Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 10:06:26 AM
714234 Posts in 53092 Topics by 7736 Members
Latest Member: ShayneGree
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Television  |  World Wrestling Entertainment (WWE) « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 146
Author Topic: World Wrestling Entertainment (WWE)  (Read 743204 times)
El Misfit
[Insert witty here]
B-Movie Kraken

Hi there!

« Reply #165 on: May 01, 2011, 09:11:41 AM »

So here's what the shows look like after the draft.

RAW: Alberto Del Rio, Beth Pheonix, Big Shows, Brie Bella, Chris Masters, CM Punk, Curt Hawkins, DH Smith, David Otunga, Dolph Ziggler, Drew McIntyer, Evan Bourne, Eve, Gail Kim, Goldust, Husky Harris, Jack Swagger, Jerry Lawler, John Cena, John Morrison, JTG, Kelly Kelly, Kofi Kingston, Maryse, Mason Ryan, Melina, Michael Cole, Michael McGillicutty, Michael Tarver, Mr. McMahon, Nikki Bella, Primo, R-Truth, Ranjin Singh, Rey Mysterio, Santino Marella, Skip Sheffield, The Miz, Triple H, Tyler Reks, Vickie Guerrero, Vladimir Kozlov, and Zack Ryder.

SD: Alex Riley, Alicia Fox, Brodus Clay, Chavo Guerrero, Christian, Cody Rhodes, Daniel Bryan, Ezekiel Jackson, Heath Slater, Hornswoggle, Jey Uso, Jimmy Uso, Justin Gabriel, Kaitlyn, Kane, Layla, Mark Henry, Michelle McCool, Natalya, Randy Orton, Ricardo Rodriguez, Rosa Mendes, Sheamus, Sin Cara, Tamina, Ted Dibiase, The Great Khali, Teddy Long, Trent Barreta, Tyson Kidd, The Undertaker, Wade Barrett, William Regal and Yoshi Tatsu.

Once again, as is tradition, SD got raped in the draft.  Thumbdown

what if The Rock went to Smack Down? Then, it'll be like the early stage of SD- The Undertaker, Kane, The Rock, STone Cold, those four made SD SUPERIOR to Raw, IMO. Since Stone Cold usually Referees matches, he's sorta out. So now, If The Rock went to SD, wouldn't SD be better than Raw?

yeah no.
bob
I survived Bucky Larson
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Torgo watches you masterbate!

« Reply #166 on: May 03, 2011, 04:10:53 PM »

So here's what the shows look like after the draft.

RAW: Alberto Del Rio, Beth Pheonix, Big Shows, Brie Bella, Chris Masters, CM Punk, Curt Hawkins, DH Smith, David Otunga, Dolph Ziggler, Drew McIntyer, Evan Bourne, Eve, Gail Kim, Goldust, Husky Harris, Jack Swagger, Jerry Lawler, John Cena, John Morrison, JTG, Kelly Kelly, Kofi Kingston, Maryse, Mason Ryan, Melina, Michael Cole, Michael McGillicutty, Michael Tarver, Mr. McMahon, Nikki Bella, Primo, R-Truth, Ranjin Singh, Rey Mysterio, Santino Marella, Skip Sheffield, The Miz, Triple H, Tyler Reks, Vickie Guerrero, Vladimir Kozlov, and Zack Ryder.

SD: Alex Riley, Alicia Fox, Brodus Clay, Chavo Guerrero, Christian, Cody Rhodes, Daniel Bryan, Ezekiel Jackson, Heath Slater, Hornswoggle, Jey Uso, Jimmy Uso, Justin Gabriel, Kaitlyn, Kane, Layla, Mark Henry, Michelle McCool, Natalya, Randy Orton, Ricardo Rodriguez, Rosa Mendes, Sheamus, Sin Cara, Tamina, Ted Dibiase, The Great Khali, Teddy Long, Trent Barreta, Tyson Kidd, The Undertaker, Wade Barrett, William Regal and Yoshi Tatsu.

Once again, as is tradition, SD got raped in the draft.  Thumbdown

what if The Rock went to Smack Down? Then, it'll be like the early stage of SD- The Undertaker, Kane, The Rock, STone Cold, those four made SD SUPERIOR to Raw, IMO. Since Stone Cold usually Referees matches, he's sorta out. So now, If The Rock went to SD, wouldn't SD be better than Raw?

