Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 09:37:02 AM
713335 Posts in 53056 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Entertainment  |  Best fighting game poll « previous next »
Poll
Question: What is your favorite fighting game franchise?
Mortal Kombat
Street Fighter
Super Smash Bros.
Teken
Dead or Alive
Soul Calaber
any Godzilla monster fighting game
King Of Fighters
Virtua Fighter
Killer Instinct
Def Jam
Bloody Roar
Marvel vs Campcom

Pages: 1 [2] 3
Author Topic: Best fighting game poll  (Read 22366 times)
AnubisVonMojo
B-Movie Site Webmaster
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Jesus H. Chelios!

« Reply #15 on: April 14, 2007, 09:52:26 AM »

How about Double Dragon?
I remember pumping countless quarters into that one in the late 80's.

I've heard that they're releasing it on the Xbox Live Marketplace soon.
I'm definitely picking that one up.   Thumbup

Though the Double Dragon series is a definite for the "Bee's Knees Category", 90% of it was side-scrollng Beat 'Em Up action, such as with the Final Fight, Battletoads, Streets of Rage, Eightman , Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles and other such games. Fighting games are classically classified as one fighter/team doing arena based combat with another fighter/team in elimination rounds that may or may not be timed. Though Double Dragon V: the Shadow Falls (and TMNT Tournament Fighters for that matter) is technically a fighting game, that thing was just a piece of sh!t molded into the form of a gaming catridge and I fear meeting the gamer who chalks that one up as one of their favorite fighting games... not that these people don't exist, I'm sure.

Along with TDS, I also loved Eternal Champions as a lad, as well as another under-the-radar fighter that actually wound up with a sequel: World Heroes. Oh, and speaking of the Final Fight series, there was a fighting/wrestling game that featured Mayor Mike Haggar called Saturday Night Slam Masters for anyone interested.

"Don't make me stain my last clean shirt with the back of your head." - Shatter Dead
"A grizzly bear with a chainsaw. Now THERE's a killing machine!" - The Simpsons
"I've always wanted to make love to an angry welder." - Jaws: the Revenge
BlackAngel75
Bad Movie Lover

eject...eject

« Reply #16 on: April 15, 2007, 02:36:16 AM »

Woo.  In the day, Final Fight was a good one, too.  Though it was a sidescroller and probably doesn't count in this poll.

Lots of cheap bosses to waste you out and make you plug in more quarters.  Like that cheap-ass Rolento.

Never was able to win it on one credit, even with my regular playing buddy, whose skills, like mine, were considerable.  =)

That reminds me of the other quarter-munching gem.  X-men, from Konami (before it went big with Capcom).  I think I spent over $5.00 (probably $10) trying to finish that game, playing Nightcrawler, with a move that teleporting move, zipping all around the screen.  If y'all remember that too, it looked like a move Wolverine would have.

But, on to the poll. I've played most of the fighing game, and I recently finish Def Jam: Icon.  Truth be told, the first two were better.  Soul Caliber 3, loved the create a fighter.  I also had Soul Caliber 2 for the Game Cube (the PS2 version was a rip-off).

We all know Bill is a little nuts, but George has actually tasted them.
-Betty White at the William Shatner Roast
BlackAngel75
Bad Movie Lover

eject...eject

« Reply #17 on: April 15, 2007, 03:25:49 AM »

How about Double Dragon?

I've heard that they're releasing it on the Xbox Live Marketplace soon.
I'm definitely picking that one up.   Thumbup

Though the Double Dragon series is a definite for the "Bee's Knees Category", 90% of it was side-scrollng Beat 'Em Up action, such as with the Final Fight, Battletoads, Streets of Rage, Eightman , Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles and other such games. Fighting games are classically classified as one fighter/team doing arena based combat with another fighter/team in elimination rounds that may or may not be timed. Though Double Dragon V: the Shadow Falls (and TMNT Tournament Fighters for that matter) is technically a fighting game, that thing was just a piece of sh!t molded into the form of a gaming catridge and I fear meeting the gamer who chalks that one up as one of their favorite fighting games... not that these people don't exist, I'm sure.

Along with TDS, I also loved Eternal Champions as a lad, as well as another under-the-radar fighter that actually wound up with a sequel: World Heroes. Oh, and speaking of the Final Fight series, there was a fighting/wrestling game that featured Mayor Mike Haggar called Saturday Night Slam Masters for anyone interested.

I had TMNT Tounament Fighters.  I kicked ass with Chrome Dome, Michaelangelo, Leonardo, and Donatello.

And speaking of fighting animals, you forgot the Bloody Roar series?  Oh, for shame.  For shame.

