Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 09:08:25 PM
714251 Posts in 53092 Topics by 7736 Members
Latest Member: ShayneGree
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  WHO FREAKED YOU OUT? « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8
Author Topic: WHO FREAKED YOU OUT?  (Read 51125 times)
KYGOTC
Corprate slimeball of E.E.S.
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Be EXELLENT to each other...and PARTY ON DUDES!!

« Reply #75 on: June 25, 2008, 08:25:30 AM »

Sorta. Its from "Pee Wees Big Adventure" movie.

"I'm a man too, you know! I go pee-pee standing up!"
Saucerman
Opinionated Blowhard Par Excellence
B-Movie Site Webmaster

Hypnotic, ain't it?

« Reply #76 on: June 25, 2008, 10:42:32 AM »

This handsome fellow (from the film FUNHOUSE) haunted my nightmares for years as a child:

http://www.latexmaskcentral.com/images/johncaplinfunhousemonster.jpg

Funny thing is, I never even saw this movie until last year.  When I was a kid I borrowed every book my library had on movie monsters a million times.  Those books were my introduction to the Metaluna Mutant, The Martian from The War of the Worlds, The Creature from the Black Lagoon, the Mole Men, and dozens of others.  There was a STILL IMAGE of this monster in one book, and the sight of it terrified me. 

Allhallowsday
B-Movie Kraken

Either he's dead or my watch has stopped!

« Reply #77 on: June 27, 2008, 09:34:59 PM »

This handsome fellow (from the film FUNHOUSE) haunted my nightmares for years as a child:

http://www.latexmaskcentral.com/images/johncaplinfunhousemonster.jpg

Funny thing is, I never even saw this movie until last year.  When I was a kid I borrowed every book my library had on movie monsters a million times.  Those books were my introduction to the Metaluna Mutant, The Martian from The War of the Worlds, The Creature from the Black Lagoon, the Mole Men, and dozens of others.  There was a STILL IMAGE of this monster in one book, and the sight of it terrified me. 
I saw that on pretty early cable television for my family about a year after it had been released (and tanked, if I'm right.)  Great little horrible movie, and I am a huge fan of TOBE HOOPER, the director who also gave us his masterpiece the original TEXAS CHAINSAW MASSACRE

If you want to view paradise . . . simply look around and view it!
Undead
Dedicated Viewer

Time to play.

« Reply #78 on: June 30, 2008, 12:16:55 PM »

The kid in The Shining freaked the hell out of me. To this day, it's the only horror movie I won't watch alone. Jack isn't scary because... well, he's Jack! But that rubbery-faced little kid is pure evil. For me, the scariest moment in the whole movie is where the kid's in bed listening to his parents argue and opens his mouth in that silent scream expression. *shudder*

Speaking of creepy facial expressions, Shelley Duvall's contorted face when she's leaning against the wall screaming while Jack's taking an axe to the door also creeped me out.

Can you yell "Movie!" in a crowded fire station?
Allhallowsday
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #79 on: July 01, 2008, 11:33:06 AM »

The kid in The Shining freaked the hell out of me. To this day, it's the only horror movie I won't watch alone. Jack isn't scary because... well, he's Jack! But that rubbery-faced little kid is pure evil. For me, the scariest moment in the whole movie is where the kid's in bed listening to his parents argue and opens his mouth in that silent scream expression. *shudder*

Speaking of creepy facial expressions, Shelley Duvall's contorted face when she's leaning against the wall screaming while Jack's taking an axe to the door also creeped me out.
I'll get that contorted face for ya...!!
« Last Edit: July 01, 2008, 03:04:29 PM by Allhallowsday » Logged

Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

Click on that globe for 366 Weird Movies

« Reply #80 on: July 01, 2008, 01:24:57 PM »

The scene where Jack embraces the sexy spirit woman both fascinated and freaked me out as a teenager.  I found the twin girls pretty creepy at the time, too. 

And Willy Wonka with an axe freaks me out as a grown up.

I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...
Allhallowsday
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #81 on: July 01, 2008, 03:01:42 PM »

The scene where Jack embraces the sexy spirit woman both fascinated and freaked me out as a teenager.  I found the twin girls pretty creepy at the time, too. 

And Willy Wonka with an axe freaks me out as a grown up.
Oh really...?

Undead
Dedicated Viewer

Time to play.

« Reply #82 on: July 02, 2008, 12:53:09 AM »

Quote from: Allhallowsday
I'll get that contorted face for ya...!!

