Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 03:35:57 PM
714241 Posts in 53092 Topics by 7736 Members
Latest Member: ShayneGree
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Television  |  World Wrestling Entertainment (WWE) « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 116 117 [118] 119 120 ... 146
Author Topic: World Wrestling Entertainment (WWE)  (Read 743260 times)
VenomX73
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #1755 on: December 23, 2014, 06:53:38 PM »

Gilligan's island, Goonies and Godzilla information booth here!
HappyGilmore
B-Movie Kraken

I know Quack-Fu.

« Reply #1756 on: December 26, 2014, 10:02:29 PM »

Seth Rollins is amazing. 
The Top 30 Moves of Seth Rollins / Tyler Black

I mainly watch RAW for Wyatt, Rollins and Ambrose.  I do enjoy MiZdow, Ziggler and Rose, but Wyatt, Rollins and Ambrose make it worth it.  I don't want to miss a second of their careers. 

"The path to Heaven runs through miles of clouded Hell."

Don’t get too close, it’s dark inside.
It’s where my demons hide, it’s where my demons hide.
HappyGilmore
B-Movie Kraken

I know Quack-Fu.

« Reply #1757 on: December 26, 2014, 10:10:30 PM »

CHIKARA has some funny stuff, but great WRESTLING.
Chuck Taylor kills Soldier Ant with a grenade Small | Large

HappyGilmore
B-Movie Kraken

I know Quack-Fu.

« Reply #1758 on: December 26, 2014, 10:13:40 PM »

Well after about a 15 year hiatus of watching pro wrestling about 8 months ago I have slowly started to watch it again. A family member told me about the Network and I decided to give it a try if anything just to watch some old ECW programming since I was a huge fan when it was on in the mid 90s. It was fun to reminisce on the old shows and some of the documentaries were entertaining but what really caught my eye was NXT. Who were these kids? Fun matches, fresh blood, easy to follow storylines... well, now I'm hooked. I drove up to Lakeland on Saturday and attended my first NXT live event and I gotta say I was really impressed. I had been to tiny little indi shows at small venues in the past but this was much more than that. I mean, I already knew the wrestlers and what they were capable of but they really do put on a huge effort even in a "dark show" such as the one I went to. These kids have a lot of potential and I hope they dont get stuck with dumb gimmicks when they get called up to the main roster as it appears to be the case from watching Raw and Smackdown over the past few months. Oh well, just thought I would share that if you have a chance to see NXT live, please do. All the guys there were great and really friendly.
Two guys in NXT I really like are Sami Zayn and Kevin Owens.  I followed them on the indies as El Generico and Kevin Steen.  Those two put together is GOLD.  Great matches.  Even separately, they are great on their own.

A friend of mine went to Full Sail University in Florida.  NXT does free shows weekly there.  He's a wrestling fan, but doesn't follow the indies as much, so when guys would get signed to NXT, he'd text me asking questions and I'd point him to YouTube and tell him what to watch and what to be prepared for.

JaseSF
Super Space Age Freaky Geek
B-Movie Kraken

Soon, your brain will turn to jelly.

« Reply #1759 on: December 26, 2014, 10:33:16 PM »

I can't sit through Raw anymore I find it unbearable to watch so much boring talking. I am a fan of Rollins, Ambrose, Wyatt, Harper, Ziggler, Cesaro, Kidd, Sandow (I hate the stupid Mizdow stuff, let the guy be Sandow again) (I'm a fan of a lot of the guys on NXT too) but from what I've seen and read Ambrose & Rollins were better in their Moxley and Black days. At the same time I don't care about the following guys at all anymore: Rusev, Ryback, Adam Rose, John Cena, the Bunny, Mark Henry, Big Show, the Usos, the Miz, Kane, Jack Swagger. I think Stardust gimmick is not working and is actually hurting Cody Rhodes by this point and he needs to break up the team with Goldust. Move those guys back to the singles division as they can go if they let them. Still not sure on Reigns but hope he improves. I did check out a replay of Raw only during the Ziggler-Harper match and the main event (Ambrose-Wyatt although their feud seems pointless to me), I turned the channel for the rest - the matches are all that interest me. WWE just doesn't give enough uninterrupted wrestling...if they want their ratings to improve, they just need to provide more wrestling and cut the talking by about 75% and also not put ads between matches or at least place them better in such a way one wants to keep watching (ads between talking is fine though).

Remember when WWF was can't miss wrestling...(now it's usually too boring for me to sit through a Raw or Smackdown)

WWF/WWE Tribute - My Sacrifice Small | Large

WWF Desire - Lonely Road of Faith Small | Large

« Last Edit: December 26, 2014, 10:43:31 PM by JaseSF » Logged

"This above all: To thine own self be true!"
HappyGilmore
B-Movie Kraken

I know Quack-Fu.

