Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 01:22:05 PM
713351 Posts in 53056 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Good Movies  |  The Muppets... « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Author Topic: The Muppets...  (Read 18909 times)
BoyScoutKevin
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #15 on: April 22, 2007, 02:00:16 PM »

I was late in coming to the Muppets. And, actually, it was my younger sister who introduced me to them, when we attended a Muppet exhibition at one of the museums in the L.A. area. And sometime after that, I got interested in them and started watching everything they did.

My favorite moment, and few people have seen it, is a show, starring the Muppets, that occurs on Disney Cruise Line. A show, that apparently occurs, only on the longer cruises. In this show, Kermit and Fonzie have taken over the ship's entertainment, despite some heckling from Statler and Waldorf. Miss Piggy has taken over one of the ship's suites, and no one has seen her except the masseurs from the ship's spa and the waiters from room service. The Swedish Chef has taken over the ship's galley. And Animal has taken over the steering of the ship, with some help from the ship's captain.

A wonderful show that features clips from some of the episodes from their television show and some of their movies. And it gives you a look at some of the ship's crew members, who you would not normally see, such as the engine crew, as the come on--on film--at the end of the show and sing "The Rainbow Connection" with the Muppets.

But, the supreme moment of show, has to be when the ship's cruise director comes on--dressed as a chicken--for part of the show.
Mr. DS
Master Of Cinematic Bowel Movements
B-Movie Kraken

Get this thread cleaned up or YOU'RE FIRED!!!

« Reply #16 on: April 24, 2007, 11:34:46 AM »

I love the muppets and have been a lifelong fan.  Watching my son watch Sesame Street now brings back a lot of fond memories. 

For the Muppet Show I love Miss Piggy simply because a pig who thinks shes beautiful is funny on it's own.  Its that wonderful attitude that truly does her justice.  Statler and Waldorf always made me laugh.  Kermit is one of my all time favorites too.

Sesame Street, Oscar is my idol.  I also admire Bert's nerdiness.  For newer characters I think Baby Bear is funny due to his speech impediment.

DarkSider's Realm
http://darksidersrealm.blogspot.com/

"You think the honey badger cares?  It doesn't give a sh*t."  Randall
BoyScoutKevin

« Reply #17 on: April 29, 2007, 04:59:17 PM »

I haven't seen The Muppet Treasure Island or The Muppet Wizard of Oz

The best scene in The Muppet Wizard of Oz was where the film suddenly jumps from the main story into an office where Quentin Tarantino is pitching a version of the previous scene to Kermit. The movie is pretty good, better than most of the other non-Henson Muppet movies, but not as good as the first two films.

Alot of people, who saw it, didn't like it. I did, though. My favorite moment is, paraphrasing here, when someone asked one of the Muppets, who they were, they said: "We're friends of Dorothy." Which sentence can be taken more then one way.
Hunky Magoo
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #18 on: April 30, 2007, 04:52:31 PM »

I was obsessed with the muppets for the longest time (that includes The Sesame Street Muppets). Can't choose a favorite film or moment. Jim Henson was amazing. R.I.P. Jim

Oh listen Tender Lumplings let me take you by the hands.
I'll take you from this hell-hole to the Promised Land.
But don't blame me, oh children, if those promises don't keep.
'Cause promises like lives, can be bought so very cheap.
Katie
B-Movie Widow
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #19 on: May 04, 2007, 06:21:32 PM »

I am a huge Muppet fan.  I love the original show and "Muppets Tonight".  My favorite movie has to be the original and I have too many favorite clips.  I love the episode with Elton John just because he is so...himself.  I also like the "Muppets Tonight" episode with Sandra Bullock.  "Phenomenon!"
BTB
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #20 on: May 06, 2007, 03:50:33 PM »

God I love them, Judd Winnick lets the Protagonist in The Barry Ween Comics say about them:
"Socks with Attitude. God Bless Jim Henson." and  he really is  right about that.

Harry Belafonte first Performed the Banan Boat song on the show on Fozzy asks "What's a Taliman?" Nobody ever would.

And Gonzo is a more versatle actor than the most real ones and I was always eger as a Kid to see the trumpet sketch in the Beginning.

And I like the Beginning best, it had a great song,interesting characters and more promise than any other show intro.

