Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 18, 2024, 10:06:59 PM
712916 Posts in 53040 Topics by 7722 Members
Latest Member: GenevaBarr
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  What Was That Film?  |  Grizzlybear that can transform into a bird? and maby be the devil. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Grizzlybear that can transform into a bird? and maby be the devil.  (Read 27324 times)
Braunshweiger
New Visitor

« on: April 07, 2007, 05:58:08 PM »

Im looking for a "man killing Grizzlybear movie"
i saw it when i was a kid. so i must been done before 1986

Its NOT a cartoon its real people/animals in it.
Its NOT
The Beastmaster (1982) http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0083630/
Grizzly (1976) http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0074593/
Claws (1977) http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0075857/
Beasts (1983) http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0139883/

The plot is: A bunch of hunters tracks down a wounded bear.
One of the hunters say:
A wounded bear is more dangerous than an not wounded (or simular)

An other scene is when the hunters almoust have tracked down the bear long away
from the willages I think its snow on the ground.

One hunter (maby an older man) freaks and starts yelling
Its not a bear we hunt! Its the devil himself!
Hes up there in the tree and watching us right now!

Now the camera zooms in an hawk/eagle/predator bird
Then later on i think same man yells
Hes there!
Then the camera zooms in on a mountainlion/wolf.

Anyway the bear cud transform into other animals (if the hunter was right)
Does anyone know which film this is?
« Last Edit: April 07, 2007, 05:59:54 PM by Braunshweiger » Logged
Andrew
Administrator
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

I know where my towel is.

« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2007, 07:06:59 PM »

I have to say that the film that jumps to mind is "Claws," though I do not remember all the weirdness about them thinking it can change shape.

Andrew Borntreger
Badmovies.org
Braunshweiger
New Visitor

« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2007, 08:45:02 AM »

Ok thanks

But it is not claws.

If my memories is correct, the hunters is on snowy ground, and they see the bird in a three and the old man yells Its him! its the devil himself!
Then the bird dissapere and the bear is cloose to them and attacks,
then run away then they see a mountainlion or wolf
and the old man says he is the devil and desquise himself in other apperences and only become a bear when he attacs.

And maby a guy in a shopper flying over them and says hes there.

I know there are simularites in al "Grizzly movies" but the strongest scene is the one when they first see the bird and then the bird dissaperes and the bear is there the next secondor so it was really a intence scene.

in claws the old man see statues of bears and so and freaks out, but not in the movie im looking for then he really see a eagle or so.

Thats why i mention The Beastmaster Like Dar se from a birds look where the prey is.
becourse if i recall right the bear can transform into a bird and see the people from the air and follow them fast from the air then fast land and become the bear to kill them.

I know this sounds really weird, but i have seen the movie several times, but recorded some s**tty movie over it when i needed a tape.
« Last Edit: April 08, 2007, 08:50:52 AM by Braunshweiger » Logged
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2007, 10:26:47 AM »

I'm thinking maybe SHADOW of the HAWK (1976),in which evil spirits disguise themselves as animals throughout the film...yet I have'nt seen it since it's release in the 70's...and the IMBD gives no plot line....Chief Dan George was in it,and indian legends are involved.

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
Andrew
Administrator

« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2007, 11:31:57 AM »

The strange thing is that this reminds me of a movie I have been trying to remember the title of.  It had a group of either hunters or soldiers (possibly around the time of the civil war - or even earlier) who were slowly killed off by a malevolent force in the wilderness.  They had a woman with them.  I believe it was meant to be an evil spirit and I think it could shapechange.  The setting was the US, back when there was a frontier.

SPOILER AHEAD

At the end of the film, I believe it turned out that the woman was the evil spirit.  My search turned up "Cry Blood, Apache" as something similar, but I do not believe that is the film.  I wonder if Braunshweiger could remember that same film or even been crossing it with "Claws."  Time and old memories can do that.

Andrew Borntreger
Badmovies.org
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #5 on: April 08, 2007, 01:08:51 PM »

The strange thing is that this reminds me of a movie I have been trying to remember the title of.  It had a group of either hunters or soldiers (possibly around the time of the civil war - or even earlier) who were slowly killed off by a malevolent force in the wilderness.  They had a woman with them.  I believe it was meant to be an evil spirit and I think it could shapechange.  The setting was the US, back when there was a frontier.

SPOILER AHEAD

At the end of the film, I believe it turned out that the woman was the evil spirit.  My search turned up "Cry Blood, Apache" as something similar, but I do not believe that is the film.  I wonder if Braunshweiger could remember that same film or even been crossing it with "Claws."  Time and old memories can do that.

