Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 10:31:46 AM
713409 Posts in 53060 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Television  |  World Wrestling Entertainment (WWE) « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 146
Author Topic: World Wrestling Entertainment (WWE)  (Read 740084 times)
HappyGilmore
B-Movie Kraken

I know Quack-Fu.

« Reply #300 on: July 19, 2011, 09:57:59 AM »

So, Punk is Twittering pics of his belt in the fridge, and hanging out with Colt Cabana.

And, as if he's a trusted news-source, X-Pac confirmed that Vince has indeed stepped down and HHH is in charge.

Cause, the co-star of 1 Night In Chyna is now a news-source.

I hope Punk turns up somewhere soon.

"The path to Heaven runs through miles of clouded Hell."

Don’t get too close, it’s dark inside.
It’s where my demons hide, it’s where my demons hide.
JaseSF
Super Space Age Freaky Geek
B-Movie Kraken

Soon, your brain will turn to jelly.

« Reply #301 on: July 20, 2011, 01:43:16 PM »

Lots of great stuff going on in WWE these days... really hope they keep moving in a positive direction building more and more new talent. Great to see the recent successes of C.M. Punk (you know this whole thing had to be planned yet they way they played it really got fans going and wondering - hope this leads to seeing more of Colt Cabana who was an awesome talent WWE let get away, be cool maybe if they've got something worked out with ROH or Japan and Punk does show up their with the WWE Championship, the one with the lineage stretching back to Bruno, Bob Backlund, Hogan, Savage, Graham and Rogers), Daniel Bryan (winning MITB), Alberto Del Rio (also winning MITB), Christian regaining the World Heavyweight Championship...lots of intriguing possibilities happening. It's been a long time since guys fan actually like started getting pushed this way...

"This above all: To thine own self be true!"
bob
I survived Bucky Larson
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Torgo watches you masterbate!

« Reply #302 on: July 20, 2011, 03:27:23 PM »

remember this?

Small | Large

Kubrick, Nolan, Tarantino, Wan, Iñárritu, Scorsese, Chaplin, Abrams, Wes Anderson, Gilliam, Kurosawa - the elite

I believe in the international communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids.
HappyGilmore
B-Movie Kraken

I know Quack-Fu.

« Reply #303 on: July 20, 2011, 03:27:38 PM »

Punk in New Japan is a possibility. Yuke's owns 55% of New Japan. Yuke's also works with THQ on the WWE series of video games. There's talk of ROH possibly being in a partnership with WWE, a pseudo farm league, so to speak.

Damien Valley
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #304 on: July 21, 2011, 10:09:03 AM »

Punk in New Japan is a possibility. Yuke's owns 55% of New Japan. Yuke's also works with THQ on the WWE series of video games. There's talk of ROH possibly being in a partnership with WWE, a pseudo farm league, so to speak.

I wouldn't exactly just call it a farm league.  It's been the top and most popular indy promotion for the last eight to nine years.

I'm not surprised WWE is going this direction.  Their stock is way way down literally.  Their PPV buyrates are atrocious.  They need to do something to get back their core demographic which is leaving in droves.  The 18 to 45 male.
HappyGilmore
B-Movie Kraken

I know Quack-Fu.

« Reply #305 on: July 21, 2011, 09:21:51 PM »

I wouldn't exactly just call it a farm league.  It's been the top and most popular indy promotion for the last eight to nine years.

I'm not surprised WWE is going this direction.  Their stock is way way down literally.  Their PPV buyrates are atrocious.  They need to do something to get back their core demographic which is leaving in droves.  The 18 to 45 male.
Yeah.  I am a huge fan of ROH.  Going back to the days of them having a tv show on here in Philly waaaaayyyy back in '03 or so.  Back when they had Christopher Daniels, Bryan Danielson, AJ Styles, Samoa Joe, and CM Punk all in one building, along the likes of Mikey Whipwreck and Jerry Lynn.

When I say a 'pseudo farm league', I meant that only in a passing remark.  Kinda like how ECW was a farm league of sorts.  An independently run promotion, where WWE would essentially loan them money and talent in exchange for a gimmick and such.  I don't think it's happened yet, but I could see it happening.  Primarily due to HHH having more say.  Stephanie wants to do some entertainment style stuff, and HHH knows 'wrestling.'  Merging the two should work out.

HappyGilmore
B-Movie Kraken

I know Quack-Fu.

« Reply #306 on: July 26, 2011, 11:36:13 AM »

CM's appearance on RAW last night. TeddyR TeddyR
Small | Large

Small | Large

JaseSF
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #307 on: July 26, 2011, 08:26:56 PM »

They kind of rushed his return after I believe ratings dropped without him last week... it would have been neat if he had actually shown up in Japan with the title but anyways, I don't think he's ever been more over than he is right now.

HappyGilmore
B-Movie Kraken

I know Quack-Fu.

« Reply #308 on: July 26, 2011, 10:35:14 PM »

They kind of rushed his return after I believe ratings dropped without him last week... it would have been neat if he had actually shown up in Japan with the title but anyways, I don't think he's ever been more over than he is right now.
Yeah.  I feel it's a bit rushed as well.

He is insanely popular right now.  I think they felt, in a way, they had to rush it.  Cena's getting more boo's everyday.  Cena/Mysterio could've sold SummerSlam, but with Punk getting the biggest reactions of his career, they probably want to capitalize as soon as possible.  I'm hoping they're in it for the long-term, barring any injuries to Punk or Cena.

bob
I survived Bucky Larson

« Reply #309 on: July 27, 2011, 10:26:53 AM »

I'm starting to think Punk has a chance to be the next Austin

Kubrick, Nolan, Tarantino, Wan, Iñárritu, Scorsese, Chaplin, Abrams, Wes Anderson, Gilliam, Kurosawa - the elite

I believe in the international communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids.
HappyGilmore
B-Movie Kraken

I know Quack-Fu.

« Reply #310 on: July 27, 2011, 10:50:06 AM »

I'm starting to think Punk has a chance to be the next Austin
Roughly, yes.  Unless they manage to screw it up.  It is the "PG" era after all.  But I think bringing in Jim Ross could help. 

bob
I survived Bucky Larson

« Reply #311 on: July 27, 2011, 06:20:03 PM »

I'm listening to a Punk interview on a podcast where he's not in character, very interesting stuff

http://www.grantland.com/podcasts

HappyGilmore
B-Movie Kraken

I know Quack-Fu.

« Reply #312 on: July 27, 2011, 10:04:24 PM »

Small | Large

HappyGilmore
B-Movie Kraken

I know Quack-Fu.

« Reply #313 on: July 27, 2011, 10:48:24 PM »

Undertaker Tribute.
Small | Large

I've been a longtime fan of wrestling, going back to having wrestling toys at the age of 3 in '87.  Undertaker's been at the top of my list of all-time favorite wrestlers.  Unfortunately, I didn't get the opportunity to see many live shows due to financial situations.  However, I did get to attend a couple back in '09.  Fortunately, one of those was a SmackDown taping that Undertaker was at, teaming with Kane against Jericho and Big Show.

Granted, the past few years he's been relatively retired with a limited schedule.  But to just see that entrance, even at a Smackdown, makes me happy.

JaseSF
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #314 on: July 27, 2011, 11:41:03 PM »

A sad reality... Bluesad

Small | Large

Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 146
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Television  |  World Wrestling Entertainment (WWE) « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.