Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 18, 2024, 09:45:31 PM
712916 Posts in 53040 Topics by 7722 Members
Latest Member: GenevaBarr
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Television  |  World Wrestling Entertainment (WWE) « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 146
Author Topic: World Wrestling Entertainment (WWE)  (Read 736392 times)
HappyGilmore
B-Movie Kraken

I know Quack-Fu.

« Reply #45 on: February 22, 2011, 11:17:38 PM »

Sheamus is limited but really has worked hard to help other guys get ahead lately (either that or he's in the doghouse for some reason?)...
I read some reports that his initial 'push' was cause him and Triple H work out together.  But Kevin Dunn, Vince's right hand man since the '80s, doesn't like him all that much and has been putting him in less than stellar programs.  I'm sure that now that HHH is back both on camera and off, it could change.  I could see Sheamus/Morrison/Bryan having a solid Triple Threat at WreslteMania.

"The path to Heaven runs through miles of clouded Hell."

Don’t get too close, it’s dark inside.
It’s where my demons hide, it’s where my demons hide.
bob
I survived Bucky Larson
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Torgo watches you masterbate!

« Reply #46 on: February 23, 2011, 08:44:28 AM »

I started watching it again after a 6-8 year hiatus. I like the Miz, the guy that looks like William Regal 2(I think he has Nexus or something) and that guy that comes out to Flight of the Valkyries.

I saw the advertisement for the elimination ppv and heard they were using the HOWIE SCREAM which made me chuckle.

RIP Benoit :(
Daniel Bryan is a great wrestler.  He's the one using "Flight of the Valkyries."  He's very much like a Benoit type. 

After RAW it's becoming a little clearer what's going to happen ina  few weeks at the biggest show of the year. I'm hoping for a good build up and that unlike the last two years ( Taker vs Michaels, Taker vs Michaels 2) it don't be a one match show.
A few of the matchups look promising.  CM Punk/Orton should be entertaining.  Miz/Cena with Rock as the Special Ref.  HHH/Undertaker with HBK as the Ref.  Lawler vs. Cole should be interesting considering Cole's lack of experience but, eh.

so did last years card but it felt like everything was really rushed except Bret vs Vcine which went 20 years and a day and Taker and Mciahels

Kubrick, Nolan, Tarantino, Wan, Iñárritu, Scorsese, Chaplin, Abrams, Wes Anderson, Gilliam, Kurosawa - the elite

I believe in the international communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids.
JaseSF
Super Space Age Freaky Geek
B-Movie Kraken

Soon, your brain will turn to jelly.

« Reply #47 on: February 23, 2011, 01:13:14 PM »

I actually watched Wrestlemania 26 again over the last couple of days..overall I thought it was a pretty solid show. The most disappointing matches were Bret vs. Vince and the women's 10 person tag but both featured non-wrestlers so I guess that's about all one should expect. Bret's beatdown on McMahon just came across as way too heelish, like a bitter old man beating up an even older man. Taker-HBK was the best match by far with the best story and rightly closed the show. I liked Edge-Jericho and the Money in the Bank match too although both had some botched spots and I'd say they were the next best matches on the show. The Orton-DiBiase-Rhodes match was much better than I expected as was the opening tag with Miz-Big Show vs. R-Truth & Morrison - not a bad short match to open the show. Punk-Mysterio was too rushed and Cena-Batista was just average I thought. Triple H-Sheamus was too long but a bit better than I expected too. The Battle Royal bonus was no better than one that might appear on Raw.

Ranking the matches:

1. Taker vs. Michaels
2. Edge vs. Jericho
3. Money in the Bank 10 man ladder match
4. Orton-DiBiase-Rhodes
5. Punk vs. Mysterio
6. Sheamus vs. HHH
7. Cena vs. Batista
8. Miz-Big Show vs. Morrison/Truth
9. Bret vs. Vince
10. 10 Women's Tag
11. Battle Royal

"This above all: To thine own self be true!"
bob
I survived Bucky Larson

« Reply #48 on: February 24, 2011, 09:17:50 AM »

I was wondering if anyone else watches NXT. It's like the perfect bad movie in my opinion.

Kubrick, Nolan, Tarantino, Wan, Iñárritu, Scorsese, Chaplin, Abrams, Wes Anderson, Gilliam, Kurosawa - the elite

I believe in the international communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids.
HappyGilmore
B-Movie Kraken

I know Quack-Fu.