Hehehe - thanks! Somehow Willy Wonka with an axe makes that scene less disturbing for me.
TeddyR

Can you yell "Movie!" in a crowded fire station?
Pilgermann

« Reply #83 on: July 02, 2008, 01:26:33 AM »

1975 - Picnic At Hanging Rock  This film is based on a true story.  The girls of Appleyard College go on a school trip to Hanging Rock on Valentine's Day, 1900, and several of them disappear inexplicably while exploring.  I can't really delve into further details without betraying the film's mystery, but this is definitely an eerie tale.  For those of you who are fans of The Cars That Ate Paris, you might consider checking out a good Peter Weir film.  TongueOut

That movie made me feel rather frightened.  It's an amazing and strange film.

When I was a wee one I was pretty much terrified of any depiction of aliens with the large black eyes.  They still weird me out a tiny bit, but don't fill me with terror like they used to.  Thank God I never saw Communion when I was a kid!

I was also scared of The Blob (I loved that movie but I always imagined the Blob creeping up the stairwell at night) the John Carpenter version of The Thing, many parts of Creepshow, the scene where Mr. Dark is aging rapidly on the carousel in Something Wicked This Way Comes (which I thought was generally quite scary and it remains a favorite film of mine), and plenty of other monster-oriented flicks.  Oh, and I think I was kind of traumatized by a transformation scene from The Beast Within when I caught part of it late at night.

More recently I thought In the Mouth of Madness had some freaky stuff, and Carnival of Souls was pretty spooky.  The Ring freaked me out, too, although it doesn't hold up quite as well on repeat viewings.

The Dungeonmaster
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #84 on: July 02, 2008, 03:11:43 AM »

Looking back, I think there was only one thing that freaked me out when I was a kid. It was the monster in Watchers 3.

Now, all I did when I was little was watch horror movies so I have no idea why this one in particular freaked me out so much. Viewing the film now, I especially don't understand it because it's pretty tame compared to most of what I would watch. I mean, I thought Chucky was awesome at 9 so why did the short snippets of that dumb green monster make me hide? I have no idea. Once, I stayed the night at a friends house and I couldn't sleep because I was terrified of that monster. Everyone in the house went to sleep and I ran out into the street and ran home at 3 am because I was scared. Haha, what a pus I was.

That, and the introduction (scenes from the future-war) to Terminator 2 used to scare me as well. It was my favorite movie, and still is, but I would hide in the bathroom and listen through the walls until the intro was over every time I watched it. Then I would safely return to the couch to watch Arnold be a bad ass.
onagro
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #85 on: July 02, 2008, 02:12:04 PM »

When I was a kid, most movie monsters did not affect me.  I wanted to study Godzilla and keep an alien as a pet.  Yet, the stop-motion fishfrog-monsterman is piranha gave me nightmares!  Apparently, I would actually wake up my parents screaming "Fishfrog-monsterman, no!" in the middle of the night.  They used to use it as a cover if they didn't want to go somewhere or give me stuff.  Here's an example:
Me: I want a Galvitron action figure, Dad!
Dad: I'd like to get that one you, but fishfrog monsterthing was just touching them all.
Me: Ahhhhh!  Is he gone yet?

After watching the movie again recently, I wonder why I was so freaked out by it?  It was really pretty funny looking!

Also, try walking in on Sleepaway Camp's ending when your 4 years old.  Now that's terror!
Allhallowsday
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #86 on: July 02, 2008, 10:02:49 PM »

...Also, try walking in on Sleepaway Camp's ending when your 4 years old.  Now that's terror!
You said it brother... or should I say sister?   Lookingup

LuckyLisp
« Reply #87 on: July 02, 2008, 10:51:09 PM »

The Vietnam vet serial killer in 'Don't Answer The Phone'.
Allhallowsday
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #88 on: July 02, 2008, 11:47:51 PM »

The Vietnam vet serial killer in 'Don't Answer The Phone'.
You reminded me of the Vietnam vet "Andy" in DEATHDREAM (1974 aka DEAD OF NIGHT).  Andy was really creepy.   

my favorite '70s Horror maybe...

onagro
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #89 on: July 03, 2008, 07:10:15 AM »

...Also, try walking in on Sleepaway Camp's ending when your 4 years old.  Now that's terror!
You said it brother... or should I say sister?   Lookingup

Nope, you had it right the first time. 
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  WHO FREAKED YOU OUT? « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.