Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 12:13:48 PM
714361 Posts in 53095 Topics by 7742 Members
Latest Member: KathleneKa
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Television  |  World Wrestling Entertainment (WWE) « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 117 118 [119] 120 121 ... 146
Author Topic: World Wrestling Entertainment (WWE)  (Read 744429 times)
HappyGilmore
B-Movie Kraken

I know Quack-Fu.

« Reply #1770 on: December 31, 2014, 10:09:28 PM »

Cactus Jack makes his WWF debut. 
Cactus Jack's WWE Debut

"The path to Heaven runs through miles of clouded Hell."

Don’t get too close, it’s dark inside.
It’s where my demons hide, it’s where my demons hide.
VenomX73
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #1771 on: January 01, 2015, 09:16:50 AM »

Gilligan's island, Goonies and Godzilla information booth here!
JaseSF
Super Space Age Freaky Geek
B-Movie Kraken

Soon, your brain will turn to jelly.

« Reply #1772 on: January 02, 2015, 02:35:55 AM »

Pedro Morales - A WWE Hall of Fame Career

Pedro was a great brawler. Fondly remember his wars with Magnificent Muraco and Ken Patera over the WWF Intercontinental Title.

Batista - Adrenaline Career Tribute

I like Big Dave. Seems like a nice guy. In the ring, he should have dominated the 2000s and did for a lot of it. Too bad he began taking a back seat to Cena after 2005.

Bobby Lashley WWE ECW TNA MMA Tribute Small | Large

Bobby Lashley has really impressed especially with his last title run in TNA.

TNA | A Brand New Story Tribute - This IS War 2014 [HD]

TNA 2014 tribute

"This above all: To thine own self be true!"
VenomX73

« Reply #1773 on: January 02, 2015, 06:37:31 PM »

HappyGilmore
B-Movie Kraken

I know Quack-Fu.

« Reply #1774 on: January 03, 2015, 09:31:24 PM »

Shawn Michaels tribute.  I loved him as a performer.
WWE Desire - Shawn Michaels Small | Large

Tommy Dreamer
Tommy Dreamer Tribute Small | Large

Dreamer winning the belt in 2000 made me tear a bit:
Tommy Dreamer gets the strap Small | Large

HappyGilmore
B-Movie Kraken

I know Quack-Fu.

« Reply #1775 on: January 04, 2015, 12:15:11 PM »

Paige. 
WWE Paige Tribute 2014 - New Divas Champion

VenomX73

« Reply #1776 on: January 04, 2015, 12:17:41 PM »

Paige is HOT

JaseSF
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #1777 on: January 04, 2015, 03:49:03 PM »

TNA World Champion Bobby Roode

TNA Bobby Roode 2014 Tribute - One More Time - HD

I still miss WCW, I miss Crockett Promotions even more though.

HD WCW Tribute || So Far Away

Raven

All Apologies - A Tribute to Raven Small | Large

CM Punk

CM Punk 2014 Career Tribute: "When You're Young"

HappyGilmore
B-Movie Kraken

I know Quack-Fu.

« Reply #1778 on: January 04, 2015, 08:23:48 PM »

Paige is HOT
Indeed.

I can agree with that. 

JaseSF
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #1779 on: January 05, 2015, 09:56:11 PM »

Watched Wrestle Kingdom 9 last night. Doubt whether any other wrestling organization, aside from New Japan itself, will put on another show this year that will top this show, it was freakin' awesome!! Also really enjoyed hearing Jim Ross and Matt Striker on commentary although Ross didn't know the names of a lot of the new moves on the go these days. Still can't fault him too much, felt he did a great job helping get across the stories in the last 2 matches. WWE, this is the best way to tell stories, with matches in the ring, not with boring talking that makes fans want to change the channel.

WARNING: SPOILERS if you want to watch the show without knowing the results.

Just a run-down of the 10 matches from the PPV.

1. 4-way tag team match for the IWGP Jr. Heavyweight Tag Team titles. (Champions reDRagon Bobby Fish & Kyle O' Reilly vs. Forever Hooligans Alex Koslov & Rocky Romero vs. Time Splitters Alex Shelley & Kushida vs. The Young Bucks Matt & Nick Jackson): This was a wild out of control spotfest. It definitely delivered some great moments and was a fast exciting match to start the show off with. Really entertaining although personally I prefer a more traditional style tag match while here tags weren't important. Still a fun exciting match to start the show with. In the end, the champs retained in rather impressive fashion. ***1/2 out of ***** stars

2. Hiroyoshi Tenzan, Satoshi Kojima, & Tomoaki Honma vs. The Bullet Club Jeff Jarrett, Bad Luck Fale, & Yujiro Takahashi (w/ Karen Jarrett, Mao, & Scott D'Amore). The whole point of this match was to continue the feud between New Japan and the Bullet Club for Bullet Club's disrespect of New Japan traditions. It was OK for what it was. There was some decent double team moves mostly from legends Kojima & Tenzan and Honma impressed too. The ending was a tad predictable though with a miscued guitar shot costing the Bullet Club. **1/2 out of ***** stars.

3. Toru Yano, Naomichi Marufuji, Shane Haste & Mikey Nicholls (the last 3 from NOAH) vs. Suzukigun Takashi Iizuka, Davey Boy Smith Jr., Shelton X Benjamin, & Lance Archer. This match was a continuation of the feud between Iizuka and Yano whom the wild Iizuka turned on. There was some exciting spots in this and it was neat to see some guys I haven't seen in a while getting a bit of chance to shine here with Archer, Benjamin & Smith. The biggest surprise though was the way the NOAH guys dominated here. Short-lived but exciting. *** out of ***** stars.