« Reply #49 on: February 24, 2011, 11:41:26 AM »

I started watching it again after a 6-8 year hiatus. I like the Miz, the guy that looks like William Regal 2(I think he has Nexus or something) and that guy that comes out to Flight of the Valkyries.

I saw the advertisement for the elimination ppv and heard they were using the HOWIE SCREAM which made me chuckle.

RIP Benoit :(
Daniel Bryan is a great wrestler.  He's the one using "Flight of the Valkyries."  He's very much like a Benoit type. 

After RAW it's becoming a little clearer what's going to happen ina  few weeks at the biggest show of the year. I'm hoping for a good build up and that unlike the last two years ( Taker vs Michaels, Taker vs Michaels 2) it don't be a one match show.
A few of the matchups look promising.  CM Punk/Orton should be entertaining.  Miz/Cena with Rock as the Special Ref.  HHH/Undertaker with HBK as the Ref.  Lawler vs. Cole should be interesting considering Cole's lack of experience but, eh.

so did last years card but it felt like everything was really rushed except Bret vs Vcine which went 20 years and a day and Taker and Mciahels

As a fan, I wanted to like that match.  I just couldn't.  Bret is in a condition where he CAN'T be physically touched.  Vince is like, 67.  So it turned into a dreammatch that was just a really really underwhelming segment of Bret using a chair for 12 minutes of a 20 minute match.  Just should've been left off.

I was wondering if anyone else watches NXT. It's like the perfect bad movie in my opinion.
I watched the first two seasons.  Once it went strictly online, I haven't seen it.  It's really bad.

bob
I survived Bucky Larson

« Reply #50 on: February 28, 2011, 01:14:00 PM »

I don't know if anyone watches TNA here but they did a promo package last Thursday that looks like a very intentional ripoff the Undertaker return videos. It's on their YouTube channel.

Small | Large

I found it to be hilarous.

JaseSF
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #51 on: February 28, 2011, 02:20:06 PM »

Maybe they resigned Sting? Or could it be Abyss?

HappyGilmore
B-Movie Kraken

I know Quack-Fu.

« Reply #52 on: March 01, 2011, 10:31:39 AM »

I think they re-signed Sting. 

bob
I survived Bucky Larson

« Reply #53 on: March 01, 2011, 11:57:06 AM »

I think they re-signed Sting. 

As do I.

JaseSF
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #54 on: March 01, 2011, 01:49:17 PM »

Yes read online they resigned Sting and plans are for him to face Jeff Hardy at the next PPV.

66Crush
« Reply #55 on: March 01, 2011, 05:43:08 PM »

Did anyone read Chris Jerico's book? I read a little of it and thought it was cool. They really made him prove himself at WWE. They didn't care how big a star he was at WCW, He had to start from scratch. He took all the crap and finally got respected. It's a good look at the psychology involved in wrestling. He talks about McMahon being a real tyrant and chewing him out over a match with Chyna. He also talks about how Kane is really a super smart guy. Good read.
bob
I survived Bucky Larson

« Reply #56 on: March 01, 2011, 08:11:29 PM »

Did anyone read Chris Jerico's book? I read a little of it and thought it was cool. They really made him prove himself at WWE. They didn't care how big a star he was at WCW, He had to start from scratch. He took all the crap and finally got respected. It's a good look at the psychology involved in wrestling. He talks about McMahon being a real tyrant and chewing him out over a match with Chyna. He also talks about how Kane is really a super smart guy. Good read.

Is that in his first or second book? I own his first book but haven't read it since I bought it and have a horrible memory.

66Crush
« Reply #57 on: March 01, 2011, 10:39:19 PM »

This is the new one I think it's called "Undisiputed" or something like that. I don't have it, I just read about 20 pages on Amazon, and based on what I read so far, I liked it.
HappyGilmore
B-Movie Kraken

I know Quack-Fu.

« Reply #58 on: March 01, 2011, 11:41:44 PM »

Turns out Kane was like, an English teacher or an English major or some such. 

bob
I survived Bucky Larson

« Reply #59 on: March 02, 2011, 08:42:16 PM »

Turns out Kane was like, an English teacher or an English major or some such. 

For some reason I want to say is a Spanish teacher.

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 146
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Television  |  World Wrestling Entertainment (WWE) « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.