Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 02:38:51 PM
713356 Posts in 53058 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  Movie Reviews  |  [Post-Apoc] Damnation Alley « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: [Post-Apoc] Damnation Alley  (Read 6409 times)
Kester Pelagius
B-Movie Site Webmaster
Bad Movie Lover

Not a Time Lord!

« on: April 14, 2007, 03:23:08 AM »

Do you like post-apocalypse movies?  A new review of Damnation Alley is up now at Mise-en-scene Crypt.

What is Damnation Alley?  It's The Day After meets Mad Max in seventies era post-apocalypse hockum.

That's Damnation Alley.

Cosmic Cinema - SF articles and reviews.

Mise-en-scene Crypt - Rants, reviews, & more! (10% NSFW)
Andrew
Administrator
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

I know where my towel is.

« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2007, 07:08:32 AM »

I have not watched this film in years, but love the Landmasters.  They crop up in a couple of other films and are always a treat to see.  The whole bit about Tanner driving through the storm, while the other vehicle digs in and ends up being trashed, was hard to swallow.  At least, that is how I remember it.  I don't think that they made a point of Tanner keeping his Landmaster pointed into the wind, so the other one digging in would be the best chance to make it through the storm.

The armor-plated, man-eating cockroaches are what many remember.  That would be high on my list of things to avoid too.  Now, the concept seems silly.  When I was younger, I had a definite fear of encountering things like that.

Andrew Borntreger
Badmovies.org
Jim H

« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2007, 06:02:16 AM »

The book is reccomended.  Tanner is quite an interesting character in it (he's one tough dude), and it is generally much more serious.  It's by Zelazny for those who know him, and you can still find it in book stores.
Ewokmic
« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2007, 06:45:09 AM »

Great review. I have this but haven't found time to watch it yet.

www.post-apocalypse.co.uk
Gerry
B-Movie Site Webmaster
Bad Movie Lover

It's not what you say, it's how you say it.

« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2007, 11:24:51 AM »

DAMNATION ALLEY is a guilty pleasure.  I love the crappy FX work at the beginning with the giant scorpions menacing the hero on the motor cycle.  And what's with the bunks in the barracks being located right next to the kerosine tanks or whatever they were that caused the installation to blow up in the beginning?
Kester Pelagius
B-Movie Site Webmaster
Bad Movie Lover

Not a Time Lord!

« Reply #5 on: April 25, 2007, 11:34:30 AM »

DAMNATION ALLEY is a guilty pleasure.  I love the crappy FX work at the beginning with the giant scorpions menacing the hero on the motor cycle.

As a kid I thought that was awesome.  Buggedout

And what's with the bunks in the barracks being located right next to the kerosine tanks or whatever they were that caused the installation to blow up in the beginning?

The scriptwriter needed to blow up the base and couldn't think of a remotely realistic way to do it?

My memories of the beginning of the movie still don't mess with the FMC version.  Alas my efforts to find information on alternate versions of haven't been very fruitful.  I'm starting to think my memories are either faulty or I dreamed up a entirely better intro.

Does anyone know if there was an extended version of this that played slightly differently?

Cosmic Cinema - SF articles and reviews.

Mise-en-scene Crypt - Rants, reviews, & more! (10% NSFW)
FatFreddysCat
Movies, Metal, Beer!

« Reply #6 on: October 17, 2011, 11:02:04 AM »

This flick turned up on Fox Movie Channel in the wee hours of the morning a couple of nights ago so I recorded it. "Damnation Alley" was one of those movies that got tons of plays on HBO when I was a kid in the late 70s/early 80s so I saw it a bunch of times back then... watching it again last night for the first time in 25+ years all I could do was roll my eyes at how easily impressed I must've been when I was ten years old.  TeddyR

Hey, HEY, kids! Check out my way-cool Music and Movie Review blog on HubPages!
http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  Movie Reviews  |  [Post-Apoc] Damnation Alley « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.