Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 05:54:59 AM
713389 Posts in 53058 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Television  |  World Wrestling Entertainment (WWE) « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 146
Author Topic: World Wrestling Entertainment (WWE)  (Read 739995 times)
venomx
« Reply #150 on: April 13, 2011, 06:14:04 PM »

@Jase, Yeah Piper's Pit was the best. IMO Roddy Piper is greatest heel in wrestling history. Thumbup

My favorite... yup, Piper's Pit with Jimmy Snuka! LOL! "You want bannanas? Coconuts?"

Small | Large

@Happy, My favorites were Sabu, RVD, Dreamer and TAZZ! I was at 3 or 4 live events. Late 90's.

I watched Rock 'n' Wrestling on saturday mornings as well! Early 80's.

Small | Large

@Bob, WCW's NWO was my favorite!
bob
I survived Bucky Larson
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Torgo watches you masterbate!

« Reply #151 on: April 13, 2011, 08:52:26 PM »

@Jase, Yeah Piper's Pit was the best. IMO Roddy Piper is greatest heel in wrestling history. Thumbup

My favorite... yup, Piper's Pit with Jimmy Snuka! LOL! "You want bannanas? Coconuts?"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kZbZseTuQ1I

@Happy, My favorites were Sabu, RVD, Dreamer and TAZZ! I was at 3 or 4 live events. Late 90's.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fu9TbilwhOw

Oh man, those guys were great!!!!! The original group that is.

Kubrick, Nolan, Tarantino, Wan, Iñárritu, Scorsese, Chaplin, Abrams, Wes Anderson, Gilliam, Kurosawa - the elite

I believe in the international communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids.
JaseSF
Super Space Age Freaky Geek
B-Movie Kraken

Soon, your brain will turn to jelly.

« Reply #152 on: April 15, 2011, 10:43:02 PM »

Glad they're finally pushing Christian..he deserves it big time. And surprisingly R-Truth is getting one too - he's not great but he does work hard seems to me. Guess the former TNA guys might finally be getting ahead now that they're moved far enough away from TNA and paid some new dues again in WWE. They need to push more young guys especially now Edge has retired (and wow was his speech classy) like C.M. Punk, Drew McIntyre, Cody Rhodes, John Morrison - all these guys are really talented in-ring and have huge potential.

"This above all: To thine own self be true!"
HappyGilmore
B-Movie Kraken

I know Quack-Fu.

« Reply #153 on: April 16, 2011, 08:55:13 AM »

Glad they're finally pushing Christian..he deserves it big time. And surprisingly R-Truth is getting one too - he's not great but he does work hard seems to me. Guess the former TNA guys might finally be getting ahead now that they're moved far enough away from TNA and paid some new dues again in WWE. They need to push more young guys especially now Edge has retired (and wow was his speech classy) like C.M. Punk, Drew McIntyre, Cody Rhodes, John Morrison - all these guys are really talented in-ring and have huge potential.
Christian really should've gotten further of a push back when he was 'Captain Charisma', doing The Peep Show in '05.  Long time coming if you ask me.

Piper's great.  Been a big fan since I was a kid. 
Used to love Tazz.  He was a badass in ECW.

"The path to Heaven runs through miles of clouded Hell."

Don’t get too close, it’s dark inside.
It’s where my demons hide, it’s where my demons hide.
bob
I survived Bucky Larson

« Reply #154 on: April 16, 2011, 09:09:37 AM »

Somewhat off topic but Roddy Piper was in my neck of the woods for an indy show last year. I got my picture taken with him and he autographed by copy of his DVD, which is excellent by the way.

I'm also glad that it looks like WWE is finally getting serious about pushing Christian as the top face on Smackdown. I'm somewhat optimstic about this. He's bee booked strongly every since his return. However, he was booked just as strongly in 2005 on RAW to be a top challenger to Cena for a few months, then for reasons I'm still not sure about they inserted Jericho into that feud, after which Christian was jobbed out on Smackdown after the draft and took his talents to TNA. That isn't to say I don't like Jericho, I do, i just don't understand why he was seemingly randomly inserted into the feud.

Kubrick, Nolan, Tarantino, Wan, Iñárritu, Scorsese, Chaplin, Abrams, Wes Anderson, Gilliam, Kurosawa - the elite

I believe in the international communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids.
venomx
« Reply #155 on: April 18, 2011, 01:23:56 PM »

Small | Large

Here is one of my favorite Dreamer promos... hurts my head. Wink
JaseSF
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #156 on: April 18, 2011, 09:33:26 PM »

Was surprised to see the R-Truth heel turn tonight when John Morrison took Truth's spot at Extreme Rules. That was really well done but I really think they could have done it without having Truth smoke on air...don't think that quite jibes with the PG rating either....

bob
I survived Bucky Larson

« Reply #157 on: April 18, 2011, 10:25:49 PM »

Was surprised to see the R-Truth heel turn tonight when John Morrison took Truth's spot at Extreme Rules. That was really well done but I really think they could have done it without having Truth smoke on air...don't think that quite jibes with the PG rating either....

