Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 05:16:23 PM
713366 Posts in 53058 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Good Movies  |  Oldie but goodie « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Oldie but goodie  (Read 7350 times)
Phantom187
« on: April 11, 2007, 05:17:28 AM »

This is the best  Thumbup :thumbup:movie I ever saw ok it took me a while to find it and I dont think I ever would have seen it again if it weren't for the internet javascript:void(0);
BounceGigglet BounceGiggle BounceGiggle BounceGiggle. Please review this masterpiece of a horror film. Its right up there with Saloms lot since they  would show these around Halloween on TBS in the 80s.

Dark Night of the Scare Crow --- super rare film from TBS by TBS and I was looking for it in this forum about 5 years back and no one knew about it. Cheers
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2007, 05:43:18 AM »

From the Psychotronic Video Guide:
" DARK NIGHT of the SCARECROW(1981) D.Frank De Flitta  S:J.D.Feigalson P: Bobbie Frank
This CBS-TV movie is often shown on Halloween.A small-town postman (Charles Durning) reluctantly leads a vigalante group stalking a harmless retarted man (Larry Drake) blamed for the killing of a young girl.His ghost returns. With Claude Earl Jones,Joeclyn Brando,and Lane Smith.The director is a horror novelist. "

.Think I read one of De Flitta's books before...can't remember what,but the name rings some faint bells. Larry Drake,of course,went on to play in DARKMAN and Dr.GIGGLES. I vagualy remeber seeing this on TV,but nothing too remarkable stands out.

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
soylentgreen
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2007, 07:23:07 PM »

It's a great example of what tele-films were capable of in the 70s.  The s**t that gets broadcast nowadays is an insult to the memory of that period in tv history.

DARK NIGHT, for myself, is in a very small group of tv films that prove that some actual cinematic and dramatic know-how can make up for any budgetary restrictions you might have.

DON'T BE AFRAID OF THE DARK is another stellar example.  Some years back, as I began to hunt down childhood cult film favorites, I was bowled over by the widespread affection I encountered for the Kim Darby film, let alone DARK NIGHT OF THE SCARECROW.

There is an entire generation of us floating around who know of a mythical time when real filmmakers knew how to use the television medium.

That's my driver's license picture....I hate that picture!"
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2007, 07:46:44 PM »

TRILOGY of TERROR was a favorite TV movie. I recall DON't BE AFRAID of the DARK and it's creepy little ghoulie type things,hiding behind stairway bannisters and such. I remember a TV movie called DAUGHTER of the MIND,I think,with Pam Ferdin(?)...the girl from LAND of the LOST TV show,and the horror movie TOOLBOX MURDERS. Lemme see...if I can get the Wayback Machine to work...
FRANKENSTIEN: the TRUE STORY-preetycool 2 part( I think) movie with Micheal Sarazan...
I recall won with Andy Griffith (!) where he hunted people with  animals...? Mebbe II'll have  to ask about that one in WHAT MOVIE>>>? thread...
 the NIGHT STALKER,of course!
 the NIGHT STRANGLER-was a follow up TV movie to the above,with Kolchack hunting for a agless strangler in the underground city beneath S.F.
 the WEREWOLF of WOODSTOCK-all I recall of this was the werewolf getting killed by lightining(?).
 BAD RONALD- About a crazy artist/ teenager who lived in the walls(?) of an old house....My Dad used to joke and call me Bad Ronald after this whenever I showed him some of my weird artwork! Smile

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
rebel_1812
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2007, 12:58:20 AM »

i remember seeing this movie. My recurring thought while watching it was poetic justice.

Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Good Movies  |  Oldie but goodie « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.