4. Minoru Suzuki vs. Kazushi Sakuraba. This was a showdown between two legends in MMA as well as wrestling. The match could only be won by submission or knockout. This had some really entertaining moments and was a very hard hitting bout. Enjoyable but one does wonder what might have happened had this one happened earlier in time. Was very impressed with the desire to win and toughness of both competitors. I've been a fan of Suzuki for quite a while too so that helps. A solid ***1/2 out of ***** stars for this one.

5. NEVER Openweight Championship match: Champion Tomohiro Ishii vs. Togi Makabe. This was a really hard-hitting showdown that really showed off the strong style of Japanese pro wrestling. Both men showed heart, toughness, and desire in a bout that seemingly could have went either way. In the end perhaps Ishii's shoulder injury cost him as Makabe took this one in impressive fashion. **** out of ***** stars.

6. IWGP Jr. Heavyweight Championship Championship match: Champion Ryusuke Taguchi vs. Kenny Omega (w/ fellow Bullet Club members the Young Bucks): This one had some decent spots and some excitement (there were a few botches here and there too to be honest). Both competitors had moments where they showed their stuff but in the end Omega proved why he's an impressive young and upcoming talent in New Japan pulling out the win and bringing the Jr. Heavyweight title to the Bullet Club. ***1/2 out of ***** stars.

7. IWGP Heavyweight Tag Team Championship match: Champions The Bullet Club Doc Gallows & Karl Anderson (w/ Tama Tonga & Amber O'Neal) vs. Meiyu Tag Hirooki Goto and Katsuyori Shibata. This was a wild and often out of control showdown. In new Japan, tagging in and out doesn't seem to be of as much importance as in the U.S. so there's lot of double-teaming which does lead to a more exciting fast pace in tag bouts and some exciting double team moves. This one had some great back and forth action and the two teams each got in some signature moves and exciting power moves. In the end, Goto & Shibata pulled out the win but it did feel like something of an upset. ***1/2 out of ***** stars.

8. A.J. Styles vs. Tetsuya Naito. This was a very, very entertaining match with two seemingly closely matched opponents. Both wrestlers impressed here but in the end, Styles used his smarts and ring awareness to pull this one out and re-establish himself as a potential top contender to the IWGP Heavweight title. ****1/2 out of ***** stars match this one.

9. IWGP Intercontinental Heavyweight Championship match: Champion Shinsuke Nakamura vs. Kota Ibushi. This might have just been the most entertaining match of the entire night. Nakamura fought to get his respect from young upstart Ibushi who proved here he belonged on this stage and could hang with the best of them. Ibushi also hit some "Holy s**t, did he just do that?!" moves. A fantastic match that told a great story from start to finish. Match of the year candidate here. In the end, the veteran Nakamura pulled it out but it was a close bout. ***** out of ***** stars.

10. IWGP Heavyweight Championship match: Champion Hiroshi Tanahashi vs. Kazuchika Okada (w/ Gedo): This match arguably though was even better than the last, arguably. Like the last, this told a fantastic story, this time about whether Okada is yet ready to become the "ace" fighter atop New Japan pro wrestling and knock Tanahashi off his perch. There was a lot of feeling out early on and Okada took the early advantage but Tanahashi showed his toughness and heart and withstood the onslaught eventually overcoming his challenger in a wrestling classic that was a very, very close bout. Another match of the year candidate. ***** out of ***** stars.
« Last Edit: January 05, 2015, 10:04:49 PM by JaseSF » Logged

HappyGilmore
B-Movie Kraken

I know Quack-Fu.

« Reply #1780 on: January 11, 2015, 10:58:01 AM »

RVD.  Walk.   Wink
ROB VAN DAM Tribute- WALK Small | Large

JaseSF
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #1781 on: January 11, 2015, 10:04:04 PM »

NWA 80s Tribute Lonely Road of Faith Small | Large

The NWA I felt had the best actual wrestling during the 1980s...

Wrestlers of the 80s Remembered Small | Large

AWA Best of the 1970s - PT 5 of 6

The AWA was also really high as a very entertaining promotion, probably the best in the 1970s...

Jim Cornette Interview About Pro - Wrestling 1980's

Jim Cornette interview in the 1980s

1980s TV Wrestling Hodgepodge Small | Large

Harley Race Tells it like it is Small | Large

Harley Race

JaseSF
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #1782 on: January 13, 2015, 06:26:44 PM »

Randy "Macho Man" Savage has finally been announced for the WWE Hall of Fame 2015. Long overdue...too bad they didn't do this 10+ years ago when Savage was still alive. Savage belongs in all the wrestling Hall of Fame (s) out there.

"Macho Man" Randy Savage announced for WWE Hall of Fame Class of 2015: Raw, January 12, 2015

HappyGilmore
B-Movie Kraken

I know Quack-Fu.

« Reply #1783 on: January 14, 2015, 08:29:26 PM »

The WWF Superstars: "Land of 1,000 Dances".
The Wrestlers - Land of 1000 Dances Small | Large

"Don't Go Messing With a Country Boy"--Hillbilly Jim
Hillbilly Jim - Don't go messin' with a Country boy , Live at The Slammy Awards 1986 ,720p

I dug the 80s WWF.   TeddyR

VenomX73

« Reply #1784 on: January 15, 2015, 07:18:05 PM »

Pages: 1 ... 117 118 [119] 120 121 ... 146
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Television  |  World Wrestling Entertainment (WWE) « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.