Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 06:01:43 AM
713391 Posts in 53058 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Television  |  World Wrestling Entertainment (WWE) « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 107 108 [109] 110 111 ... 146
Author Topic: World Wrestling Entertainment (WWE)  (Read 740003 times)
JaseSF
Super Space Age Freaky Geek
B-Movie Kraken

Soon, your brain will turn to jelly.

« Reply #1620 on: September 29, 2014, 03:47:10 PM »

Raw's in Punk territory tonight. Could be interesting...

In the meantime, we can relive some Punk & Colt Cabana stuff on youtube.

CM Punk and Colt Cabanna Promo back in 2003 Small | Large

09 - The Second City Saints (Chapter II) - Colt Cabana Small | Large

"This above all: To thine own self be true!"
VenomX73
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #1621 on: September 29, 2014, 05:28:40 PM »

Gilligan's island, Goonies and Godzilla information booth here!
JaseSF
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #1622 on: September 29, 2014, 08:34:34 PM »

Raw has been a mind-numbing bore again tonight aside from some brief fun spots from Dean Ambrose ("Oh no, they've sent the cruiserweight division after me!"  BounceGiggle )...John Cena, yawn, Randy Orton, yawn (well at least he's beginning to show signs of defying the Authority...)...hope it gets better but it probably won't. Sheamus, yawn! Really we're supposed to care about a guy in a bunny suit, Hornswoggle in a silly gator costume fighting another midget dressed like a bull...Gawd WWE is awful, awful, awful these days!!!  Aside from Dean Ambrose, perhaps Seth Rollins, everything else going down in WWE these days is either stupid or boring.  Daniel Bryan is injured, Roman Reigns is injured, ADR was fired, Rey Mysterio is on the outs, Batista hasn't come back yet, Brock is part-time. WWE really needs guys like Punk & Cabana because they actually aren't boring and stupid.

If only we had a cool faction like the Dangerous Alliance around these days! If only something interesting happened...perhaps Cena turned heel. Maybe if an entertaining faction actually took over...maybe if the Wyatts turned on the Authority....something interesting instead of the same boring old sh8t week after week after week....

Sorry about the Rant.
« Last Edit: September 29, 2014, 09:31:22 PM by JaseSF » Logged

cqmorrell
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #1623 on: September 30, 2014, 04:08:46 PM »

Raw has been a mind-numbing bore again tonight aside from some brief fun spots from Dean Ambrose ("Oh no, they've sent the cruiserweight division after me!"  BounceGiggle )...John Cena, yawn, Randy Orton, yawn (well at least he's beginning to show signs of defying the Authority...)...hope it gets better but it probably won't. Sheamus, yawn! Really we're supposed to care about a guy in a bunny suit, Hornswoggle in a silly gator costume fighting another midget dressed like a bull...Gawd WWE is awful, awful, awful these days!!!  Aside from Dean Ambrose, perhaps Seth Rollins, everything else going down in WWE these days is either stupid or boring.  Daniel Bryan is injured, Roman Reigns is injured, ADR was fired, Rey Mysterio is on the outs, Batista hasn't come back yet, Brock is part-time. WWE really needs guys like Punk & Cabana because they actually aren't boring and stupid.

If only we had a cool faction like the Dangerous Alliance around these days! If only something interesting happened...perhaps Cena turned heel. Maybe if an entertaining faction actually took over...maybe if the Wyatts turned on the Authority....something interesting instead of the same boring old sh8t week after week after week....

Sorry about the Rant.

On the bright side, we've got plenty of talent to look forward to from NXT: Devitt, Steen, KENTA, Sami Zayn, Tyler Breeze, Adrian Neville, Charlotte, etc.
JaseSF
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #1624 on: September 30, 2014, 04:22:27 PM »

WWE as it is right now won't do anything with them but book them in forgettable matches and feuds...Big E was a NXT guy, he's an afterthought now. He did good work early on with Dolph Ziggler & AJ Lee. Look how well Bo Dallas, Emma, Adam Rose have done....no one really cares about any of them in WWE. The current PG WWE is closest in style to the early gimmick laden 1990s of WWF and WCW but arguably even worse.