Maybe. Even though Smackdown didn't have nearly as much talent as RAW it was the better of the two shows last year to me once it became apparently Nexus was going to be fed Cena.

Kubrick, Nolan, Tarantino, Wan, Iñárritu, Scorsese, Chaplin, Abrams, Wes Anderson, Gilliam, Kurosawa - the elite

I believe in the international communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids.
JaseSF
Super Space Age Freaky Geek
B-Movie Kraken

Soon, your brain will turn to jelly.

« Reply #167 on: May 08, 2011, 12:37:40 AM »

Well I'd say SD still has the best wrestlers in terms of in-ring but Raw now has the more name talent...wonder if they turn Orton heel again to go after Christian??

"This above all: To thine own self be true!"
HappyGilmore
B-Movie Kraken

I know Quack-Fu.

« Reply #168 on: May 08, 2011, 11:22:34 AM »

So from what I've been reading, it looks very likely that The Undertaker is basically considered "actively retired" at this point, in terms of his status within WWE.  He still has a contract with them, and may do promotional appearances, but in terms of in ring action, looks like it may not happen in the very forseeable future.  Which is part of the reason Michelle McCool has been taken off the road for now.  She's gonna be at home with him. 

As for WWE's future plans with him, talks are in place to have his retirement match at WrestleMania 28 next year in 2012.  The opponent is uncertain as of now.  The optimal plan is to have a 'younger' guy win and 'retire' him, as Undertaker looks like a headlining act for the Hall of Fame next year.  However, certain people within WWE, including HHH, Undertaker and Vince McMahon himself feel that the 'streak' is a highlight for fans and feel that he should go 20-0 and then step down, stating that he's 'unbeatable' and to tarnish that would dishearten some people.  On the other hand, they feel it could be a huge milestone for newer wrestlers, to be "That Guy" who broke it.  Problem is finding that guy. 

Shame.  Undertaker's been consistently entertaining, going back to when I was 7 years old.  He's certainly not 'old', only being around 46 or something.  But he is badly beaten, with knee and rib and back injuries.  From what I understand, he's been smarter than most pro wrestlers, actively saving his earnings in preparation for retirement, and having a slightly successful business outside of WWE.  And from all accounts, executives in WWE have said that they'd love to give him some sort of deal to either A.) work behind the scenes as a creative consultant/road agent similar to Arn Anderson and HHH, or B.) have a "legends" deal where he does interviews on tv shows and do random appearances in a non-wrestling capacity. 

I'm just glad I did get to see him live, at least once.  Granted, it was a tag match on SmackDown, but as a lifelong fan of the guy, I'll take it.  And for the record, it was a tag match in Philly, between Undertaker and Kane, versus Jericho and Big Show.  So I got to see Jericho too. Smile

"The path to Heaven runs through miles of clouded Hell."

Don’t get too close, it’s dark inside.
It’s where my demons hide, it’s where my demons hide.
bob
I survived Bucky Larson

« Reply #169 on: May 09, 2011, 11:51:06 AM »

That's really too bad about Taker. He's one of the few still in WWF/E from when I was a kid.  Bluesad

Kubrick, Nolan, Tarantino, Wan, Iñárritu, Scorsese, Chaplin, Abrams, Wes Anderson, Gilliam, Kurosawa - the elite

I believe in the international communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids.
venomx
« Reply #170 on: May 09, 2011, 04:46:21 PM »

I don't care when or where... I need to see Undertaker LIVE before WM 28 or his retirement plan.

Even if it's an autograph session... I don't care.

He's my favorite wrestler of ALL time! Even more so then Ultimate Warrior and Hulk Hogan.
bob
I survived Bucky Larson

« Reply #171 on: May 09, 2011, 06:38:25 PM »

So I got a new job justifying the actions of heels in the realm of professional wrestling.

The first article is R-Truth turning on John Morrison.

Link is below for anyone who wants to check it out.

http://bit.ly/kfxQVi

HappyGilmore
B-Movie Kraken

I know Quack-Fu.

