Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 04:00:23 AM
713389 Posts in 53058 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Television  |  World Wrestling Entertainment (WWE) « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 146
Author Topic: World Wrestling Entertainment (WWE)  (Read 739953 times)
HappyGilmore
B-Movie Kraken

I know Quack-Fu.

« Reply #285 on: July 08, 2011, 09:55:22 PM »

I can name 4 that I met directly. 

The Blue Meanie- A then-local radio DJ named Kidd Chris is a former pro-wrestler and was good friends with Meanie.  Kidd got fired from his job here in Philly and held a 'going away' party at a small (very small) bar here with his band.  I went, as it happened to be my birthday and I got to pick the bar.  Lo and behold, during a cover of a Van Halen song, Meanie hopped onstage to a thundering of applause and people shouting "ECW!" at him.  He hopped offstage and as myself and a friend were getting drinks, he happened to be next to us with his girlfriend.  We had a nice talk, he mentioned going to Ohio for Al Snow's wedding, and it turns out we have two mutual friends. Buggedout

Kane- He happened to come to my local mall for an autograph thing.  He was kind enough to actually talk to everybody, cause normally they kinda look at you and say "hi" and that's about it.

Drew MacIntyre- This is a bit of a stretch at "Meeting", but, every summer the WWE does a house show down in Wildwood, New Jersey, on the boardwalk.  Myself and a few friends had bought a couple first row seats about two years ago.  During his entrance, he kinda stopped and posed near us.  I kinda just drunkenly yelled out that he sucked and asked where his lovely skirt was.  He kinda just laughed and looked at me like  huh?Question.  Then he hopped in the ring (it was less than ten feet from where we were, place is small), grabs the mic, points at me and starts doing a promo. TeddyR

Dean Malenko- Met him at a house show, although at this point he was retired and working as an agent.  I spotted him sitting by the guardrail, near the lighting board.  A match was taking place, and it was a quick exchange of something like, "Aren't you Dean Malenko?" "Yeah".  "Big fan", "Appreciated man" and a quick handshake.

"The path to Heaven runs through miles of clouded Hell."

Don’t get too close, it’s dark inside.
It’s where my demons hide, it’s where my demons hide.
bob
I survived Bucky Larson
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Torgo watches you masterbate!

« Reply #286 on: July 08, 2011, 10:13:52 PM »

met directly: Rob Van Dam, John Cena, Roddy Piper, Iron Sheik

Kubrick, Nolan, Tarantino, Wan, Iñárritu, Scorsese, Chaplin, Abrams, Wes Anderson, Gilliam, Kurosawa - the elite

I believe in the international communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids.
venomx
« Reply #287 on: July 09, 2011, 07:33:58 AM »

"F$@! Y^#@!... ^%#&!@ %^@... You @$$$@%#@!" "I break Hogan's back, then make him humble!"

When I met The Iron Sheik I was hoping for that, but no... he was really calm and cool lol.
bob
I survived Bucky Larson

« Reply #288 on: July 12, 2011, 10:05:33 PM »

"F$@! Y^#@!... ^%#&!@ %^@... You @$$$@%#@!" "I break Hogan's back, then make him humble!"

When I met The Iron Sheik I was hoping for that, but no... he was really calm and cool lol.

He was for me too...I was kinda surprised.

Kubrick, Nolan, Tarantino, Wan, Iñárritu, Scorsese, Chaplin, Abrams, Wes Anderson, Gilliam, Kurosawa - the elite

I believe in the international communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids.
HappyGilmore
B-Movie Kraken

I know Quack-Fu.

