Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 04:05:55 AM
713389 Posts in 53058 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Television  |  World Wrestling Entertainment (WWE) « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 146
Author Topic: World Wrestling Entertainment (WWE)  (Read 739955 times)
bob
I survived Bucky Larson
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Torgo watches you masterbate!

« Reply #75 on: March 09, 2011, 11:33:53 AM »

I hope to see him live before he retires. Thumbup

I did a few years back at a RAW in Milwaukee a few years ago where they had Wrestlemania remwatches. Taker took on Mark Henry that night. Taker's entrance sent shivers down my spine. I also had goosebumps everywhere. Truely a one of a kind expereince.

Kubrick, Nolan, Tarantino, Wan, Iñárritu, Scorsese, Chaplin, Abrams, Wes Anderson, Gilliam, Kurosawa - the elite

I believe in the international communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids.
bob
I survived Bucky Larson

« Reply #76 on: March 09, 2011, 11:39:36 AM »

Thanks for the info guys... however whats up with Steve Austin? How will he be involved at WM?

Yes... Undertaker IS a legend in my eyes. BUT Undertaker vs HHH 2? Why?

Sidenote* I'm thinking he's gona go 25-0 and retire.

I think they're only doing Undertaker/HHH 2 cause there's nobody really 'big' enough to face Undertaker.  He doesn't really have a storyline going with anyone.  Plus, they've faced off numerous times before so they do have some history, and can go until 'Mania without having to have a match.  Plus, HHH is gonna be becoming an executive in full force soon, so they kinda need a way for him to retire.  And he seems to not wanna wrestle anymore, so it's a way for him to bow out.

As for Undertaker, tentative plans have him retiring right around next years WrestleMania.  If he wins that then he'd be 20-0.  Right now, he's 45.  Not entirely old, but by wrestling standards, up there in age.  Given his past with injuries and all, and considering his outside business ventures, he's looking to retire at a relatively young age, and possibly work for WWE in a behind the scenes position if he chooses to take it.  I read that, if he were to lose at 'Mania next year, it'd be to a younger guy, like a Miz or some such, to sort of give them a 'rub' for being the guy to beat the streak.  But it looks like Taker and WWE want the streak intact, as it's part of his legacy.

I have to agree completely with that.

This is because until this year they seemingly made no effort to make new stars ie Miz, Del Rio, etc. combined with Shawn Michaels retiring, Batista leaving, and Jericho leaving there are few drawing matches to use. Cena vs Orton vs Triple H in all forms has been done to death.

Taker vs HHH 2 is a big draw as it has rarely been done. They also need Rock and Austin involved to give it that big time feel as this is the first time since WM 21, unless Im' mistaken, where both title matches have two new talents in them.

Kubrick, Nolan, Tarantino, Wan, Iñárritu, Scorsese, Chaplin, Abrams, Wes Anderson, Gilliam, Kurosawa - the elite

I believe in the international communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids.
HappyGilmore
B-Movie Kraken

I know Quack-Fu.

« Reply #77 on: March 09, 2011, 10:47:17 PM »

I hope to see him live before he retires. Thumbup
It's worth it.  I went to a ECW/Superstars/SmackDown show done in Philly back in November '09.  I had gone to a non-televised event that summer, which was interesting enough, but the biggest stars there were just Jeff Hardy and John Cena.  The Smackdown show was what I wanted to see cause Undertaker and Jericho were there.  The main event for the night was Jericho and Big Show vs. Kane and Undertaker.  Undertaker's entrance was pretty damned cool and he got the loudest ovation of the night.  Although, the second biggest highlight of the night was when the cameras stopped rolling.  We got out of our seats to leave, and we were in the rows close to the ring.  We're leaving and Jericho's grabbing the mic yelling at us "You don't leave til I tell you to leave.  The show's not over jackasses.  You in the red jacket, sit yourself down" and he starts going off, and then Rey Mysterio came out and tried to shut him up, and then Undertaker, setting up a special match between the three.

"The path to Heaven runs through miles of clouded Hell."