I remember reading about the movie you descibe in the Psychotronic Video Guide...and for the last hour have been trying to locate it...grrr! Very frustrating!

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
JaseSF
Super Space Age Freaky Geek
B-Movie Kraken

Soon, your brain will turn to jelly.

« Reply #6 on: April 08, 2007, 01:25:58 PM »

Some of that dialogue sounds like it's from THE EDGE (1997) but I don't recall said bear tranforming into other animals although other animals might have been mistaken for it.

"This above all: To thine own self be true!"
Braunshweiger
New Visitor

« Reply #7 on: April 08, 2007, 01:29:44 PM »

Shadow of the Hawk
Really seems hard to track down.

No im sorry i dont remember seeing that film
all "when animals attack" movies ive seen is taking place in the 70/80s.
Either the animals got taste of manflesh or they got wounded erlier by a hunter and is out of revenge.

Claws is just a copy of Grizzly, a bear that kills people.
Becoure of sloppy hunter, it seeks revenge.

Its not The Edge either sure its a good movie maby the best "bear attacking man" movie.

But the film im looking for ive seen before 1986 so it must be a 70s/80s movie.
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #8 on: April 08, 2007, 02:28:52 PM »

Maybe DAY of the ANIMALS (1977)? According to IMDB,a chopper is in it as well,and the animals on a mountain all are going apesh!t because of the ozone being messed up.

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
BoyScoutKevin

« Reply #9 on: April 09, 2007, 02:08:53 PM »

SPOILER AHEAD

I don't know the name of Braunschweiger's movie, but "Shadow of the Hawk" seems to be a good guess, especially if one of the scenes occurs on a rope-suspension bridge, but I know Andrew's.

The film Andrew is thinking of, was called "The Shadow of Chikara," and came out in 1977. A Rebel captain (Joe Don Baker), a professor [this is beginning to sound like "Gilligan's Island"] (Ted Neeley) and a half-breed Irishman (Joy Houck, jr.) go looking for diamonds in Arkansas, just after the end of the Civil War. And they run into a woman (Sandra Locke) who is more then she appears. Also starring Slim Pickens as Virgil Cane

A B-movie, but alot more memorable than alot of "A" films. Maybe because the screenwriter was Herschell Gordon Lewis.

It's had alot of titles over the years.

"Chikara"
"Demon Mountain"
"Diamond Mountain"
"The Ballad of Virgil Caine"
"The Curse of Demon Mountain"
"Wishbone Cutter"
"Shadow Mountain"
"The Ballad of Virgil Caine"

It also has the distinction of being one of the few horror-westerns ever made.

I think this film has popped up on this board before.
quabrot
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #10 on: April 10, 2007, 01:39:42 AM »

Could it be Prophecy
Andrew
Administrator

« Reply #11 on: April 10, 2007, 05:35:37 AM »

Thank you BoyScoutKevin, that finally puts that search to rest.  Maybe this time I will remember the title.

I do not think that it will be either "Prophecy" or "Day of the Animals."  Neither of them have the characters hunting the bear.  They are trying to avoid the dangerous animal(s) in both of them.  Leslie Nielsen does go nuts and try to hug a bear to death in the latter film, but there is not much build-up to that scene.  The bear just appears out of nowhere.

Andrew Borntreger
Badmovies.org
Jordan
B-Movie Site Webmaster
Bad Movie Lover

Thunderball Fists?! I can have such a thing?!

« Reply #12 on: April 11, 2007, 12:20:31 AM »

I don't believe it's Shadow of the Hawk. I own a copy and don't really recall anything that matches what Braunshweiger has mentioned. (However, it's been a good month or two since I've watched it...) Hmm......... and I agree Andrew, it's not Prophecy or Day of the Animals....
Wow, this one's a toughie.....

-----
The Vault Master
Caretaker of The B-Movie Film Vault
-----
akiratubo

« Reply #13 on: April 30, 2007, 06:31:14 AM »

Is it a movie about Indians/Eskimos, or white hunters?

Kneel before Dr. Hell, the ruler of this world!
Braunshweiger
New Visitor

« Reply #14 on: May 03, 2007, 05:33:39 PM »

Is it a movie about Indians/Eskimos, or white hunters?
I think they were white and spoke english.
They had kind of modern rifles with semiautoreload and wore jeans i think.
(20 year memories might not be so accurate)
Pages: [1] 2
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  What Was That Film?  |  Grizzlybear that can transform into a bird? and maby be the devil. « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.