VenomX73

« Reply #1625 on: September 30, 2014, 04:46:16 PM »

Wrestlemania 21 Pulp Fiction

Gilligan's island, Goonies and Godzilla information booth here!
HappyGilmore
B-Movie Kraken

I know Quack-Fu.

« Reply #1626 on: September 30, 2014, 06:47:29 PM »

I'm actually digging Adam Rose and the Bunny.  Goofy? Sure.  Wrestling's always had goofy gimmicks. 

"The path to Heaven runs through miles of clouded Hell."

Don’t get too close, it’s dark inside.
It’s where my demons hide, it’s where my demons hide.
HappyGilmore
B-Movie Kraken

I know Quack-Fu.

« Reply #1627 on: September 30, 2014, 06:50:34 PM »

A tribute to Hulk Hogan, WWF Desire.  If it wasn't for Hogan, I wouldn't have been a wrestling fan. 
The Best Hulk Hogan Tribute! WWE Desire Small | Large

JaseSF
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #1628 on: September 30, 2014, 09:39:01 PM »

WWE sports entertainment today is basically watered down pro wrestling without any edge or oomph. When Jamie Noble and Joey Mercury as rip-offs of Mr. McMahon's Stooges are more entertaining than more than half your roster, there's a problem. I'd rather have Justin Gabriel than the Bunny, the heel Gabriel that used to be part of Nexus. Put a manager with him, have his decimate Rose and leave him a bloody beaten mess and then I might be interested.

I will say that if it continues as is, I won't be watching Raw on Mondays anymore. Anything else is more entertaining than a watered down wrestling kids show (and one which is in no way as entertaining as the cartoonish wrestling of WWF in the 1980s which had far more memorable wrestlers) . I'll take the NHL if it's available, or watch what I really love - tapes of Professional Wrestling the way it used to be. I'll take 80s NWA, 80s AWA, 80s-90s WWF, 90s WCW, 90s ECW, 80s Calgary Stampede, 80s WCCW, 80s Memphis Wrestling, 2000s ROH, 2000s NOAH, all over this crap WWE tries to pass off as wrestling nowadays. Hell I'll even take 50s-60s wrestling over it. The 1970s too of course.

AWA Best of the 1970s - PT 1 of 6

I've watched wrestling since the 1970s and I've never seen it as bad as it is these days. I suspect Vince McMahon is very overrated as a promoter. Really the stuff he did that really took off he stole a lot of ideas and talent from elsewhere (ECW in the 1990s, the AWA and NWA in the 1980s). A lot of the really cool stuff came from the wrestlers themselves who took to WWE things they'd done successfully elsewhere. Hogan (in the AWA), Piper (in Georgia), Austin & Foley (in ECW), etc.
« Last Edit: September 30, 2014, 11:36:27 PM by JaseSF » Logged

cqmorrell
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #1629 on: October 01, 2014, 01:08:59 AM »

An Easter egg a friend of mine found in WWE 2K14, the reflection of the last pre-HD Raw set can be seen in the astronaut helmet under Other, in Create A Superstar mode.
HappyGilmore
B-Movie Kraken

I know Quack-Fu.

« Reply #1630 on: October 01, 2014, 08:50:55 AM »

An Easter egg a friend of mine found in WWE 2K14, the reflection of the last pre-HD Raw set can be seen in the astronaut helmet under Other, in Create A Superstar mode.
That's pretty cool.  I hadn't noticed that before. 

HappyGilmore
B-Movie Kraken

I know Quack-Fu.

