Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 10:33:11 AM
713337 Posts in 53056 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  THANKSGIVING axed by Myspace? « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: THANKSGIVING axed by Myspace?  (Read 3435 times)
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« on: April 15, 2007, 03:36:56 PM »

I went to Bad Movies myspace page...and the THANKSGIVING trailer seems to have been censored out...as in not available. I have it posted on my site to,courtsy of BMO ,same thing. Also, I tried to add a photo to my slide shoe...which has many gruesome images ,one gory one in particular of daylight through a little girl's head,from Fulci's 7 DOORS of DEATH,yet when I tried to download a illustration of George W. with vampire fangs taking a bite of of Lady Liberty's neck- I got a "WARNING!" flag,stating no excessive violence or nudity was allowed! No nudity is in the picture...and violence...? Hell! I downloaded a drawing of my own showing a nun possessed by a demon,squriting blood out of her nipples ! This seems like an odd thing ...being they are advertising the TRIPPER...Ronny Reagan as a serial killer! Whut gives?

Sooooooooooooo...I have just tried an expeirment of my own...and hope I don't get booted off Myspace....I added to my own Myspace page an excessively bloody short of I DRINK YOUR BLOOD,the old gore movie from the 70's...which has breif nudity,to see what happens. I just want to see if there is a double standerd for theyre censor policies...I'll let you know if anything happens.

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
Andrew
Administrator
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

I know where my towel is.

« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2007, 06:26:46 PM »

I would guess that they have some sort of program that checks the image.  I do not know what your file name was like, so perhaps it clued off of that in some way?  Like killervamp.jpg could trigger it, while 88279.jpg would not. 

If the file name was not the trigger, perhaps some sort of generic image recognition is in effect?  The only other thing I could come up with is that their system "remembers" naughty (reported by users) images and pictures based on an MD5 or other value.

If the system alerts you, it might place the alert into a list to be checked by human eyes for compliance.

Andrew Borntreger
Badmovies.org
Ash
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

23 Year Badmovies.org Veteran

« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2007, 09:33:51 PM »

I checked Youtube and the Thanksgiving trailers are all still there so it must've been flagged by Myspace.

My guess is that some ultra conservative, easily offended a-hole probably reported it and Myspace stopped the faux trailer cold.

It's too bad...that trailer was pure B-movie gold.   Thumbup
« Last Edit: April 15, 2007, 09:37:03 PM by Ash » Logged
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  THANKSGIVING axed by Myspace? « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.