Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 04:38:38 PM
713364 Posts in 53058 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Television  |  Whats the worst/annoying show? « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6
Author Topic: Whats the worst/annoying show?  (Read 48664 times)
Torgo
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #15 on: April 24, 2007, 08:28:46 PM »

All reality TV needs to just go away and never come back.

"There is no way out of here. It'll be dark soon. There is no way out of here."
AnubisVonMojo
B-Movie Site Webmaster

Jesus H. Chelios!

« Reply #16 on: April 26, 2007, 07:53:18 AM »

Any and all "Reality" shows, particularly Survivor 'cause it started it all.

THAT'S Entertainment?!?

Actually, if we want to use our time machine to go back and castrate reality TV before it hurts anyone, you'd probably have to start with The Real World. All Survivor is is The Real World in a tropical setting disguised as game show. Even the idea of the group getting together and getting rid of people originated on MTV's legacy of suck.

"Don't make me stain my last clean shirt with the back of your head." - Shatter Dead
"A grizzly bear with a chainsaw. Now THERE's a killing machine!" - The Simpsons
"I've always wanted to make love to an angry welder." - Jaws: the Revenge
WingedSerpent

I AM THE BAD PHOTOSHOP EFFECT!

« Reply #17 on: May 16, 2007, 07:26:38 PM »

Arrested Development

I didn't watch this show and it still managed to p**s me off

Here's the story (rant comming)
When it first started airing, I watched a couple of episodes.  After deciding it wasn't for me I turned it off.  However, when I turned on a show like "Best Week Ever" or ET, all I would hear was "Arrested Develpoment-the Best show your not watching", I picked up Entertaiment Weekly-"Arrested Development-the best show yor not watching" 

Finally, there was an awards show.  The creator won an award and aid something to the effect of "See-this show is great, and your not watching it"  He said it with such contempt for he non-watchers. This show did everything except say-Watch our show or your a dumb a s s !

I was glad when it was finally cancelled.  No show hated the people who didin't like it more than Arrested Development.

At least, that's what Gary Busey told me...
Torgo

« Reply #18 on: May 23, 2007, 09:46:50 PM »

Any and all reality TV shows need to be banished permanently to TV hell.

"There is no way out of here. It'll be dark soon. There is no way out of here."
BTB
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #19 on: May 24, 2007, 02:46:02 AM »

I don't want my Mtv and deleted it on my Tv

Have an utter and deep hatred for Friends (more for the people who take this as a guideline for real life)

Take shows like seventh Heaven as proof that a God allowing this can't exist.

And I am afraid of this generation growing up with Barney.

To have no ideas and to express them
byanychance
New Visitor

« Reply #20 on: June 13, 2007, 07:21:59 AM »

Entertainment Tonight. They may call it that but in my mind it will always be "The Plastic and Phoney People Showcase".

My thoughts about MTV exactly.Not only does MTV have NOTHING to do with music anymore,beyond waterd down rap music by talentless people (somebody saying uh huh yeah yeah yeah over samples of Led Zep?)

Hip Hop used to be  so good, before commercial rap took over  Thumbdown Now rap is a joke, especially to people not familiar with how it used to be and sound. And yeah, MTV doesn't even play music videos anymore (and 3 AM doesn't count). It should be renamed RTV, for reality TV. That is all they show right now, which are all a joke.

All reality TV needs to just go away and never come back.

Best post of the thread.
« Last Edit: June 13, 2007, 07:25:57 AM by p4poetic » Logged
Ozzymandias
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #21 on: June 14, 2007, 08:55:42 PM »

Ozzymandias speaks: I'm going to upset the Baby Boomers here. In my research for my novel, which takes place in the 1950s - early 60s, I've found that the two most obnoxious shows of that era were "The Mickey Mouse Club" and "The Life and Times of Wyatt Earp."  The last show mentioned would be good if they had real incidental music rather than that annoying mens choir humming and singing "Wyyyyyyatt Earrrrrrp. Wyyyyatt Earrrrp!" After awhile you want to start drinking heavy.

Also the original MMC is so dorky. Too many silly musical/dance numbers (Bobby Burgess' damn smile) that look more like a bad school production. The educational content is tedious. The only thing I like is the cartoons and some of the serials (the Hardy Boys is really good). The rest of it put me to sleep.

I also don't like Darlene Gillespe from the 50's show. She looks like a girl that wouldn't go with me in Junior high and high school. Next time some Boomer starts trashing the 90s version with Britney Spears, point out that Darlene is IN PRISON. Going without panties is nothing compared bilking old people out of their life savings. I also found out that Darlene tried to have Annette fired. 

Ozzymandias has spoken!!! 
Neville

« Reply #22 on: June 15, 2007, 08:28:51 AM »

Ozzymandias speaks: I'm going to upset the Baby Boomers here. In my research for my novel, which takes place in the 1950s - early 60s, I've found that the two most obnoxious shows of that era were "The Mickey Mouse Club" and "The Life and Times of Wyatt Earp."  The last show mentioned would be good if they had real incidental music rather than that annoying mens choir humming and singing "Wyyyyyyatt Earrrrrrp. Wyyyyatt Earrrrp!" After awhile you want to start drinking heavy.

Did they show at least Old Earp shooting people in the back?

My vote is for any reality TV program. Here we have our local versions of "Survivor", "Big Brother" and "Popstars", and they are even worse than the originals. Most of Big Brother's participants end up discussing their misseries in other programs or appearing butt-naked in magazines. A rather sad bunch all of them, they have no discernible talent (and not even an average IQ), but they are allowed to pimp themselves for a while before the next edition throws another bunch of losers.