« Reply #172 on: May 09, 2011, 09:28:33 PM »

That's really too bad about Taker. He's one of the few still in WWF/E from when I was a kid.  Bluesad

Same here.  He debuted as Undertaker when I was 7 or so.  Good long run, to be sure.  But, I'm sure he'll be utilized to a degree, even if it's in a non-wrestling capacity, potentially as an on-air character like a GM or announcer or such.  And he's in a better spot than say, Flair, Hall, Hogan or others who never saved their money or had issues with bad business decisions or alcohol and drugs. 

From what I heard, if anything, he may have a limited match at SummerSlam in August, potentially a tag match, leave til the Royal Rumble, then do a short run leading to his match at Mania.

I don't care when or where... I need to see Undertaker LIVE before WM 28 or his retirement plan.

Even if it's an autograph session... I don't care.

He's my favorite wrestler of ALL time! Even more so then Ultimate Warrior and Hulk Hogan.

Again, this is just talk.  But seeing as it's been like, 3-4 years since he's had a real steady schedule, it sounds more likely to be true.  They may want to use him as an attraction of sorts, like a special referee or guest manager down the line to draw fans in to the arena.  I only recently started going to events about two years ago, so I was very lucky to see him when I did.  He was mainly doing pay-per-views at the time but was doing an angle against Jeri-Show so made it so SmackDown.  By the way, his entrance? The loudest ovation I'd heard, and I saw John Cena and Jeff Hardy at a show. Buggedout

venomx
« Reply #173 on: May 12, 2011, 04:39:31 PM »

You guys remember Jason Sensation right? Anyway I like his Ric Flair Impression... he's funny.

Small | Large

NSFW
« Last Edit: May 12, 2011, 04:43:12 PM by Venomx » Logged
bob
I survived Bucky Larson

« Reply #174 on: May 13, 2011, 12:37:38 PM »

So I was really out of it last week and didn't catch Smackdown. I just got done watching it through the epicness of hulu to see that Christian had his knees cut out from under him.

I personally would've much rather enjoyed Christian holding the belt for a while instead Orton holding it yet again.  Thumbdown Thumbdown

HappyGilmore
B-Movie Kraken

I know Quack-Fu.

« Reply #175 on: May 13, 2011, 10:15:23 PM »

So I was really out of it last week and didn't catch Smackdown. I just got done watching it through the epicness of hulu to see that Christian had his knees cut out from under him.

I personally would've much rather enjoyed Christian holding the belt for a while instead Orton holding it yet again.  Thumbdown Thumbdown
I'd prefer Christian to have kept it.  Man deserves it.

I'm hoping at some point, maybe this Over the Limit pay-per-view, or even the next one in June, Christian regains it.

JaseSF
Super Space Age Freaky Geek
B-Movie Kraken

Soon, your brain will turn to jelly.

« Reply #176 on: May 13, 2011, 10:54:35 PM »

Orton really doesn't need as he's over fine without it but it would give Christian a great boost and firmly establish him as a top guy...

"This above all: To thine own self be true!"
bob
I survived Bucky Larson

« Reply #177 on: May 16, 2011, 01:43:07 AM »

Just finished watching Rise and Fall of WCW. Aside from the predictable revisionist history that is to be expeced in WWE DVDs it's really interesting. It's pretty much the opposite of what WWE did in the Monday Night Wars DVD where they completely and totally buried WCW. That's not to say WCW isn't criticzed in this one, but I think it's a a more fair and honest look at what WCW. I highly recommend it.

venomx
« Reply #178 on: May 16, 2011, 05:38:47 PM »

Small | Large

I'm* still looking for that promo when Taz shoots on Sabu...

"April 19th... Im going to choke you out" says that over and over and over lol. - something like that.
« Last Edit: May 17, 2011, 10:39:06 AM by Venomx » Logged
HappyGilmore
B-Movie Kraken

I know Quack-Fu.

« Reply #179 on: May 16, 2011, 10:20:05 PM »

Just finished watching Rise and Fall of WCW. Aside from the predictable revisionist history that is to be expeced in WWE DVDs it's really interesting. It's pretty much the opposite of what WWE did in the Monday Night Wars DVD where they completely and totally buried WCW. That's not to say WCW isn't criticzed in this one, but I think it's a a more fair and honest look at what WCW. I highly recommend it.
WCW does get sh*t upon way too much.

However, they made some of the worst decisions ever made by an organization, so, meh. Smile

Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 146
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Television  |  World Wrestling Entertainment (WWE) « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.