Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 11:41:33 PM
714253 Posts in 53092 Topics by 7736 Members
Latest Member: ShayneGree
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Television  |  World Wrestling Entertainment (WWE) « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 119 120 [121] 122 123 ... 146
Author Topic: World Wrestling Entertainment (WWE)  (Read 743356 times)
HappyGilmore
B-Movie Kraken

I know Quack-Fu.

« Reply #1800 on: January 22, 2015, 11:22:42 AM »

Stone Cold Steve Austin.  My all-time favorite wrestler.
Stone Cold Steve Austin Tribute Cult Of Personality

"The path to Heaven runs through miles of clouded Hell."

Don’t get too close, it’s dark inside.
It’s where my demons hide, it’s where my demons hide.
JaseSF
Super Space Age Freaky Geek
B-Movie Kraken

Soon, your brain will turn to jelly.

« Reply #1801 on: January 22, 2015, 05:49:58 PM »

I always felt the Destruction Crew gave great interviews in the AWA. They were arguably the most entertaining thing about the AWA in its end days. Apparently they were very stiff in the ring though. I always felt they were a bit underrated and were a surprisingly long running team having teamed in the WWF as the Beverly Brothers, a gimmick that was never as good as their Destruction Crew AWA one and as the Minnesota Wrecking Crew II in WCW and eventually just teaming as Mike Enos & Wayne Bloom as their careers started winding down...

The Destruction Crew Interviews 1991 Small | Large

The Destruction Crew vs Greg Gagne and Paul Diamond Small | Large

"This above all: To thine own self be true!"
VenomX73
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #1802 on: January 22, 2015, 09:58:21 PM »

is Brock a baby face now? I see Sting is around...

any word on Undertaker yet?

With how they're building up Bray Wyatt, pretty sure it'll be him vs. Taker at Mania.

Well that sucks. What about Sting vs Undertaker?... do you think? still happen?

Gilligan's island, Goonies and Godzilla information booth here!
HappyGilmore
B-Movie Kraken

I know Quack-Fu.

« Reply #1803 on: January 22, 2015, 10:45:27 PM »

With how they're building up Bray Wyatt, pretty sure it'll be him vs. Taker at Mania.

Doubt it. Unless it happens next year. Mania 32 is in Texas.

cqmorrell
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #1804 on: January 23, 2015, 09:16:26 PM »

I'm thinking they're going to build up to Sting vs HHH. No idea who Taker would face, if he's healthy enough.
JaseSF
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #1805 on: January 30, 2015, 04:54:56 PM »

It's obviously going to be Bray Wyatt. I have zero interest in this Wrestlemania given we're going to get a crappy main event in Roman Reigns vs. Brock Lesnar. I can think of 15 wrestlers off the top of my head I'd rather see Lesnar wrestle than Reigns (in order of preference: Randy Orton, Daniel Bryan, Seth Rollins, Dean Ambrose, Dolph Ziggler, the Rock, Triple H, Sheamus, Big E, Bray Wyatt, Rusev, Chris Jericho, Big Show, Bad News Barrett, and Mark Henry). Reigns doesn't deserve this push. He hasn't paid his dues. This is worse than last year when they pushed Batista who at least was a former World champion. And yeah Batista is yet another guy I'd have taken over Reigns). Sure they may give us perhaps 2 good, possibly great if they get time, matches in Bryan-Ziggler and Rollins-Orton but man, the rest of this Wrestlemania card so far is shaping up rather poorly (Reigns-Lesnar, Taker-Wyatt, Sting-Triple H, Cena-Rusev). You know Lesnar's leaving after this for UFC and may never wrestle again. Shame we never got to see him against some of the talent named above...

Royal Rumble from what I heard completely sucked aside from the World title match with Rollins vs. Lesnar vs. Cena. In the Rumble, they made Bryan, Ziggler, Ambrose, & Wyatt look like jobbers in favor of 2 guys who should be retired (Kane & Big Show) and one guy who hasn't done anything to deserve where he's heading.

VenomX73

« Reply #1806 on: January 30, 2015, 06:38:03 PM »

Roman Reigns comments on the Royal Rumble crowd in Philadelphia: January 26, 2015

I had no idea Sika was Reigns father.

Speaking of next gen stars what ever happed to Ted DiBiase Jr.?

HappyGilmore
B-Movie Kraken

I know Quack-Fu.

« Reply #1807 on: January 30, 2015, 08:10:52 PM »

It's obviously going to be Bray Wyatt. I have zero interest in this Wrestlemania given we're going to get a crappy main event in Roman Reigns vs. Brock Lesnar. I can think of 15 wrestlers off the top of my head I'd rather see Lesnar wrestle than Reigns (in order of preference: Randy Orton, Daniel Bryan, Seth Rollins, Dean Ambrose, Dolph Ziggler, the Rock, Triple H, Sheamus, Big E, Bray Wyatt, Rusev, Chris Jericho, Big Show, Bad News Barrett, and Mark Henry). Reigns doesn't deserve this push. He hasn't paid his dues. This is worse than last year when they pushed Batista who at least was a former World champion. And yeah Batista is yet another guy I'd have taken over Reigns). Sure they may give us perhaps 2 good, possibly great if they get time, matches in Bryan-Ziggler and Rollins-Orton but man, the rest of this Wrestlemania card so far is shaping up rather poorly (Reigns-Lesnar, Taker-Wyatt, Sting-Triple H, Cena-Rusev). You know Lesnar's leaving after this for UFC and may never wrestle again. Shame we never got to see him against some of the talent named above...

