Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 12:37:21 PM
713351 Posts in 53056 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  DVD Spree « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 4
Author Topic: DVD Spree  (Read 16569 times)
Evan
Bad Movie Lover

« on: April 10, 2007, 08:05:38 PM »

Heres some recent DVDs I acquired:

The Parasit DVD was free because the Used DVD store misplaced it into another one of my cases.
Oldskool138
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2007, 08:11:00 PM »

John Saxon = The most underrated actor ever!

He learned almost too late that man is a feeling creature... and because of it, the greatest in the universe........
-Dr. Paul Nelson (Peter Graves)

That gum you like is going to come back in style.
-The Man from Another Place
Javakoala
« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2007, 08:18:40 PM »

If only someone could see their way clear to release a version of PARASITE in the original 3D. It makes the pipe in the gut scene that much more vivid.

<sigh>
« Last Edit: April 11, 2007, 05:50:48 AM by Javakoala » Logged
Andrew
Administrator
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

I know where my towel is.

« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2007, 08:55:41 PM »

That is a good haul and - wow, how did I miss that "Hands of Steel" was out on DVD?  (Even as part of a set.)  Another thing for my wish list.  I swear, this forum is not good for me on so many levels.

Andrew Borntreger
Badmovies.org
Jordan
B-Movie Site Webmaster
Bad Movie Lover

Thunderball Fists?! I can have such a thing?!

« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2007, 07:48:01 PM »

Yeah, it's not so good to be addicted to buying DVDs (but hey, it beats being a druggie and an alcoholic, right?!). I just got these fine discs the other day:

Godzilla Raids Again (Classic Media has truly made up for their past offenses against Godzilla)
Mothra Vs. Godzilla (Ditto)
Phantasm (new anchor bay release)
Phantasm III (Ditto)
Revenge of the Nerds: Atomic Wedgie Collection (all 4 flicks for 20 bucks!)
The Tingler
Tommy Boy (Holy Schnike Edition)

That's all I'm allowed to get this month, and more than I really wanted, but you know how it goes. Once you start buying, you just can't seem to stop.....  Buggedout

-----
The Vault Master
Caretaker of The B-Movie Film Vault
-----
Andrew
Administrator

I know where my towel is.

« Reply #5 on: April 11, 2007, 07:56:06 PM »

Godzilla Raids Again (Classic Media has truly made up for their past offenses against Godzilla)
Mothra Vs. Godzilla (Ditto)

I had picked up the "Godzilla Raids Again" via Classic Media's mail order a few months ago when the delay was announced for the retail release.  What a great print of that movie!  It was even better than the Japanese LD I had.  I am going to have to get their "Godzilla vs. Mothra" release as well.

Andrew Borntreger
Badmovies.org
Evan
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #6 on: April 11, 2007, 07:58:39 PM »

Congrats on the Tingler! I love Vincent! Hopefully I will get these movies in a couple of days:

A Night to Dismember
Santa Claus (old 1960's version)
Dark Universe
Morons From Outer Space
and other assorted gems
« Last Edit: April 11, 2007, 08:07:40 PM by Evan » Logged
The Burgomaster
Aggravating People Worldwide Since 1964

« Reply #7 on: April 12, 2007, 07:47:36 PM »

Thanks for reminding me about INVASION OF THE BLOOD FARMERS.  I bought it a few years ago when it was originally released on DVD.  I'll need to dust it off and watch it again soon.  Highly entertaining.

"Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me either. Just pretty much leave me the hell alone."
Evan
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #8 on: April 12, 2007, 07:59:53 PM »

Raffine

« Reply #9 on: April 12, 2007, 09:05:24 PM »

I swear, this forum is not good for me on so many levels.

Since joining this forum I've been compelled to buy:

A SOUND OF THUNDER
Drive In Movie 50 Pack
THE ALIEN FACTOR/FIEND Dohler Double Feature
NIGHTBEAST
The Blood Island Vacation Collection
CRIMINALLY INSANE/CRAZY FAT ETHEL II/SATAN'S BLACK WEDDING: Nick Millard Triple Feature
(stream of consciousness purchase)

Where do I send the bill?  Twirling

You'd have to be CRIMINALLY INSANE to star in a Nick Millard movie!
« Last Edit: April 12, 2007, 09:13:34 PM by Raffine » Logged

If you're an Andy Milligan fan there's no hope for you.
daveblackeye15

« Reply #10 on: April 12, 2007, 09:12:42 PM »

Wow a lot of those DVD colors have got the good posters on them. Even a movie as lame as Zoltron has a pretty neat one (okay I've only heard it, not actually seen)

Holy crap I forgot all about the Raids Again and Mothra DVD's.

