Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 07:28:14 AM
713394 Posts in 53059 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  Movie Reviews  |  Jackass Number Two « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Jackass Number Two  (Read 2951 times)
CoreyHeldpen
Bad Movie Lover

I think these komodos need to leave this cruise.

« on: April 23, 2007, 08:33:03 PM »

Maybe I'm just a sick, perverse freak, but I loved the first Jackass flick. Sure, it had some moments where even I had to look away from the screen or gag, but overall, I had a great time watching these fools torture themselves. But lightening doesn't always strike twice in the same place, and I can honestly say that I didn't really enjoy Jackass Number Two as much as I wanted too.

You know the plot. Johnny Knoxville, Bam Magera, Ryan Dunn, Chris Pontius, Steve-o, Wee Man, and some other idiots are on yet another epic quest to hurt themselves for our amusement. They succeeded with flying colors the first time, yet just barely squeeze by here. Why? Jackass has always crossed the line and gone over the top. But here, they go bit TOO far across the line, a bit TOO far over the top.

Sure, I'm amused by the puppet show at the beginning. I'm repulsed, but still entertained by the butt chug. But I'm just plain disgusted Steve-o sticks a fishing hook through his cheek. Jackass Number Two is incredibly gross and depraved, even by Jackass standards. There are times when I swear it kind of looks more like a really messed-up snuff video than a comedy, such as the man-fishing and leech-on-the-eye parts. It so crude, so tasteless, than not even a sick, perverse freak like me can really fully enjoy it.

So although it has some shining moments, like the musical number at the very end, Jackass Number Two doesn't live up to the first. Actually, it barely lives up to the average episode of Viva La Bam.

SCORE:  Smile Smile out of five

"The only three things I hate are demons, malfunctioning robots, and monster movies that don't show you the monster."
Torgo
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2007, 10:17:16 PM »

I thought that the 2nd one wasn't quite as laugh out loud funny as the 1st, but I still enjoyed it.

"There is no way out of here. It'll be dark soon. There is no way out of here."
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  Movie Reviews  |  Jackass Number Two « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.