Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 19, 2024, 02:27:56 AM
712922 Posts in 53040 Topics by 7722 Members
Latest Member: GenevaBarr
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Entertainment  |  Ong Bak? « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Ong Bak?  (Read 8471 times)
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« on: April 01, 2007, 09:13:36 PM »

I don't know what this is all about,but it's quite amazing! Any info?

Small | Large
« Last Edit: April 02, 2007, 05:32:17 AM by RCMerchant » Logged

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
Mr_Vindictive
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

By Sword. By Pick. By Axe. Bye Bye.

« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2007, 09:46:03 PM »

Info about Ong Bak?  It's a great Thai martial arts flick with Tony Jaa.

Tony Jaa lives in a small rural town in Thailand and a statue of their God disappears from the town.  Jaa has to travel to the city to find those that took it, and kick their asses.

Very good film.  The beat downs are hardcore, and quite brutal.  The things that Tony Jaa is able to do is absolutely amazing.  Jumping between plates of glass, jumping with his entire body through hoops, running up walls, jumping cars, etc, etc.

It's worth finding.

A bald man named Savalas visited me last night in a dream.  I think it was a Telly vision.
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2007, 05:33:38 AM »

OOps! I fixed the link!!! Lookingup

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
Jordan
B-Movie Site Webmaster
Bad Movie Lover

Thunderball Fists?! I can have such a thing?!

« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2007, 10:49:19 PM »

Ong Bak is a deliciously awesome movie. Tony Jaa is unbelievable and its amazing that he does his own stunts without wires or CGI. "Ong Bak" is awesome, and "Tom Yum Goong" is also good. (It's available here in the US as "The Protector.") I have two other Jaa flicks in which he's only got a cameo or tiny role: "The Bodyguard" and "Spiritual Killer." Currently he's finished up his directorial debut with Ong-Bak 2! I hope he learns English and makes the trek over to Hollywood over the next five years or so. I'd like to see him beat the stuffing out of Jet Li or Jackie Chan.  Wink  TeddyR

-----
The Vault Master
Caretaker of The B-Movie Film Vault
-----
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2007, 05:47:26 AM »

Thanks,you guys. I really need to check up on this ...as I am really impressed!!! I don't care for the wire flying/Matrix kinda martial arts crap that passes for chop socky fliks nowadays.

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
BeyondTheGrave

Punks not Ded sez Rich

« Reply #5 on: April 03, 2007, 10:52:25 PM »

Ong Bak is a great film martial arts wise. I'm getting other film by Tony Jaa called "The Protector" from Netflix soon.

Most of all I hate dancing then work,exercise,people,stupidpeople

Mr_Vindictive

By Sword. By Pick. By Axe. Bye Bye.

« Reply #6 on: April 04, 2007, 07:15:31 AM »

The Protector is pretty good.  I've not seen the American cut that we got last August, but I picked up a DVD from Ebay of the Tom Yung Goong version. 

The only problem I had with the film was that the scenes of Jaa playing with his elephants seemed a bit silly and strange.  Other than that, it's a good action flick.

A bald man named Savalas visited me last night in a dream.  I think it was a Telly vision.
Jordan
B-Movie Site Webmaster
Bad Movie Lover

Thunderball Fists?! I can have such a thing?!

« Reply #7 on: April 04, 2007, 11:42:46 AM »

The American cut of "Tom Yum Goong" is garbage. Luckily the 2-Disc DVD set from Dragon Dynasty has both versiona and a multitude of extras. Very good set!

I have two copies of "Ong-bak" by the by. One is the American theatrical cut (done by Luc Besson??) which is OK, and I also have the uncut version which I think is a bit better (but aren't the original cuts always superior to the watered down versions? 9 out of 10 times, yes!). The American cut chops out 10 minutes and sacrifices a small plot device involving a hooker with a heart of gold.  Wink TeddyR

-----
The Vault Master
Caretaker of The B-Movie Film Vault
-----
Jim H

« Reply #8 on: April 13, 2007, 09:15:05 PM »

Ong Bak's fight scenes I personally didn't think were that great - just decent.  The stuntwork is incredible, but the choreography isn't.  Worth seeing for some amazing live stunts though, and that great chase.  Tom Yum Goong has considerably better fight scenes, and I would say it is the better film overall.  Of the two side kick characters though (played by the same actor in both) I like the one in Ong Bak better though.
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Entertainment  |  Ong Bak? « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.