« Reply #289 on: July 13, 2011, 11:01:22 AM »

Small | Large

Not really WWE, but damn.  What a pop for the Sandman.  He was in WCW for about a year, gone from ECW.  His contract was up, and he shows up about a week before November to Remember 1999, returning to his home at the ECW Arena.  Rat-hole arena, but damn, did all 2000 or so those fans appreciate it. Buggedout

Small | Large

DX Invades Nitro

bob
I survived Bucky Larson

« Reply #290 on: July 13, 2011, 11:26:37 PM »

I always wondered what WCW would've done if DX got in

JaseSF
Super Space Age Freaky Geek
B-Movie Kraken

Soon, your brain will turn to jelly.

« Reply #291 on: July 13, 2011, 11:30:59 PM »

An interesting question...would wrestling today be better if WCW in some fashion had survived (not been purchased by WWE)? Ever wonder if wrestling might have been different if Verne Gagne had recognized Hogan's true star potential in the AWA? What if the NWA had remained in territories and Vince hadn't expanded? Who would have been the 90s NWA World Heavyweight Champion??

"This above all: To thine own self be true!"
Nightowl
Bad Movie Lover

Local TV-Movie Nerd!

« Reply #292 on: July 14, 2011, 12:16:38 AM »

No, If not bought by Vince it would have faded away one way or another. It was entertaining, but boring at times. Goldberg was your only new real superstar out of the bunch. Really no breathing room for new comers to come along and make a name for themselves.

HappyGilmore
B-Movie Kraken

I know Quack-Fu.

« Reply #293 on: July 14, 2011, 09:44:26 PM »

If the executives at Turner didn't wanna get rid of WCW due to the loss of money, it'd likely be a different industry.  I honestly think the ratings would be tied right about now.  When Vince Russo took over, the ratings actually did go up.  Then they got rid of him, they went down.  Brought him back, they started to go up, but not to where they were when he was there initially.  Goldberg, and DDP to an extent, were the only two stars who really did 'break out' in terms of mainstream appearances.  Jericho, Big Show, Guerrero, and a few others only got that success once on WWE tv. 

Speaking of WCW, I found this video:
Sting- Seek and Destroy.
Small | Large

He was one wrestler, besides Flair, that made me want to watch WCW as a kid.  I remember when I was 6 or so, seeing him with the orange and brown facepaint, more of a surfer.  One guy I always sort of wanted to see pop up in WWE yet never has.

bob
I survived Bucky Larson

« Reply #294 on: July 15, 2011, 11:52:44 PM »

Taker has a new look these days

HappyGilmore
B-Movie Kraken

I know Quack-Fu.

« Reply #295 on: July 16, 2011, 08:19:41 AM »

Taker has a new look these days

What?!

Yeesh.

I hope he comes back eventually.  Doubt it though.

Nightowl
Bad Movie Lover

Local TV-Movie Nerd!

« Reply #296 on: July 16, 2011, 10:15:33 AM »

Wow! he doesnt even look like the same guy. I miss the good ol' days with him and Paul Bearer and the ol' purple & black colors...memories

bob
I survived Bucky Larson

« Reply #297 on: July 17, 2011, 11:23:50 PM »

Cheers Cheers Cheers

HappyGilmore
B-Movie Kraken

I know Quack-Fu.

« Reply #298 on: July 18, 2011, 10:30:19 PM »

Soo...Punk is the WWE champ, or RAW champ, whatever that belt is called.

And...Cena wasn't fired.

And...HHH told Vince that he's been relieved of his duties.

And, there was an 8 man tournament that went nowhere.

And Punk got to watch the Chicago Cubs.

Worst RAW to follow up a ppv ever. Bluesad

bob
I survived Bucky Larson

« Reply #299 on: July 18, 2011, 10:58:50 PM »

Soo...Punk is the WWE champ, or RAW champ, whatever that belt is called.

And...Cena wasn't fired.

And...HHH told Vince that he's been relieved of his duties.

And, there was an 8 man tournament that went nowhere.

And Punk got to watch the Chicago Cubs.

Worst RAW to follow up a ppv ever. Bluesad

those last 30 minutes really really killed the rest of the show, which was great

Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 146
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Television  |  World Wrestling Entertainment (WWE) « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.