« Reply #1760 on: December 26, 2014, 10:38:37 PM »

I can't sit through Raw anymore I find it unbearable to watch so much boring talking. I am a fan of Rollins, Ambrose, Wyatt, Harper, Ziggler, Cesaro, Kidd, Sandow (I hate the stupid Mizdow stuff, let the guy be Sandow again) (I'm a fan of a lot of the guys on NXT too) but from what I've seen and read Ambrose & Rollins were better in their Moxley and Black days. At the same time I don't care about the following guys at all anymore: Rusev, Ryback, Adam Rose, John Cena, the Bunny, Mark Henry, Big Show, the Usos, the Miz,, Jack Swagger. I think Stardust gimmick is not working and is actually hurting Cody Rhodes by this point and he needs to break up the team with Goldust. Move those guys back to the singles division as they can go if they let them. Still not sure on Reigns but hope he improves. I did check out a replay of Raw only during the Ziggler-Harper match and the main event (Ambrose-Wyatt although their feud seems pointless to me), I turned the channel for the rest - the matches are all that interest me. WWE just doesn't give enough uninterrupted wrestling...if they want their ratings to improve, they just need to provide more wrestling and cut the talking by about 75% and also not put ads between matches or at least place them better in such a way one wants to keep watching (ads between talking is fine though).

Remember when WWF was can't miss wrestling...(now it's usually too boring for me to sit through a Raw or Smackdown)

Moxley and Rollins were better back in the day.  But they were on the 'indies' and didn't have to worry about commercials, ads, and whatever else WWE places on them.  I'd love if WWE went to a little bit more...'mature' way on their tv.  They'd better utilize those guys.  But as a long-time fan of said guys...I'm loving they 'made it' to  the big-time and watch every week.  In fact, just bought an Ambrose t-shirt and hoodie to support him. 

The Ambrose-Wyatt feud is pretty pointless...but it's WWE's effort to re-establish Wyatt.  They screwed up Wyatt after the Cena feud, and had him on the lower card.  Ambrose is so-OVER with WWE's fans that even when he LOSES, fans still dig him.  So Ambrose's job right now is re-establishing Wyatt as a top guy so he can feud with Undertaker for WrestleMania. 

HappyGilmore
B-Movie Kraken

I know Quack-Fu.

« Reply #1761 on: December 26, 2014, 10:59:19 PM »

Attitude Era
Attitude Era Tribute - My Sacrifice

VenomX73

« Reply #1762 on: December 27, 2014, 03:08:28 PM »

HappyGilmore
B-Movie Kraken

I know Quack-Fu.

« Reply #1763 on: December 27, 2014, 08:03:02 PM »

Hulk Hogan.
The Best Hulk Hogan Tribute! WWE Desire Small | Large

I watched wrestling first cause of him. 

JaseSF
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #1764 on: December 28, 2014, 05:28:33 PM »

The Spoiler was the first villain I recall liking and thinking "he's cool" when I was a kid.

The Spoiler Small | Large

Bob Backlund was the first champion I recall watching, he was pretty popular then. One of my first heroes.

2013 WWE Hall of Fame Inductee Bob Backlund: Raw, Jan 21, 2013

My Dad was a huge fan of Tito Santana so naturally I was a fan of him too.

Tito Santana Hall of Fame Tribute

Being Canadian, Rick Martel & Dino Bravo were also big heroes when I was a little kid. In the early 80s, Hulk Hogan quickly was another as was Andre the Giant. Unlike a lot of other kids though, I also thought many of the villains were cool and recall liking Rowdy Roddy Piper, Greg "the Hammer" Valentine, Nick Bockwinkel in the AWA, King Tonga in Canadian International, the Masked Superstar, the Road Warriors among others.

Rick Martel tribute to a role model

HappyGilmore
B-Movie Kraken

I know Quack-Fu.

« Reply #1765 on: December 28, 2014, 08:21:50 PM »

Andy Kaufman was great.  Could've done something in wrestling if he stayed.
Andy Kaufman - I'm From Hollywood Clip Small | Large

JaseSF
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #1766 on: December 29, 2014, 04:10:57 PM »

Recently watched an old wrestling tape of WWF wrestling from 1991. Back then, everything was focused on the action inside the ring and the few outside the ring segments were used to build up new potential feuds and affect currently scheduled matches. One team really stood out to me as being underrated by WWF at the time as they were basically being used to put guys over yet these guys usually looked great in doing so. Very underrated - The Orient Express.

Orient Express titantron (The video's owner prevents external embedding)

Prior to WWF, 2 members of the team were Badd Company in the AWA...

Top 50 tag teams of all time...#44 Badd Company

VenomX73

« Reply #1767 on: December 29, 2014, 05:02:06 PM »

HappyGilmore
B-Movie Kraken

I know Quack-Fu.

« Reply #1768 on: December 29, 2014, 11:46:42 PM »

Adam Rose:
Adam Rose Theme Song Titantron 2014

bob
I survived Bucky Larson

Torgo watches you masterbate!

« Reply #1769 on: December 31, 2014, 09:44:02 PM »

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!

« Last Edit: December 31, 2014, 10:37:46 PM by bob » Logged

Kubrick, Nolan, Tarantino, Wan, Iñárritu, Scorsese, Chaplin, Abrams, Wes Anderson, Gilliam, Kurosawa - the elite

I believe in the international communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids.
Pages: 1 ... 116 117 [118] 119 120 ... 146
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Television  |  World Wrestling Entertainment (WWE) « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.