« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2007, 06:25:40 PM »

Here's the opening credits:

Deadly Games Opening Credits Small | Large

And here's a promo commercial:

Deadly Games Promo Commercial Small | Large
sebastianjackal
New Visitor

« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2007, 10:46:26 AM »

Here's the main cast of the series:

From left to right:
Peter Rucker (played by Stephen T. Kay) - As Gus' lab assistant, Peter must help Gus find a way to get his parade of villains off the streets and back into the game. A seen-it-all New Yorker, even Peter is amazed at the quality and quantity of his colleague's neuroses, as evidenced by his video game creations.

Dr. Gus Lloyd (played by James Calvert) - A brilliant young scientist, Gus' breakthrough discovery of anti-matter may earn him a place in history -- not as the recipient of a Nobel Prize, but as the guy who inadvertently unleashed pure evil onto the world. As a way of dealing with a painful divorce, Gus created a video game in which the villains look like people he has known and have exaggerated versions of their quirks and peccadilloes... but are far more deadly (in Gus' words, "It was a lot cheaper than therapy"). When an accident in his lab brings these bad folks to "life" and forces Gus into the unlikely role of hero, he must enlist the aide of his ex-wife and his lab assistant to maintain order in the world.

Lauren Ashborne (played by Cynthia Gibb) - Gus' beautiful ex-wife had almost made it to the altar again when his lab accident changed her life. Unaware that Gus had even created a video game, Lauren was extremely surprised to find herself cast as "the girl" -- love interest and loyal sidekick to Gus' "Cold Steel Kid." Once it sinks in that without her help, Gus is powerless against his evil creations, Lauren grudgingly submits. With one problem remaining: how do you explain to your fiancé that you missed meeting him for vital wedding preparations because you had to stop a maniacal football player -- armed with miniature football bombs -- from dropping a nuclear warhead on the L.A. Coliseum?

And finally, the villain of the piece --
Sebastian Jackal (played by Christopher Lloyd) - Think Satan with a sense of whimsy. Jackal, dressed in immaculate white, is the quintessential bad guy. Always appreciative of a glass of fine champagne, nothing makes him thirstier than some well-executed death and destruction. His turn-ons include the ultimate control of life on earth, and he volunteers his time helping apprentice villains hone their craft. In the weeks to come, the person in Gus' life upon whom Jackal is based will reappear.

Any clues as to where I can find this show would be greatly appreciated!
Andrew
Administrator
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

I know where my towel is.

« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2007, 11:16:16 AM »

A check did not turn up any sort of release, DVD or VHS, for this show.  I am afraid that the only place you would find it is on the gray market - somebody having taped the show and now making copies to sell.

Andrew Borntreger
Badmovies.org
sebastianjackal
New Visitor

« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2007, 01:13:09 PM »

Oh well, thanks for your help Andrew.  This show just popped back into my head for some reason, and it's been driving me nuts trying to find anything.

Btw, do you have any particular "gray markets" in mind?  I honestly wouldn't know where to start looking.
marsh8472
New Visitor

« Reply #5 on: November 18, 2013, 07:51:36 PM »

Does anyone here remember a TV show called "Deadly Games"?  It was aired in 1995 on the network formerly known as UPN, and it focused on a scientist who develops a video game where he is the hero, and the villains are based on people who have wronged him in real life.  However, due to a freak accident, the villains cross over into the real world, and proceed to carry out their sinister missions as per the rules of the game.  The leader of the villains is called "The Jackal," played by Christopher Lloyd.  Now the scientist and his friends must work together to thwart the Jackal and his minions, and send them back into the game.

I've been trying to find this show, but I've had no luck.  Can anyone help me?

http: / / w w w . y o u t u b e . c o m / u s e r / D e a d l y G a m e s 1 9 9 5 <-- every episode is on this channel

Could try this too http :// thepiratebay.sx /torrent /9202748 / Deadly_Games_(1995-1996)
bob
I survived Bucky Larson
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Torgo watches you masterbate!

« Reply #6 on: November 19, 2013, 02:43:44 PM »

I loved this show as a kid.  TeddyR TeddyR TeddyR

Kubrick, Nolan, Tarantino, Wan, Iñárritu, Scorsese, Chaplin, Abrams, Wes Anderson, Gilliam, Kurosawa - the elite

I believe in the international communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids.
Sitting Duck
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #7 on: November 20, 2013, 09:24:54 AM »

For what it's worth, here's its entry over at TV Shows On DVD.

http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/shows/Deadly-Games/362
Chainsawmidget
« Reply #8 on: November 20, 2013, 10:13:33 AM »

At one point, this was my favorite show on TV.  Shame it was never more popular. 
Jack
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #9 on: November 20, 2013, 11:25:50 AM »

It seems like more and more TV shows are coming out on DVD.  Peter Benchley's Amazon finally came out on DVD a while ago, 14 years after the show aired, and the full Relic Hunter series finally became available in the US after 14 years as well.

So there's always hope.

The world is changed by your example, not by your opinion.

- Paulo Coelho
Warp Ninja X
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #10 on: December 15, 2013, 06:35:58 PM »

I used to watched this show all the time and the show after it LiveShot with the sexy Karen Austin from Night Court as the station's boss. TeddyR
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Television  |  Deadly Games - can anyone help me find this show? « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.