« Reply #1631 on: October 01, 2014, 08:55:39 AM »

WWE sports entertainment today is basically watered down pro wrestling without any edge or oomph. When Jamie Noble and Joey Mercury as rip-offs of Mr. McMahon's Stooges are more entertaining than more than half your roster, there's a problem. I'd rather have Justin Gabriel than the Bunny, the heel Gabriel that used to be part of Nexus. Put a manager with him, have his decimate Rose and leave him a bloody beaten mess and then I might be interested.

I will say that if it continues as is, I won't be watching Raw on Mondays anymore. Anything else is more entertaining than a watered down wrestling kids show (and one which is in no way as entertaining as the cartoonish wrestling of WWF in the 1980s which had far more memorable wrestlers) . I'll take the NHL if it's available, or watch what I really love - tapes of Professional Wrestling the way it used to be. I'll take 80s NWA, 80s AWA, 80s-90s WWF, 90s WCW, 90s ECW, 80s Calgary Stampede, 80s WCCW, 80s Memphis Wrestling, 2000s ROH, 2000s NOAH, all over this crap WWE tries to pass off as wrestling nowadays. Hell I'll even take 50s-60s wrestling over it. The 1970s too of course.

I've watched wrestling since the 1970s and I've never seen it as bad as it is these days. I suspect Vince McMahon is very overrated as a promoter. Really the stuff he did that really took off he stole a lot of ideas and talent from elsewhere (ECW in the 1990s, the AWA and NWA in the 1980s). A lot of the really cool stuff came from the wrestlers themselves who took to WWE things they'd done successfully elsewhere. Hogan (in the AWA), Piper (in Georgia), Austin & Foley (in ECW), etc.
I don't completely disagree with you.  I agree on most points.  Unfortunately, I feel the Publicly Traded thing has watered down the product somewhat.  Also, having a team of 15 writers trying to write and McMahon overruling any decisions made the day of the show doesn't help.  McMahon has virtually nothing to do with NXT and it's the best show they've got.  HHH runs that. 

The highlights of most Raw's are Ambrose, Rollins, Cesaro, Ziggler, and for me, personally, any segment with Rose and/or Santino.

HappyGilmore
B-Movie Kraken

I know Quack-Fu.

« Reply #1632 on: October 01, 2014, 01:43:50 PM »

I met Pitbull Gary Wolf from ECW this morning. Interesting guy.

bob
I survived Bucky Larson

Torgo watches you masterbate!

« Reply #1633 on: October 01, 2014, 05:38:25 PM »

Here's everyone in WWE that interests me at the moment: Brock Lesnar, Undertaker, The Wyatts, The Usos, Dean Ambrose, Seth Rollins, Roman Reigns, Wade Barrett, The Miz, Dolph Ziggler, Bo Dallas, Chris Jericho, Cesaro and Daniel Bryan.

Kubrick, Nolan, Tarantino, Wan, Iñárritu, Scorsese, Chaplin, Abrams, Wes Anderson, Gilliam, Kurosawa - the elite

I believe in the international communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids.
JaseSF
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #1634 on: October 01, 2014, 07:10:38 PM »

The rumor mill is saying they might put a title belt on the Bunny. That's just silly...leave the comedy stuff out of the title picture. Although I guess it is nothing new for WWE...remember Hornswoggle is the last cruiserweight champion, Jacqueline and Chavo Guerrero Sr. also had runs with it. I find Rose very annoying and his shtick too. I think most fans are quickly growing tired of his act. WWE rarely changes anything these days...if characters don't evolve, people will get tired of them and they will eventually get released more than likely in short order. Every character is replaceable with someone else it seems. I'm so sick of PG WWE. There's very little to appeal to an adult male in their programming right now. We were getting more watered down tame stuff in the early 90s and then came along Paul Heyman and ECW. I hope someone else like that comes along. For now, I think I will focus more on non-WWE product unless I hear of an improvement and probably skip Raw on Mondays. Smackdown is usually the better show anyways.

Pages: 1 ... 107 108 [109] 110 111 ... 146
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Television  |  World Wrestling Entertainment (WWE) « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.