In the most recent editions of "Popstars" they've started showing the castings, which allows the audience to watch so many pathetic performances that would be lost without the program's "help". Of course the point is that people are supposed to laugh at those who have even less talent than the real participants yet they still have some illusion. It makes me sick.

Can't speak of present Spanish TV in more depth, sorry. About a year ago I stopped watching it, and now I prepare my own TV selection thanks to a fast Internet access and P2P networks. it may be illegal, but it helps me to maintain my sanity intact.

Due to the horrifying nature of this film, no one will be admitted to the theatre.
MillionaireWaltz
New Visitor

Shameless Queen fangirl

« Reply #23 on: June 17, 2007, 07:07:32 AM »

I'll say it: American Idol.

I'm sick of hearing about it all the time. I don't even think anyone on that show is the best thing ever, anyway. Seriously, they sound the same after a while. And I especially hate it when they butcher songs by other artists. I was so p**sed when I heard they were doing Queen. That really put me off of AI.
raj

« Reply #24 on: June 28, 2007, 02:02:46 PM »

What was that one show, Full House, AKA My Two Dads. where the premise was that this chick was slutting around, got knocked up, then died leaving the two guys who could be the dad to raise the twins?  Talk about a bad premise for a show, when the kids are old enough, you have to explain to them that their mommy was a slut.  Oh, and we were too cheap to get a paternity test.

Oh, and it starred that guy who also did America's Funniest Home Videos.  Awful performer.

As you can tell, I have caught maybe five minutes of that show, but just hearing about it was bad enough.
indianasmith
Archeologist, Theologian, Elder Scrolls Addict, and a
B-Movie Kraken

A good bad movie is like popcorn for the soul!

« Reply #25 on: June 28, 2007, 02:15:17 PM »

I remember a teenybopper comedy from back in the 80's that was called "Square Pegs".  It had Sarah Jessica Parker in it, and was so abominably bad I couldn't stop watching it.

"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"
Mofo Rising
Global Moderator

My cat can eat a whole watermelon!

« Reply #26 on: June 28, 2007, 02:35:18 PM »

What was that one show, Full House, AKA My Two Dads. where the premise was that this chick was slutting around, got knocked up, then died leaving the two guys who could be the dad to raise the twins?  Talk about a bad premise for a show, when the kids are old enough, you have to explain to them that their mommy was a slut.  Oh, and we were too cheap to get a paternity test.

Oh, and it starred that guy who also did America's Funniest Home Videos.  Awful performer.

As you can tell, I have caught maybe five minutes of that show, but just hearing about it was bad enough.

Hate to correct you, especially on a subject like this, but you're mixing up two different shows.

FULL HOUSE starred Bob Saget (who if you haven't seen in THE ARISTOCRATS, you're in for a surprise), the Olsen twins and various other bad actors.  Awful, awful show.

MY TWO DADS was a different show.  The daughter was played by Staci Keanan, who I thought was the prettiest girl I ever saw when I was a kid.  I don't remember much about this show, but Keanan did move on to another awful show called STEP BY STEP before her career shuddered to a halt.

I don't watch much TV outside of DVD's because celebrity worship annoys the hell out of me.  I'd go with AMERICAN IDOL because it seems to have the furthest reach beyond television, and I disagree with manufactured music in general.  Also, and this is most important, never make fun of somebody you have power over.  All that does is make you a bully and an a***ole.  It's like beating up a child.  You could do it, but it's not something that ever should be done.

Every dead body that is not exterminated becomes one of them. It gets up and kills. The people it kills, get up and kill.
raj

« Reply #27 on: June 28, 2007, 02:46:14 PM »

Thanks Mofo.  I'd go with My Two Dads -- just a really bad premise.

I've never watched American Idol as well, and can't stand pop music.  Still, it'll be interesting to see if any of the contestants has a career in ten years.
Neville

« Reply #28 on: June 28, 2007, 03:01:55 PM »

I remember "My two dads" being an OK show, despite the stupid premise. "Full house", however, was plain awful.

Due to the horrifying nature of this film, no one will be admitted to the theatre.
Amontillado
Dedicated Viewer

John, you know Rosalynn.

« Reply #29 on: June 28, 2007, 03:10:47 PM »

Ha, my family used to live with my aunt and cousin, and she used to make me watch Square Pegs when I was a little kid. I don't even remember that show, I just remember the hatred.

I'm with MillionaireWaltz on this one: American Idol needs to be put down. I mean, there isn't even a semblance of talent any more. And if I had to hear one more f***ing word about that fruitcake Sanjaya, I was going to go postal, Oklahoma style. (Too soon?) Friends too. I actually got asked to leave high school because a teacher was offended by a t-shirt I made that read "Friends don't let friends watch Friends."

However, the most evil show to ever be broadcast is My Sweet 16. It's like a preview to hell. No f***ing wonder Paris Hilton is famous for doing nothing. It is the end result of what Yaddo, RC, and flackbait were talking about with celebrity idol worship. This obsession with fame and fortune that's gotten so out of control you don't even have to do anything but be a spoiled little s*!t to be famous. I am so afraid to bring children into this world, especially if I have a daughter. Between Bratz, Brittney Spears, and Barbie complete with tramp stamp... It's like society is attempting to breed vacant slaves to the mall. I've got a nationwide Stepford Conspiracy Theory brewing in my brain...

If I can build and install a pacemaker in this man\'s chest, I can damn well bouce a microwave off a satellite!
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Television  |  Whats the worst/annoying show? « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.