Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 02:08:37 PM
714238 Posts in 53092 Topics by 7736 Members
Latest Member: ShayneGree
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Television  |  World Wrestling Entertainment (WWE) « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 146
Author Topic: World Wrestling Entertainment (WWE)  (Read 743240 times)
bob
I survived Bucky Larson
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Torgo watches you masterbate!

« Reply #135 on: April 11, 2011, 01:33:00 AM »

Small | Large

Kubrick, Nolan, Tarantino, Wan, Iñárritu, Scorsese, Chaplin, Abrams, Wes Anderson, Gilliam, Kurosawa - the elite

I believe in the international communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids.
venomx
« Reply #136 on: April 11, 2011, 11:19:06 AM »

Ah... XFL. LOL. BounceGiggle Twirling BounceGiggle
bob
I survived Bucky Larson

« Reply #137 on: April 11, 2011, 11:38:13 AM »

I am only one of 2 people that I know who watched every game from the XFL.  Thumbup

Kubrick, Nolan, Tarantino, Wan, Iñárritu, Scorsese, Chaplin, Abrams, Wes Anderson, Gilliam, Kurosawa - the elite

I believe in the international communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids.
HappyGilmore
B-Movie Kraken

I know Quack-Fu.

« Reply #138 on: April 11, 2011, 08:47:46 PM »

I am only one of 2 people that I know who watched every game from the XFL.  Thumbup
I tried to catch as many as possible.

"The path to Heaven runs through miles of clouded Hell."

Don’t get too close, it’s dark inside.
It’s where my demons hide, it’s where my demons hide.
JaseSF
Super Space Age Freaky Geek
B-Movie Kraken

Soon, your brain will turn to jelly.

« Reply #139 on: April 11, 2011, 09:38:04 PM »

Edge seems to be announcing his retirement right now on Raw... Bluesad

"This above all: To thine own self be true!"
HappyGilmore
B-Movie Kraken

I know Quack-Fu.

« Reply #140 on: April 11, 2011, 09:42:25 PM »

Edge seems to be announcing his retirement right now on Raw... Bluesad
Yeah.  Seems for the best though.  Not worth risking any permanent injury.

bob
I survived Bucky Larson

« Reply #141 on: April 11, 2011, 10:27:54 PM »

It's for the best, but it still sucks.  Bluesad

With Edge gone there aren't many still around from when I was a kid.

venomx
« Reply #142 on: April 12, 2011, 07:50:59 AM »

So your time was when the Headbangers and Gangral were popular?
bob
I survived Bucky Larson

« Reply #143 on: April 12, 2011, 09:36:49 AM »

To give you a time frame the first Wrestlemania I saw live was Wrestlemania 9. Attitude was at it's peak/just beginning when I was in high school.

HappyGilmore
B-Movie Kraken

I know Quack-Fu.

« Reply #144 on: April 12, 2011, 09:56:03 AM »

That's about the time I started re-watching it.  I started watching back in the late '80s (I was born in '84, so I was about 5), and when I was very little, Hulk Hogan, Haku, and Hillbilly Jim were around, as was Jake the Snake.  I fell out of it in the early mid '90s or so, then ECW kinda resparked my interest, with Raven and Sandman and the cruiserweights.  Then I started rewatching the WWF when Mankind and Steve Austin showed up.  The "Attitude" era was a huge hit when I was in high school, and every kid was watching it.  The Rock, Austin, DX, and the like were very popular.  Been watching it since.

venomx
« Reply #145 on: April 12, 2011, 12:14:52 PM »

So you both came into WWF around the "Attitude Era." That's cool. When did you start, xJaseSFx?

I was born in 73 so I go way back. I remember my dad watching wrestling all the time. The very first thing I can remember was Blackjack Mulligan putting "The Claw" on his opponents and my dad saying the censorship is going to put a red X up on the screen so we can't see the blood. Yup, then a big red X came up as Blackjack was putting on The Claw, everytime. Thats as far back as I can remember...

Oh yeah, maybe 81-83? I forget the year, my Grandfather watched wrestling as well. His favorite was Ivan Putski. I remember him telling me Ivan's finisher was "The Polish Hammer".

So it's between Blackjack Mulligan or Ivan Putski that would be the very first wrestler that I have ever seen.
JaseSF
Super Space Age Freaky Geek
B-Movie Kraken

Soon, your brain will turn to jelly.

« Reply #146 on: April 12, 2011, 07:57:32 PM »

I was born in 1973 and I started watching at age 6 so I started around 1978-79 I guess. I recall Jimmy Snuka battling Bob Backlund in the cage for the WWF World title and doing the dive off the top of the cage only to miss as one of my earliest memories of watching. I also saw some local wrestlers that used to appear on George Cannon's Superstars of Wrestling and local hero was Hartford Love who battled against Sailor White. My Dad's favourite was Tito Santana and I recall his winning the Intercontinental title and then his feud with Greg "The Hammer" Valentine. I watched the WWF, the AWA, Canadian International Wrestling as well around this era. Recall Dino Bravo as the main guy in Canadian International Wrestling and his having intense feuds with King Tonga and the Masked Superstar. AWA World Champion Rick Martel used to appear as well as well as AWA World Tag Team Champions the Road Warriors - recall Martel & Bravo battling the Warriors and Martel & Bravo battling Tonga & Superstar. Also there was a great feud between the Rougeau Brothers and the Garvins (Ronnie and Jimmy) managed by Precious. Recall loving the Spoiler at a very young age when he appeared in the WWF, the first villain I really loved. He was a very clever cheater and he could walk the ring ropes like the Undertaker back in those days. I was amazed by him. Also recall the Long Riders impressing in the AWA and International Wrestling, Stan Hansen upsetting Rick Martel for the AWA World Championship, the birth of Hulkamania and the title moving from Backlund to the Iron Sheik to Hogan and the rise of Rowdy Roddy Piper as arguably the greatest heel in wrestling history, Piper's Pit. Also recall being amazed by how massive Andre the Giant seemed to be when I was a kid and how quick he could move in those days. Really I've never stopped watching since I was 6 aside from a few years when I was in university when I really didn't have the time...kind of lost track in the mid-90s and again a little after the 2000s but I eventually caught up with most of what I missed too.

"This above all: To thine own self be true!"
HappyGilmore
B-Movie Kraken

I know Quack-Fu.

« Reply #147 on: April 12, 2011, 09:54:28 PM »

My personal favorite time watching was the ECW stuff.  Seeing the likes of Sabu, RVD, the Dudleys and the Blue Meanie, amongst others, were fun.  Then seeing them all come into the bigger companies like WWE and WCW was a fun time.  I do have to say though, at the tender age of five, I had a Rowdy Roddy Piper lunchbox. 

bob
I survived Bucky Larson

« Reply #148 on: April 13, 2011, 06:06:35 PM »

I grew up watching WCW Saturday Night, The Action Zone, Super Stars, and the early days of RAW.

I think the reason I became a fan was becasue my dad says he took me to see Hulk Hogan in a match when I was really little, like in grade school. It would also explain why he's one of my all-time favorites. Sadly I don't remember this.

But I do remember my dad getting us tickets to see a red hot Goldberg squash The Giant.

bob
I survived Bucky Larson

« Reply #149 on: April 13, 2011, 06:11:28 PM »

I found this, thought I'd share it.

http://vids.wwe.com/11743/wwecom-exclusive-john-cena-expre

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 146
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Television  |  World Wrestling Entertainment (WWE) « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.