And regarding the movies I always thought Tim Curry to be a Muppet (great Honour) and he was a great Pirate.

To have no ideas and to express them
BTB
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #21 on: May 07, 2007, 01:01:31 AM »

Oh and I forgot this beautiful Indie production
of a Frog, a pig and an animal whch go lost in the woods searchimg for ....

Small | Large

To have no ideas and to express them
Oldskool138
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #22 on: May 07, 2007, 11:54:46 AM »

The Muppet Show season 2 is coming out 8/7/2007!!!

Just thought I'd let you know.

He learned almost too late that man is a feeling creature... and because of it, the greatest in the universe........
-Dr. Paul Nelson (Peter Graves)

That gum you like is going to come back in style.
-The Man from Another Place
Ed, Ego and Superego

« Reply #23 on: May 07, 2007, 12:37:48 PM »

I lived for the Muppet show when I was a kid.   There are dozens of good moments there.  My favorite movie moments are from the Muppet Movie.
1) The Ice cream man- Bob HOpe wasn't it?  Fozzie ordered Honey ice cream, and Kermit got Grasshopper ripple. 
2) the Frog Killer- Some guy in a wetsuit and a bandoleer of frog gigs.

Have you looked a the number of cameos in the first two films? Not to mention the guest list on the show
-Ed

Quantum materiae materietur marmota monax si marmota monax materiam possit materiari?

Si Hoc Legere Scis Nimium Eruditionis Habes
BoyScoutKevin

« Reply #24 on: May 16, 2007, 07:09:50 PM »

I lived for the Muppet show when I was a kid.   There are dozens of good moments there.  My favorite movie moments are from the Muppet Movie.
1) The Ice cream man- Bob HOpe wasn't it?  Fozzie ordered Honey ice cream, and Kermit got Grasshopper ripple. 
2) the Frog Killer- Some guy in a wetsuit and a bandoleer of frog gigs.

Have you looked a the number of cameos in the first two films? Not to mention the guest list on the show
-Ed

Yes, Bob Hope was the ice cream vendor in "The Muppets Movie." I'll add that "The Muppets Movie" was the first
Muppet movie I saw, and for that reason or not, it is my least favorite of the Muppet movies.
peter johnson

« Reply #25 on: May 17, 2007, 04:08:53 PM »

One from the Muppet Movie:
James Coburn comes flying through the doors of a seedy saloon, and lands in a filthy gutter:  "That bar is the lousiest, crummiest, dirtiest garbage pit on the face of the Earth!!!"
Kermit, passing by with Fozzie:  "Uh, then why do you go there?"
Coburn:  "I'm the owner!!"
One from the TV show:
The entire skit with John Cleese playing a very terrible/ineffectual pirate, foiled at every attempt to be wicked by quizzical Muppets.
peter johnson/denny crane

I have no idea what this means.
chris schneider
New Visitor

« Reply #26 on: May 18, 2007, 07:11:45 PM »

BounceGiggle Buggedout Thumbup
I used to watch the Muppet's when they had their TV show on CBS. Favorite movie was the Treasure Island one with Tim Currey, of all people, and favorite moment was when I was given Doctor Teeth and the Electric Mayhem poster when I was thirteen. Yes, I'm that old. Besides getting rooked on Ebay, would anyone know where I can get another poster like that?
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« Reply #27 on: May 20, 2007, 04:41:02 AM »

I saw a t-shirt once with Fozzie bear biting the head of a tiny Big Bird...on the back it said FOZZY . My favorite muppet...Beaker! Just looking at him cracks me up! BounceGiggle

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
sleepyweas3l
New Visitor

« Reply #28 on: May 31, 2007, 07:04:38 AM »

Listen up ok, we have a menu change, we will now be serving bolonga sandwhiches.

No body expects the Spanish Inquisition!
Andrew
Administrator

I know where my towel is.

« Reply #29 on: May 31, 2007, 07:35:48 AM »

Welcome aboard, sleepyweas3l.  That is from "Muppets from Space," right?  I couldn't enjoy that one as much as much as some of the others, though it did have a few high points and memorable quotes.

Andrew Borntreger
Badmovies.org
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Good Movies  |  The Muppets... « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.