Must get!

Now it's time to sing the nation anthem IN AMERICA!!!

Bandit Keith from Yu-Gi-Oh the Abridged Series (episode 12)
Jordan
B-Movie Site Webmaster
Bad Movie Lover

Thunderball Fists?! I can have such a thing?!

« Reply #11 on: April 12, 2007, 11:45:09 PM »

Andrew, indeed the picture quality of Classic Media's Godzilla releases is fantastic. They've definitely come a long way since that "Ultimate Godzilla Collection" DVD boxed set that featured lousy prints of "Godzilla: King of the Monsters," "Godzilla vs. Mothra," "Godzilla's Revenge," "Terror of Mechagodzilla," and "Rodan." (Actually the video quality was alright with those discs, but the "5.1 Audio" really left much to be desired.) I look forward to Classic Media's upcoming releases of "Ghidrah - The Three-Headed Monster" and "Invasion of the Astro-Monster" (a.k.a. Godzilla vs. Monster Zero)!

Oldskool, I agree 100% that John Saxon is one of the most underrated actors  of all time. I did an article about him for Rogue Cinema a few years back. I had hoped to find more info about the man, but sadly I couldn't. In the end, the final product became a lengthy recap of his career and all the various roles he has played. You can read that here if you're interested.

Raffine, I see that A Sound of Thunder is on your DVD list. I bought it out of curiosity (seeing as how it was in theaters for less than a month and later made a quiet debut on DVD) and didn't really think it was all that great. The idea behind the film was cool, but I guess I wanted to see more creatures, death and destruction. (Repto-Baboons?! You have to be kidding me!)  What'd you think of it?

Evan, thanks, I've never had the pleausure of watching all of the Tingler (I saw half of it on HBO over a decade ago and didn't know how it all ended up until I read my buddy Duane's review for it at B-Movie Central. Out of curiosity, is that Santa Claus movie you got the one Mexican made flick with Pitch, the evil satanic imp that is trying to ruin Christmas?

-----
The Vault Master
Caretaker of The B-Movie Film Vault
-----
Joe the Destroyer
« Reply #12 on: April 13, 2007, 03:50:25 AM »

I haven't been on any DVD sprees in a bit.  I think the last things I picked up were Cujo and The Devil's Backbone.
Raffine

« Reply #13 on: April 13, 2007, 12:19:17 PM »

Jordon, my interest in A SOUND OF THUNDER was brought on by a photo of one of those baboon-dino things being posted in the 'Guess That Movie" thread.

It was no surprise to me this was a disappointing take on Ray Bradbury's terrific short story. It felt to me like there were some serious problems while making this one and a visit to imdb confirmed this. Not only did the original pruducers go bankrupt, the sets were severely damaged during the"Great Prague Flood of 2002".

What made me want to throw a brick at the TV and moved this film into its own special little place in my heart was how awful the effects were in some shots (some weren't too bad), the headache inducing time travel theories,  and gaping plot holes (If they kept going back to the same dino death why didn't they run into themselves? That one guy was able to go back and warn himself. Why did the 'time waves' only seem to reach to the top of the buildings? Why were the modern buildings still there after the last wave? Why didn't the time waves start in the machine that created them, etc. etc. etc.!).

But mostly it was that furry thing, whatever it was, on Ben Kingsley's head.

If you're an Andy Milligan fan there's no hope for you.
Evan
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #14 on: April 14, 2007, 12:45:56 PM »

Evan, thanks, I've never had the pleausure of watching all of the Tingler (I saw half of it on HBO over a decade ago and didn't know how it all ended up until I read my buddy Duane's review for it at B-Movie Central. Out of curiosity, is that Santa Claus movie you got the one Mexican made flick with Pitch, the evil satanic imp that is trying to ruin Christmas?

I didnt get it but it is the one with Pitch the satanic imp.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  DVD Spree « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.