Royal Rumble from what I heard completely sucked aside from the World title match with Rollins vs. Lesnar vs. Cena. In the Rumble, they made Bryan, Ziggler, Ambrose, & Wyatt look like jobbers in favor of 2 guys who should be retired (Kane & Big Show) and one guy who hasn't done anything to deserve where he's heading.
The Divas match was okay, considering Paige and Nattie had to carry the Bellas.  For what that was...it was ok.  But the best match by far was the triple threat.  If Rollins isn't champ by the summer, they have NO CLUE what they're doing.  

Also, Sting-HHH can be a pretty decent match.  Sting's a veteran who knows how to have a great match and HHH is still relatively capable of good matches if given a decent amount of time. 

Taker-Wyatt, I'm kinda scared to see.  I love Undertaker to death.  Wyatt is a great worker.  But having Taker lose two years in a row leaves a bad taste in fans mouths and having Wyatt lose could bury him.
« Last Edit: January 30, 2015, 08:13:41 PM by HappyGilmore » Logged

VenomX73

« Reply #1808 on: January 30, 2015, 08:39:28 PM »

Yup. That looked pretty damn real to me! I think he caught him on that one.

HappyGilmore
B-Movie Kraken

I know Quack-Fu.

« Reply #1809 on: January 30, 2015, 08:56:23 PM »

Roman Reigns gets BOOED.  LOUDLY.  At the Rumble by Philadelphia.

He gets crapped upon on a live SmackDown this week.

People cheer, LOUDLY, for Daniel Bryan.

But WWE says "The fans don't know what they want.  Daniel Bryan isn't popular."

If WWE can't hear 20,000 people chanting "YES!" along with Bryan, then I don't even know what to say anymore.

Daniel Bryan makes an important decision: Raw, Jan. 13, 2014

JaseSF
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #1810 on: January 30, 2015, 09:32:35 PM »

Reigns feels like a manufactured Cena-esque WWE guy. Many are calling him Cena 2.0. and after a decade of Cena, well fans don't want to go through that again. He has never gotten organically over with the crowd outside of the Shield unlike Daniel Bryan, who is by far the most over guy in the company right now. Reigns though has the look Vince wants but in-ring, he can only do about 2-3 moves that aren't punching or kicking, he can't cut a promo worth a crap (and unfortunately Vince seems to be scripting him to say stupid stuff), and he just hasn't paid his dues. It just feels like he's getting ahead because of his family connections (the Samoan family have long ties with WWF/WWE) and the way he looks. He hasn't paid any dues though and the fans know it. Wouldn't be surprised of some of the roster doesn't like it either for that reason...Now if they gave Reigns another year or two to pay his dues, improves, perhaps allow him to get his own persona/personality (if he has one, I haven't seen it yet) across, etc...maybe then he'd be ready but he isn't even ready to main event Wrestlemania. The fans booed Batista last year because it should have been Bryan's year but at least Batista had paid his dues, was a former world champ, and had been on top a long time. He saw the fans react and wisely helped turn himself heel. When Bryan got injured last year, fans did not want Bryan to leave or his title run to end. Because that was cut short, they want him to have a longer run again. (Imagine a Rollins-Bryan feud over the title, that would be awesome).

Personally I'm hoping Rollins cashes in on Reigns at Mania for which he'll probably get cheered anyways (think of the matches Rollins can have with Ambrose, Orton, Bryan, Ziggler and others, he'd be an awesome champ)...honestly if they stick to Reigns vs. Lesnar, I suspect a lot of fans won't even watch Wrestlemania this year.
« Last Edit: January 30, 2015, 09:35:28 PM by JaseSF » Logged

HappyGilmore
B-Movie Kraken

I know Quack-Fu.

« Reply #1811 on: January 30, 2015, 09:36:14 PM »

Shouldn't Bryan technically have a 'rematch' clause? He never lost it. 

JaseSF
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #1812 on: January 30, 2015, 09:37:37 PM »

Yes, he should but they've conveniently forgotten that. WWE higher-ups think Bryan is too small to have a match with Lesnar but his matches with Batista prove he could do it IMO.

HappyGilmore
B-Movie Kraken

I know Quack-Fu.

« Reply #1813 on: January 30, 2015, 09:44:10 PM »

Hopefully they wait until Rollins gets it and he uses it. 

Solid matches, there. 

VenomX73

« Reply #1814 on: January 30, 2015, 09:52:08 PM »

Rollins...

I'm not completely sold on Rollins. Can you suggest a match for me to watch?

as I'm starting to like Reigns and Dean Ambrose. They have character.

Pages: 1 ... 119 120 [121] 122 123 ... 146
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Television  |  World Wrestling Entertainment (WWE) « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.