Yeah, I too was surprised by that. I thought Morrison was gonna turn heel on Truth.

With the draft being next week I was wondering what everyone was thinking in far as who is going where.

I think Daniel Bryan, Sheamus, and Zack Ryder are heading to Friday nights. I think that Big Show and Kane are heading to Monday Night Raw.

JaseSF
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #158 on: April 18, 2011, 10:40:39 PM »

I think Smackdown seriously needs some star power now that Edge has retired so I suspect a major star or two.

To Smackdown:   

C.M. Punk
Ted DiBiase
Sheamus
Daniel Bryan

To Raw:

Cody Rhodes
Big Show
Drew McIntyre
Wade Barrett (becomes leader of Nexus again)

HappyGilmore
B-Movie Kraken

I know Quack-Fu.

« Reply #159 on: April 19, 2011, 10:08:41 AM »

CM Punk will likely go to SmackDown.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=veIgWzJYr_o

Here is one of my favorite Dreamer promos... hurts my head. Wink

I like this one, by Raven, during the midst of his feud with The Sandman.  Been watching ECW on that WWE 24/7 channel. Good good stuff.
Small | Large

JaseSF
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #160 on: April 19, 2011, 08:34:54 PM »

They were hinting at New Nexus turning on Punk...be weird if they turned him face although he does have a fan following out there...think more likely Punk just gets ousted and sent to Smackdown and Barrett comes to Raw and takes over...

bob
I survived Bucky Larson

« Reply #161 on: April 23, 2011, 02:39:17 PM »

A few pages back someone mentioned their favorite moment of the PG era, so I thought I'd share mine.

Small | Large

That was the first time in a long while that I was completely 100% shocked by something for enjoyed it. It also marked the first time in years my friends and I talked about somethingrelated to wrestling for hours after it happened since Vince bought WCW.

HappyGilmore
B-Movie Kraken

I know Quack-Fu.

« Reply #162 on: April 23, 2011, 08:23:32 PM »

A few pages back someone mentioned their favorite moment of the PG era, so I thought I'd share mine.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nVSUelir4Z0

That was the first time in a long while that I was completely 100% shocked by something for enjoyed it. It also marked the first time in years my friends and I talked about somethingrelated to wrestling for hours after it happened since Vince bought WCW.

That was a good moment. 

Think they kinda handled the 'aftermath' weakly but that certainly made people talk for a bit.

bob
I survived Bucky Larson

« Reply #163 on: April 24, 2011, 12:41:16 PM »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nVSUelir4Z0

That was a good moment. 

Think they kinda handled the 'aftermath' weakly but that certainly made people talk for a bit.

I think what stared their demise what Sheffield getting hurt. He was a big part of their beatdowns. Then for reasons I'm still not sure about Darren Young was booted from Nexus. Of course Cena making them look stupid while he was fired didn't help. Neither did Daniel Bryan being fired over choking Justin Roberts with his tie.  However, looknig back they were doomed from the start when they didn't win the 7 on 7 match back at Summer Slam. That really killed them since they're whole thing was being one. It's too bad too, they made me really excited for that ppv for the first time in a  while.

bob
I survived Bucky Larson

« Reply #164 on: April 30, 2011, 05:40:22 PM »

So here's what the shows look like after the draft.

RAW: Alberto Del Rio, Beth Pheonix, Big Shows, Brie Bella, Chris Masters, CM Punk, Curt Hawkins, DH Smith, David Otunga, Dolph Ziggler, Drew McIntyer, Evan Bourne, Eve, Gail Kim, Goldust, Husky Harris, Jack Swagger, Jerry Lawler, John Cena, John Morrison, JTG, Kelly Kelly, Kofi Kingston, Maryse, Mason Ryan, Melina, Michael Cole, Michael McGillicutty, Michael Tarver, Mr. McMahon, Nikki Bella, Primo, R-Truth, Ranjin Singh, Rey Mysterio, Santino Marella, Skip Sheffield, The Miz, Triple H, Tyler Reks, Vickie Guerrero, Vladimir Kozlov, and Zack Ryder.

SD: Alex Riley, Alicia Fox, Brodus Clay, Chavo Guerrero, Christian, Cody Rhodes, Daniel Bryan, Ezekiel Jackson, Heath Slater, Hornswoggle, Jey Uso, Jimmy Uso, Justin Gabriel, Kaitlyn, Kane, Layla, Mark Henry, Michelle McCool, Natalya, Randy Orton, Ricardo Rodriguez, Rosa Mendes, Sheamus, Sin Cara, Tamina, Ted Dibiase, The Great Khali, Teddy Long, Trent Barreta, Tyson Kidd, The Undertaker, Wade Barrett, William Regal and Yoshi Tatsu.

Once again, as is tradition, SD got raped in the draft.  Thumbdown

Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 146
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Television  |  World Wrestling Entertainment (WWE) « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.