Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 05:14:16 PM
713366 Posts in 53058 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  SNOW! On EASTER! BRRRR! « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: SNOW! On EASTER! BRRRR!  (Read 5597 times)
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« on: April 07, 2007, 02:41:58 PM »

Here in our little corner of the world( Lawton,Michigan) there is a blizzard...and our boiler(read HEAT) is broke down. We're heating our house(a 2 story old farmhouse with the cookstove and clothes dryer. Brrr! It hasn't snowed on Easter in MANY moons! Any oddball weather happing in your neck of the woods?

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
Poogie
Bad Movie Lover

uuummmmmm.....BOO!

« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2007, 03:00:48 PM »

Hi...Here in Sunny So. Calif., it's cloudy and expecting some drips, not us, but real watery drips. It's usually sunny and kind of warm on Easter.  Smile

Boogie...Boogie...Boogie...Boogie...  
Doc Daneeka
The Game is Finished?
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

It's neVer over!

« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2007, 05:02:42 PM »

My uncle had snow up in Pennsylvania, I was surprised as hell seeing the early summer here. But it snowed there... at 71 degrees! Buggedout

https://www.youtube.com/user/silverspherechannel
For the latest on the fifth installment in Don Coscarelli's Phantasm saga.
dean

« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2007, 11:26:43 PM »

Perfect day today, and here I am sitting indoors.

That's it.  I'm getting up and leaving!!!!   BounceGiggle

Damn perfect weather, making me get a tan on my pasty-white skin...

------------The password will be: Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch
Raffine

« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2007, 12:36:15 AM »

It's supposed to get down to the low 20's or upper teens here tonight (about 40 miles east of Nashville, TN). Looks like no peaches this year...  Hatred

Drafty old farm houses are a pain to heat under good circumstances. I lived in mine for four years with nothing but propane wall heaters (none of that there fancy city gas out here!) and fireplaces. Last fall I finally broke down (and my bank account) and got a heat pump.

If you're an Andy Milligan fan there's no hope for you.
Yaddo 42

Where's that brick.......

« Reply #5 on: April 08, 2007, 06:11:28 AM »

Here in North Alabama, our weather is similar to Raffine's. 20s at night, flirting with 60 during the day. Too cold to mow the lawn again despite the rapid growth after a day or two of heavy rain. What a switch, last week we were setting records for highs in spring, mid 80s during the days, mid 60s at night. I was thisclose to turning on my air conditioning after running the ceiling fans and opening my windows at night. And I like it warmer than most around here.

But those crazy freaky peacocks on the horse farm behind me are letting out the mating calls, weird weather or not.

Next week supposed to be closer to normal.

blah blah stuff blah blah obscure pop culture reference blah blah clever turn of phrase blah blah bad pun blah blah bad link blah blah zzzz.....
moravec
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #6 on: April 08, 2007, 08:15:50 AM »

Ahh- sping is Not here.

Northeast Ohio, it's 26 degrees wnd chill is 14, and lake effect snow.

I am the *Sciolist's* Worst Nightmare.
Raffine

« Reply #7 on: April 08, 2007, 09:12:57 AM »

Here in North Alabama

Hey!

I grew up in Guntersville, home of bass fishing and the Bigfoot that plagued my childhood.

I cut my teeth on the movies at the Lake Theater, the Martin Theater in Albertville, and the Marshall County Drive-In.

All, sadly, long gone.

If you're an Andy Milligan fan there's no hope for you.
BoyScoutKevin

« Reply #8 on: April 09, 2007, 11:23:44 AM »

We're under a cold wave, which is unusual for this time of year, for the part of the country in which I live. There was even talk of snow. Which is even rarer, as it only snows once or twice a year. But, so far we haven't seen any.
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« Reply #9 on: April 09, 2007, 04:51:35 PM »

Today is better...about 40F. I hate our boiler...this spring I am tearing out the boiler and putting in a gas furnace...or I'll fix up the firepalce or put in a woodstove. I gotta check out the old chimney...see whats gotta be done to it...uhhhh....

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
raj

« Reply #10 on: April 09, 2007, 06:47:04 PM »

Toledo here, we've been having snow flurries all week.  No real accumulation, but still fraking cold. 
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  SNOW! On EASTER! BRRRR! « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.