Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 19, 2024, 01:15:51 AM
712922 Posts in 53040 Topics by 7722 Members
Latest Member: GenevaBarr
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  The 5 Second Rule « previous next »
Poll
Question: Do you use the 5 second rule?
Yes...A little floor spice makes everything nice! - 3 (23.1%)
No...That's disgusting! - 3 (23.1%)
Sometimes...depends on the type of food - 7 (53.8%)
What's the 5 second rule? - 0 (0%)
Total Voters: 11

Pages: [1]
Author Topic: The 5 Second Rule  (Read 6276 times)
Ash
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

23 Year Badmovies.org Veteran

« on: April 06, 2007, 04:13:40 AM »

I stopped by my parents' house last night before I went to work and they were just sitting down to eat some pizza they had ordered.
They asked me if I wanted some and I accepted.

I grabbed a slice, put it on a paper plate which I held in my right hand...and as I was reaching with my left hand for my glass of water on the nearby countertop, the slice slipped off the plate and landed cheese-side-up on the floor.
I picked it up and ate it anyway.
It was on the floor for all of 3 seconds.

Check out this funny clip:
Small | Large

How about you?
Do you follow the 5 second rule?

« Last Edit: April 07, 2007, 12:16:28 AM by Ash » Logged
Menard
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2007, 05:55:52 AM »

Now I have to pick on you about this (aw heck, I'll pick on you about anything TongueOut).

The same man who is anal about not putting a roll of toilet paper on a countertop due to sanitary concerns will eat food off of a floor?

What's up with that?

BTW, I voted 'no, that's disgusting'.
fortunato
Bad Movie Lover

The laziest man on mars.

« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2007, 08:57:39 AM »

Pizza, I should think, would be one of the worst things to drop and scarf.

Goblins still exist. Your Grandpa Seth is telling you!

Are you nuts? You tryin' ta turn me into a homo?

You're TEARING ME APART, Lisa!

"May I remind you that I am in command here! Only an idiot would attempt such a thing. I will do it myself."
Poogie
Bad Movie Lover

uuummmmmm.....BOO!

« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2007, 10:10:07 AM »

It would depend on what it is. I keep my floors pretty clean around here because we have 3 cats and 2 dogs so it's a every day job of vacuuming and mopping, huaagh. The pizza, if it landed like you said, it would be okay, just a little wipe off would do the job, now if it landed the other way, no way would I eat it. Anything that is dry would be okay. If it's a moist food forget it, the dogs would beat me to it anyway, hah.  Smile

Boogie...Boogie...Boogie...Boogie...  
Andrew
Administrator

I know where my towel is.

« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2007, 11:04:04 AM »

Pizza, I should think, would be one of the worst things to drop and scarf.

I can think of several things that would be worse:  yogurt, sweet potatoes, ice cream...

And, no, I should not participate in this poll.  Quite often, I believe that the Marine Corps messmen cook the heck out of stuff to kill whatever they know is growing on it.  "Hey, this cabbage has purple moss or something!"  "That is all right, just boil it for thirty minutes."

Andrew Borntreger
Badmovies.org
dean

« Reply #5 on: April 06, 2007, 11:27:51 AM »

I suppose it all depends on the floor as well!  TeddyR

I mean, dropping something sticky in the dirt, maybe not the best choice, but dropping a biscuit on a hardwood floor?  Easily get away with more than 5 seconds [unless that floor is really god-awful]

Is it me or is this supposed to be the 10 second rule?  Or are we just lazier down here?

------------The password will be: Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« Reply #6 on: April 06, 2007, 12:32:05 PM »

Well...and I will probally be shunned forever for this...I have ate live earthworms on a dare.My son took a bite out of a fried chicken breast...and said "I'm full." And tossed it into the trash! "Are you crazy! That ain't cheap! Gimme that!" And I fished it out,wiprd it off with a paper towel...and ate it. I f you knew half the crap that goes into the store bought food you eat...you would never eat again. I've seen blueberry pie filling made from wild huckleberry harvested in Canada...which had frozen,legless grasshoppers boiled right up with the berries...which go into your yummy snack pies.I work in a cannery.

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
Poogie
Bad Movie Lover

uuummmmmm.....BOO!

« Reply #7 on: April 06, 2007, 12:46:12 PM »

Well...and I will probally be shunned forever for this...I have ate live earthworms on a dare.My son took a bite out of a fried chicken breast...and said "I'm full." And tossed it into the trash! "Are you crazy! That ain't cheap! Gimme that!" And I fished it out,wiprd it off with a paper towel...and ate it. I f you knew half the crap that goes into the store bought food you eat...you would never eat again. I've seen blueberry pie filling made from wild huckleberry harvested in Canada...which had frozen,legless grasshoppers boiled right up with the berries...which go into your yummy snack pies.I work in a cannery.

Ha..Ha..I found you....How's your tooth-ache? Hope it's feeling better. Sorry to interupt the thread....  Lookingup  Wink

RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #8 on: April 06, 2007, 12:51:02 PM »

The swelling went down...the doc gave me an antibiotic. So as long as I have anti biotics in my systym...I can eat food out of the trash! Hooray! BounceGiggle

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
Poogie
Bad Movie Lover

uuummmmmm.....BOO!

« Reply #9 on: April 06, 2007, 01:29:05 PM »

RC, I'm glad to hear that... Smile But watch out for those coffee grounds.  BounceGiggle

RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #10 on: April 06, 2007, 02:33:44 PM »

"Chicken...GOOD! Coffee grounds...BAAAD!!!! EAGHHH!!!!"

You guys showda never taught me to post images...now I find an exscuse to post images in every other answer...!(Thanks again!)

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
Dennis
Yes, it's true, absolutely true. I am a

I'm sorry, did I break your concentration?

« Reply #11 on: April 06, 2007, 10:01:51 PM »

I will pick up and eat certain foods, crackers, chips, nuts, stuff like that, and only after a close inspection. Anything else, no way. Our 2 dogs seem to be psychic, if something falls they're almost always there inside of 5 seconds so I guess maybe they believe in the rule too, or  not, I've seen some of the other, aaah, stuff that they chew on.

RC, I get carried away with the pictures too.

Reach for the heavens in hope for the future for all that we can be, not what we are. Henry John Deutschendorf Jr.
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  The 5 Second Rule « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.