Don’t get too close, it’s dark inside.
It’s where my demons hide, it’s where my demons hide.
bob
I survived Bucky Larson

« Reply #78 on: March 12, 2011, 10:18:49 PM »

I still am not 100% sure how Christian fits into Wrestlemania.

HappyGilmore
B-Movie Kraken

I know Quack-Fu.

« Reply #79 on: March 12, 2011, 10:22:33 PM »

At this point they might give him a throwaway match with that big fat guy that's with Del Rio. 

Unless they're having some kind of a battle royal type thing or some such.

JaseSF
Super Space Age Freaky Geek
B-Movie Kraken

Soon, your brain will turn to jelly.

« Reply #80 on: March 12, 2011, 11:48:15 PM »

So far no Money in the Bank match for Wrestlemania...so I'd say a battle royal with the winner getting a title match might be interesting if they do one instead of a throwaway forgettable one like they've done the last few years.

"This above all: To thine own self be true!"
bob
I survived Bucky Larson

« Reply #81 on: March 13, 2011, 12:57:06 AM »

So far no Money in the Bank match for Wrestlemania...so I'd say a battle royal with the winner getting a title match might be interesting if they do one instead of a throwaway forgettable one like they've done the last few years.

I remember a few years back when Kane won a battle royal and became "ECW" champion by defeating Chavo in record time later that night.  Maybe Christian will do that to Del Rio or Edge.

bob
I survived Bucky Larson

« Reply #82 on: March 13, 2011, 12:58:20 AM »

At this point they might give him a throwaway match with that big fat guy that's with Del Rio

Unless they're having some kind of a battle royal type thing or some such.

Big Brodus Clay, the runner up from NXT Season 5. How he got on tv before the winner still makes no sense.

venomx
« Reply #83 on: March 13, 2011, 07:42:49 AM »

I loved going to the live ECW shows in Trenton and Philly back in the 90's... awesome times.

It will never be the same. (November to Remember 1996) I got Tazz's auto back in the day.

Small | Large
bob
I survived Bucky Larson

« Reply #84 on: March 18, 2011, 11:23:00 PM »

So Chirstian beat Del Rio in the cage tonight much to my surprise. I think at this point he's either going to be inserted into the title match or he'll be in Edge's corner.

JaseSF
Super Space Age Freaky Geek
B-Movie Kraken

Soon, your brain will turn to jelly.

« Reply #85 on: March 18, 2011, 11:28:13 PM »

I'd say he'll be Edge's back-up to counteract Brodus Clay in Del Rio's corner. Maybe a betrayal?

"This above all: To thine own self be true!"
bob
I survived Bucky Larson

« Reply #86 on: March 21, 2011, 04:31:03 PM »

So ther was an article on John Cena in yesterdy's Parade Magazine. It talks about his Make a Wish contributions and how he's one of only 4 people to do 200 of them. He says he "can't wait to get to 500."

I've been sick of his on screen character for a few years now but he's awesome in real life.

HappyGilmore
B-Movie Kraken

I know Quack-Fu.

« Reply #87 on: March 21, 2011, 05:06:59 PM »

I was a big fan of Cena back when he was rapping.  I still like him but not as much.  I met him at an event and he was nice and whatnot.  Can't say that's how he is all the time but he seems genuine with the Make a Wish Stuff.

bob
I survived Bucky Larson

« Reply #88 on: March 22, 2011, 11:48:06 PM »

I have a strong feeling HHH vs Taker will mainevent Wrestlemania.

HappyGilmore
B-Movie Kraken

I know Quack-Fu.

« Reply #89 on: March 23, 2011, 11:30:18 AM »

I have a strong feeling HHH vs Taker will mainevent Wrestlemania.
I heard that somewhere.  Don't know.  Last year HBK/Undertaker main evented.  It'll likely happen again this year with HHH.  I was thinking that the Miz/Cena match might.  Don't know.  If Rock's involved in the match at all with Cena, who knows.

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 146
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Television  |  World Wrestling Entertainment (WWE) « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.