Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 09:48:56 AM
714357 Posts in 53095 Topics by 7742 Members
Latest Member: KathleneKa
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  WHO FREAKED YOU OUT? « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 8
Author Topic: WHO FREAKED YOU OUT?  (Read 51166 times)
clockworkcanary
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #45 on: April 20, 2007, 12:19:22 PM »

Mr. Belvedere

Join us as we discuss all things schlock at Three Knock Theater podcast:

Facebook Group:
https://www.facebook.com/groups/197572800347267/

Youtube channel:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCrLYkyXabfSwpcRQjhUMErQ
rebel_1812
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #46 on: April 20, 2007, 01:52:12 PM »

i remeber something else that was freaky.  In Excalibur there is a scence with several knights hanging from a tree, long since dead, with a vulture pecking on of their eyes out.  Speaking of which the Birds had some pretty freaky moments too.
This thread has evolved a long way from who freaked you out to what freaked you out, but I love every word of it.  The scene you describe from EXCALIBUR is deliciously gruesome; I realize now this is a strange secret favorite film of mine; I think it's Percival who witnesses that . . . no? 

John Boorman also directed HELL IN THE PACIFIC, DELIVERANCE, ZARDOZ, HOPE AND GLORY . . .  some real good stuff! 

yes, then he ends up on the tree.

rebel_1812
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #47 on: April 20, 2007, 01:53:28 PM »

Mr. Belvedere

lol, yeah its always the butler in murder mystery novels.

Allhallowsday
B-Movie Kraken

Either he's dead or my watch has stopped!

« Reply #48 on: April 20, 2007, 01:57:27 PM »

The character of Janos Skorzeny in THE NIGHT STALKER; forgot about him, but he freaked me out, especially with those eyes! 

If you want to view paradise . . . simply look around and view it!
Allhallowsday
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #49 on: April 20, 2007, 09:03:03 PM »

I saw Legend as a kid and the only thing I retained from the movie wasn't Timothy Leary as Darkness, but Meg f*cking Mucklebones. I had this weird dream that involved two guys in a rowboat pointing to the window of the Bates house, seeing "mother"'s shadow, then screaming as Meg comes up from the water and drags them both screaming into the swamp... Second most disturbing nightmare of my life.
 Drink

Tim Curry . . . ? 
I kind of like your nightmare, tombofanubis.com , it's very nicely edited.  I'd be interested to hear your #1 most disturbing nightmare.  It'd be an interesting idea for a thread, too . . .

venomx
« Reply #50 on: April 20, 2007, 10:12:29 PM »

Your most disturbing nightmare thread sounds cool anyone up for it? I got some real disturbing nightmares to tell too.
also the lady from Trilogy of Terror FREAKED me out but it looked so fake. 2nd oh yeah the girl or Anthony's sister in the bedroom from Twilite Zone the movie the one with no mouth that FREAKED me out too. 3rd well it didnt really freak me out but it looked freaky was the girl from Fright Night the movie with the real big mouth vamp Marcy Darcy lol ... wait ... Meg , lady from Trilogy of Terror , and vamp Marcy Darcy ... all women well lol scary women that is ... maybe because my mom is nuts ... Im joking :)

« Last Edit: April 20, 2007, 10:33:25 PM by venomx » Logged
SaintMort
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #51 on: April 21, 2007, 02:20:18 PM »

I forgot about the twilight Zone Movie sister, that scaried me s**tless
Allhallowsday
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #52 on: April 21, 2007, 02:35:52 PM »

Your most disturbing nightmare thread sounds cool anyone up for it? I got some real disturbing nightmares to tell too.
  Start it and I'll be sure to share one or two of my own . . . tombofanubis's dream with the Bates house and Meg Mucklebones was very cool and movie related. 

AnubisVonMojo
B-Movie Site Webmaster
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Jesus H. Chelios!

« Reply #53 on: April 21, 2007, 10:19:10 PM »

Start it and I'll be sure to share one or two of my own . . . tombofanubis's dream with the Bates house and Meg Mucklebones was very cool and movie related. 

Started the thread under "Off-Topic" threads. Look forward to hearing everybody's personal horrors!  TeddyR

"Don't make me stain my last clean shirt with the back of your head." - Shatter Dead
"A grizzly bear with a chainsaw. Now THERE's a killing machine!" - The Simpsons
"I've always wanted to make love to an angry welder." - Jaws: the Revenge
venomx
« Reply #54 on: April 21, 2007, 10:29:45 PM »

O crap I just did too ... sorry
rebel_1812
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #55 on: April 22, 2007, 12:09:52 AM »

i have remebered another freaky part of a movie.  Has anyone seen Candyman?  That part where she wakes up in a ghetto home full of blood with a woman screaming at her and dog skinned is extremely creepy.

Kroogur
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #56 on: April 23, 2007, 05:02:16 AM »

Freddy Krueger in the first Nightmare on Elm Street movie, yeah Jason an Leatherface were kind of scary but you could get away from them, not Freddy...this cat can get you in your dreams,in your home, in your safe little bed and there is little you can do about it Buggedout

And the other movie was Return of the Living Dead we went to see this in the theater when it was released and we went to the "Midnight Matinee" showing at the local theater well needless to say up till that point i was comfortable with the shambling Romero zombies...this movie blew that right outta the water these zombies were fast, strong, and wickedly intelligent, the whole scene with the half corpse on the exam table was very freaky.
AnubisVonMojo
B-Movie Site Webmaster
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Jesus H. Chelios!

« Reply #57 on: April 23, 2007, 10:55:14 AM »

And the other movie was Return of the Living Dead we went to see this in the theater when it was released and we went to the "Midnight Matinee" showing at the local theater well needless to say up till that point i was comfortable with the shambling Romero zombies...this movie blew that right outta the water these zombies were fast, strong, and wickedly intelligent, the whole scene with the half corpse on the exam table was very freaky.

I'm almost never freaked out by movies, but when I first saw RotLD I was probably 14, it was 1am on a Saturday night, and I had fallen asleep in a recliner earlier while watching Children of the Corn 3 when it was still light out. I woke up with no lights on right around the part when the tar zombie makes his first appearance. It freaked me right the f*ck out and I watched the rest of the movie with my heart in my throat. It's since become one of my favorite movies and, as Kroogur said, it turned the zombie concept on it's ear.

"Don't make me stain my last clean shirt with the back of your head." - Shatter Dead
"A grizzly bear with a chainsaw. Now THERE's a killing machine!" - The Simpsons
"I've always wanted to make love to an angry welder." - Jaws: the Revenge
marmar
New Visitor

« Reply #58 on: April 23, 2007, 02:15:18 PM »

The boy/girl at the end of Sleepaway Camp scared me as a kid. Now that I think back on it, it probably just weirded me out.
Allhallowsday
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #59 on: May 03, 2007, 12:23:43 AM »

Did a sympathetic or anti-hero character freak you out? 

John Hurt as THE ELEPHANT MAN (1980) freaked me out.  I sat thru one of the recent TCM showings and still find "John" Merrick's appearance upsetting (the real-life man was actually Joseph Merrick, an error in scholarship uncorrected at the time when David Lynch made this masterpiece).  The makeup is accurate check it out here:  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Joseph_Merrick

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 8
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  WHO FREAKED YOU OUT? « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.