Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 06:16:15 AM
713391 Posts in 53058 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  What Was That Film?  |  Solved  |  Sci-Film with white trash kid running around blowing some stuff up... « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Sci-Film with white trash kid running around blowing some stuff up...  (Read 4041 times)
nycalling
New Visitor

« on: April 09, 2007, 04:46:38 AM »

If I remember right, the film was set in the mid to later 80s (or at least filmed during it) and reminded me a LOT of Laser Blast, but the protagonist was younger, very white trash and 'troubled'
!!Spoiler alert!!
I remember the kid was being pursued by a government agency and ends up being gunned down at the end.

So remember, it's NOT Laser Blast.
Seen this on HBO a coupe times in the late 80s and early 90s, but for the life of me I can NOT remember the title!

Thanks.....

I think after a bit I may try to review a hard to find film, maybe something odd or offbeat
Mr_Vindictive
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

By Sword. By Pick. By Axe. Bye Bye.

« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2007, 08:55:08 AM »

Nycalling, the film you mentioned is one that I watched numerous times back in the late 80s/early 90s, and I too could not remember the name for the life of me.

I posted it on here a while back, and come to find out the film is:

Deadly Weapon from 1989 - http://imdb.com/title/tt0097171/

It's a pseudo remake of Laser Blast, and was produced by Charles Band.  Seek it out on Amazon.  I picked up a VHS copy for a little over a buck...but beware....the film has not held up well over the years.

A bald man named Savalas visited me last night in a dream.  I think it was a Telly vision.
Ash

23 Year Badmovies.org Veteran

« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2007, 11:40:06 AM »

Yep...it's definitely Deadly Weapon.

I used to own it on VHS but it disappeared years ago.
It does have some good moments and the backpack and gun are pretty neat looking.
But it does have some really bad acting here & there.
And it has the late Kim Walker who played Heather #1 in Heathers.

The best scene is when the kid blasts his dad in the face with the death ray and turns him into a burnt skeleton.

« Last Edit: April 09, 2007, 11:48:54 AM by Ash » Logged
nycalling
New Visitor

« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2007, 10:58:28 PM »

I KNEW I hadn't dreamed this one up!
If I can get it, I will surely do so!
akiratubo

« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2007, 06:00:53 AM »

Whoa!  Seeing the box brought it all back.  I used to think this was the greatest movie ever.

Kneel before Dr. Hell, the ruler of this world!
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  What Was That Film?  |  Solved  |  Sci-Film with white trash kid running around blowing some stuff up... « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.