We all know Bill is a little nuts, but George has actually tasted them.
-Betty White at the William Shatner Roast
Zapranoth
Eye of Sauron and

« Reply #18 on: April 17, 2007, 12:06:31 PM »

Once you learned to use the all-powerful elbow punch, double dragon (one) was easy to whoop on one credit.  I'd challenge myself by trying to kick knives out of the air with the jumping back kick, or to beat Machine Gun Mike with a whip.   It was really a very easy game.

Now, double dragon II.. that was a biatch.  Especially the cheap shadow doubles at the end.

Anyone remember Crime Fighters?  The one that had your health decrement with time, and no way to raise it?  And then the 'challenge stage' between stages, in which you just beat the crap out of other players (for no bonuses - just to decrement their health)?    That game was THE quarter-eater.   Lousy game too.

No one has mentioned the Combatribes yet.  That one has some good head-bangin' action.

The original WWF superstars game, with Andre and Debiasi at the end, that game was cool too.  Seeing how many times I could sideslam other players using the Big Boss Man...
watson11
New Visitor

« Reply #19 on: April 21, 2007, 12:17:31 AM »

Hi,
       I like playing video games a lot.The game which I like most is Teken  as it has many options for playing.You have a practice mode for it and you can learn the power shots of the game. BounceGiggle

And the other game is Def Jam,In which the singles mode is interesting to fight.The fighting shots is also good.The double dragon is also good but the drawback is the game will start from the beginning once you die...  Bluesad
KYGOTC
Corprate slimeball of E.E.S.

Be EXELLENT to each other...and PARTY ON DUDES!!

« Reply #20 on: April 21, 2007, 07:38:32 PM »

What system is that TMNT game for, Menard?

"I'm a man too, you know! I go pee-pee standing up!"
AnubisVonMojo
B-Movie Site Webmaster

Jesus H. Chelios!

« Reply #21 on: April 21, 2007, 09:56:01 PM »

The TMNT Tournament Fighters game has three different incarnations: NES, SNES and Genesis. Each had a few different fighters (beyond the four turtles of course). I know the NES version had Casey Jones and the samurai dragon guy (for the life of me I can't remember which name he had in the game, compared to what it was in the comics), the SNES version had Wingnut and two monsters who were supposed to be the TMNT versions of the horsemen of the Apocalypse among others, and I'm pretty sure the Genesis version had Triceraton as one of the selectable combatants. They were fun, but this was a case of "Why should I have to buy three different versions of the damn game just to get the characters I want!?". It especially sucked because Casey Jones was my favorite and I'm pretty sure he was exclusive to the clunky, 8-bit NES version...

"Don't make me stain my last clean shirt with the back of your head." - Shatter Dead
"A grizzly bear with a chainsaw. Now THERE's a killing machine!" - The Simpsons
"I've always wanted to make love to an angry welder." - Jaws: the Revenge
zombie no.one

Oookaay...

« Reply #22 on: April 22, 2007, 03:50:29 PM »

And speaking of fighting animals, you forgot the Bloody Roar series?  Oh, for shame.  For shame.

WORD. Bloody Roar 2 is my favourite fighting game, ever.

The Mandela Effect is a Mandela Effect
KYGOTC

« Reply #23 on: April 22, 2007, 10:01:29 PM »

Alright. I addeD Bloody Roar.

Torgo

« Reply #24 on: May 16, 2007, 04:27:37 PM »

Graphics wise the best choice was the SNES version.

"There is no way out of here. It'll be dark soon. There is no way out of here."
Torgo

« Reply #25 on: May 16, 2007, 04:29:21 PM »

How about Double Dragon?

I had the Sega Master Version of the 1st one and a couple of the games on the original Gameboy at one point.

Actually, I had Super Double Dragon for the SNES as well come to think of it.

Torgo

« Reply #26 on: May 16, 2007, 04:33:03 PM »

KYGOTC

« Reply #27 on: May 16, 2007, 09:36:28 PM »

I am so bleepin exited for the new smash brothers game comming out for the Wii!

Torgo

« Reply #28 on: May 17, 2007, 07:24:36 PM »

I've been waiting for Marvel vs. Capcom 3.

I had heard rumors that it was going to have over 100 characters and they were talking about it after 2 came out for the Dreamcast, but I haven't heard anything about it for years since.

KYGOTC

« Reply #29 on: May 17, 2007, 11:20:49 PM »

I've been waiting for Marvel vs. Capcom 3.

I had heard rumors that it was going to have over 100 characters

That would be cool, but would they be able to make each character unique?

Pages: 1 [2] 3
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Entertainment  |  Best fighting game poll « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.